The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration Problem For New Players

The66Monkey

Question

WarfrMaster keeps PM'ing me about tech problems, can someone send him a pm about how to fix this problem? he speaks both spanish and english (but his english seems limited), here is his problem:

-snip- and I since I bought a laptop which is windows 8.1 operating system 64-bit x64 processor, memory (RAM): 4 GB, Intel ® Celeron ® CPU @ 2.16 GHz 2.16 n2840 ghz, I put the data on my laptop if it helps anything, the problem now is as I said before, since I got this laptop and had the problem of forward ports 4950 and 4955 UPN, that I could fix just between my router and opened the ports, and to reenter the game no longer sent me this message, in fact in the game options and tab "game" we analyze the network and told me that everything was detected (all was well) then upon entering a game which clarified could not join before forwarding ports it appeared to me as if in pairing "alone", and now I could I joined a team and when to charge the map and ended started to get into the game but began to freeze the game telling me that does not respond the program, but only spend about 15 seconds and then enter the game but no one was moving and I appeared a few seconds a message saying "migration host "and when I stop to load sent me another message saying" connection lost Host, you returned to the ship "and so it happens to me every time I go to a game and do not know how to fix it, that is why I turn ati you know the theme, so if you could give me a more detailed solution by passing this and how to do it in steps I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks community!

3 answers to this question

The key issue for the laptop user in this situation is both his CPU and GPU compared to that of his teammates when loading the match though a similar situation can be created by having a slower or laggy connection. When multiple players try to connect in a peer network system, the connection checks to see which player is the best host based on loading resources for the map. With a Celeron based CPU the laptop likely has an integrated mobile GPU and is probably loading slower than his fellows. One possible aid to this situation but by no means a fix, is to have the player in question ask his friends that they play with to change their ping limits to allow for higher latency connections and then not hosting missions for the most part while reducing display settings. If this works, the friends hosting will still have issue with void or quest missions started by the laptop player at times and the party host will have to wait for them to load on normal missions but the laptop player won't time-out as often as his guest players load the missions quicker and the host times out while starting initializations.

Starting a support ticket would be a good idea as my advice is more or less generalized and it would be better to get specific help from DE's Support staff, but try the changes here first as it might eliminate some possible issues that could have to be troubleshot. If the hardware is the issue, then there isn't much to do but keep in mind hardware upgrades or replacements later. If the situation is software related, support should be able to direct you in correcting the configurations.

I don't remember how it works anymore but if you garble your ports the wrong way you can have both machines on the same internet trying to use the same ports and stuff stops working.    If you guys are in the same room using the same network, be sure to look into a better explain of what I just said and figure out how to work around it.