The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Stalker? Bundle Worth It?

leoxastaroth

Question

I'm at Mastery Rank 7, nearly 8 and I'm really sick of not having a primary weapon I enjoy/am good with, I've tried Amprex, Tonkor and Opticor and I haven't enjoyed any of them, Tonkor has been the only one to feel powerful but I -hate- HATE aiming with it I mean oh my god I could have something in my face and still manage to just shoot between their legs. Another thing I really lack is a good secondary, I have Sonicor and it is pretty awesome and sends enemies flying but I'd like something that shreds through enemies too for when I don't feel like relying on just ragdoll CC.

I've been recently thinking that when I first started I really enjoyed my Mk1-Paris, but most of the bows seem pretty weak, that is of course except Dread and Rakta Cernos, but seeing as Rakta Cernos is mastery rank 12 requirement which is ages and ages away for me, would it be worth me getting the bundle for both Dread and Despair?

I know the Stalker can drop them both but honestly I have been playing a -lot-, over 200 hours clocked in, finished second dream and everything and I've honestly only had him pop up twice despite making sure I'm marked for death from all the bosses every day.

So are Dread and Despair worth the super hefty 800 investment? Can they carry well into endgame? Will they last?

18 answers to this question

Is it worth the 800 plat?

Average Tenno would say No.

Unless you have the funding to buy that bundle, then I would say no.

Dread carries in decent endgame. Like sorties / t4 intercept / etc. Despair is less likely to go into endgame.

Not worth all the plat IMO. But if you have it, then I would still not spend it here. The dread bp is his most common bp drop and there is always the paris prime that is on par with the dread; although the dread performs better endgame with 4x corrosive projection. I would take that plat and invest it in new prime weapons; paris and lex are both great weapons and will run you labout 50p each on a good day. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

No it isnt. The only thing worth getting there is Dread which is the most common bp drop from stalker btw. Hate & Despair are both cool looking weapons that you might enjoy using at the start but will often find yourself not using as your *go to* weapon eventually.

It depends.  Ive been playing for a long, long time, and still didn't have anything but several dreads and multiple nikana stances and whatever else he drops that isn't any good.   No hate, no despair.   With the new stalker chasing me, my odds of despair were so low I finally gave in and bought the thing.  Its a lot of money, but I had some Christmas funds and had wanted those for so long...

Not worth all the plat IMO. But if you have it, then I would still not spend it here. The dread bp is his most common bp drop and there is always the paris prime that is on par with the dread; although the dread performs better endgame with 4x corrosive projection. I would take that plat and invest it in new prime weapons; paris and lex are both great weapons and will run you labout 50p each on a good day. 

I'm going to second this. If you want a bow get a Paris Prime it's way cheaper than spending 800p to get the Dread, and it will perform very close to Dread's level for the most part. 

Also yes buy some better secondaries from trade with plat. 

What Stalker bundle isn't the right choice here. 

For Primaries with big single-hit damage, there's also e.g.

Lanka (more or less an elemental Bow with a long-range zoom option and the sniper chain bonus),

Hek (either Vaykor or Augment'd) and Tigris (though maybe wait for the Sancti version),

Tiberon (if you count the burst as a single shot, heh)

or (Secura FTW) Penta for an IMO more rewarding, less complete-miss-spree Grenade Launcher.

Boltor / Braton / Soma Prime (or Prisma Grakata) are all strong choices in the full-auto section,

Kohm is just fun to shred crowds with (innate Punchthrough and dismemberment woo)

and the post-buff Ignis is very much an AoE monster (even without any +Range / AoE Mods).

For Secondaries ... if you liked the AoE prowess of the Amprex, try out Atomos.

Spira seems much like an upgrade to Despair, though I loves me my (Concealed Explosives woo) Hikou Prime.

Lex Prime (crit build) and Vaykor Marelok (pure damage / status) deliver massive single hits

as does e.g. Kulstar (yay free Revive refill after every mission lol)

while Twin Grakata is my favorite (beyond the overall feel of Akstiletto) full-auto.

Honorable mention to Furis, hardly amazing by itself but the Augment gives you (at higher levels quite frequent)

radial blasts with not least a 100% Corrosion proc and of course ranged Life Steal for a nice big slice of immortality.

It's very bad value if you just want new gear but if you're a Mastery Hunter it's not so bad.

TBH I would be short 3,000 Mastery if I never bought it because of the Hate.  35 days total plytime (842 hours) and I never had that one drop.  I had tonnes of Despair and Dread.   

As weapons themselves they really are not worth the price.  As a nice quick bit of mastery and saving you from potential 800+ hour career of not finding X Weapon then it's a great value.

I would only really recommend this to somebody who wants to boost their mastery and shave Stalker farm time off.  (Too bad there's no "What Detron" or "What Grakk" packs - I shudder remembering it took me almost a year to get the Detron xD)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I bought it but only because I am acompletionist and I was at the point where I could not level anything else. As for the weapons, the Dread is one of not the best bow in the game but this is also one of, if not, the best bow in game. It's also one of Stalker's more "common" drops. Hate, the scythe, is really mediocre, I could name you 20 melee weapons that are better then this thing. Despair, the thrown knives, they are cool and good but they don't stand out above any other weapon, while slightly different you can do with Hikou Prime on status corrosive build. Also DE a few patches ago broke the holster position of the Despair so they look really ugly on a lot of warframes and God bless you if you have OCD. Is this pack worth 800 play? lol no

Are you a completionist and you have to master every weapon there is? Sure go for it. Just don't expect to get bang for your buck outside the dread.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Simple answer: NO.

It's definitly not worth the plat. The only DECENT weapon in the pack is dread and it's still nothing but a bow and...probably the most dropped BP from the stalker...also slash focused what's rly only ever supperior if you're running 4x corrosive or if you're able to decrease armor somehow. Get the paris prime for less with puncture.

The best aimable primary is the soma prime, get it for less in the tradechat. The synoid simulor seems to be pretty decent as well (haven't tried it yet) and even trades for less.

As for secondarys, i enjoy the furis (+new loka augument=health managenent), synoid gammacor (needs ammo mutation as it consumes like crazy but the dps easily touches 80-120k) and the rakta ballistica (basicly a paris prime on your secondary slot)

Also pretty cheap...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108