The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Rupture And Piercing Hit?

MarkAGP

Question

What is every ones thoughts on these 2 mods? They're both easy to obtain (or at least for me) and from the looks of it,both look very useful. I have invested a little into the mods and don't really see a big noticeable difference. Are these 2 mods useful? I'm trying to get my Boltor to do some really heavy damage. it has serration which is upgraded half way and is really helpful, as well as speed trigger with only 3 upgrades. I added Rupture and Piercing Hit and fused both of them twice, but I'm not sure if they're being very useful. 

Is Rupture and Piercing hit useful? If not should I just try and max out serration and speed trigger and add a more useful mod? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

8 answers to this question

they doesn't work right now, unless theses bonus are above than 100% and the weapon has more than 80% physical damage of that type, since Rupture and Piercing Hit's alike they only increase based on its own value (the physical stat one), instead of the entire weapon damage

that's prevent put impact/puncture/slash damage on pure elemental weapons, like Serro and Amprex

My thoughts: Meh.

They both have such an underwhelming effect that I don't even use them as filler. With a cost so disproportionate to their effect, it's difficult to justify them for anything but cherry-tapping and niche cases. Instead of bothering with them, try to level Serration and use elemental mods.

They're fine for new players who have free slots/capacity on their weapons but they're not worth using once you have all or most mods. In almost every case an elemental damage mod would be a better choice. I think these mods should be buffed up to +90% like Jagged Edge.

They're pretty trashy really. Maybe useful if you have nothing better or just wanna get something out of a few extra mod points, but elemental mods are marginally better than physical mods since:

-The values are outright better (90% elemental damage vs. 30-60% physical damage)

-For whatever reason physical mods only scale off of the existing physical damage of the same type, so unless that particular damage type is very high by default you end up getting very little bang for your buck. Elemental mods take the total damage of the weapon into consideration, which in conjunction with their higher percent value adds up to a much greater damage boost by comparison.

-Physical mods are entirely useless on a weapon whose base damage is purely elemental, since there's no physical damage for the mods to scale off of.

Even the event rewarded physical mods, which add 120% more physical damage, only outrank elemental mods on a select few weapons, and even then the difference in overall damage is still relatively low.