The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Features I've Never Seen

(XBOX)RIOTx420

Question

Hey Tenno ,

Now if I could post a video this would be a lot easier,

I'd just hatched this little cub

And the only thing I find strange is how the colours move across the body as the kubrow moves ,

I can't find a solid pattern to identify it , it's a brassy and black with a little grey I think , but as the cub moves the pattern and colours move too ,

Sadly all I can do is a couple pics. ATM

http://imgur.com/YM3WzGx

http://imgur.com/x36R39r

As you can see the colours are kinda bland , but every little movement the colours move around and I can't see any real pattern because it seems to move too ,

In a still pic everything looks normal , but it's the movement that is something I've never seen.

Is this a visual bug ?

Has anyone hatch something similar to this ?

Edited by (XB1)MaDHatteR420000

11 answers to this question

Sure it's not just the effect caused by high gloss all Kubrow's fur now have since *spoiler* were added with hair? Same textures/gloss/spec shader.

That was my first guess , you get that colour change in differant lighting ,

But I've hatched hundreds of kubrows and never seen the colours and patterns move before.

It also has a very metallic look when moving

That was my first guess , you get that colour change in differant lighting ,

But I've hatched hundreds of kubrows and never seen the colours and patterns move before.

It also has a very metallic look when moving

Yep, fairly certain it's what I've mentioned.

Again, it's a new feature with U18 so you wouldn't have noticed it prior to the update.

Did you name your kubrow Anakin by any chance?

Lol , no

Called her brass cuz that was what she kinda looked like

Yep, fairly certain it's what I've mentioned.

Again, it's a new feature with U18 so you wouldn't have noticed it prior to the update.

Good to know thank you ,

Wow they did a good job !

This was my fourth hatchling after the update but the first time I'd really noticed the colour change

Mhm... No.

How do you know it's 'broken'? That seems like an opinion opposed to a fact of being 'broken'. It also seems intentional to me, regardless of how bright it may be. Obviously working.

It's clearly a new shader added for hair, the same hair the Kubrow's happen to use.

Edited by Naith

Mhm... No.

How do you know it's 'broken'? That seems like an opinion opposed to a fact of being 'broken'. It also seems intentional to me, regardless of how bright it may be. Obviously working.

It's clearly a new shader added for hair, the same hair the Kubrow's happen to use.

Too late:

Jenik5i.jpg

Edited by Oranji

Too late:

Jenik5i.jpg

Still not exactly 'broken'. Just over the top in some areas. And... That still doesn't change what the OP is seeing in the Liset which still, isn't largely over the top and horribly bright. Just glossy.

Edited by Naith

Still not exactly 'broken'. Just over the top in some areas. And... That still doesn't change what the OP is seeing in the Liset which still, isn't largely over the top and horribly bright. Just glossy.

Whatever you want to call it, it isn't intended and wasn't on the patch notes. I'm just glad they know it and a possible fix is coming.

- End of discussion.

Edited by Oranji