The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Reconnect After Losing Connection To Host?

Jierrsul

Question

Is there a way to reconnect, if I randomly lose connection to the host?

It happens once in a while, espacially when I accumulated awesome rewards, which will be lost forever.

Since the infrastructure of this game is decentralised, there sure should be a way to mitigate the connection loss or be able to reconnect to an ongoing mission.

The last time this happened I asked the host. He said I was the only one to "leave" the squad, so the mission was still going and the host was ok.

6 answers to this question

If objectives have been completed then you can only reconnect automatically.  In the event of a crash you should be offered to reconnect to your squad.

ALT-F4 to quit interupts the exe and when re-starting you SHOULD be offered the reconnect option.

Have you ever tried it the moment it threw the "Connection has been lost"? Either way that seems to be an awkward way to reconnect. Why would it offer me a reconnect upon crashing but not otherwise. Guess I'll give it a try.

its just you losing connection to the server but if your in the match for longer than five minutes or five rounds depending on the type of mission your doing it wont allow you to reconnect because the match believes the objective has been completed after the given time 

That is rather unfortunate. And makes me depend on shorter games. Sad stories of potato Internet. I even named my Kubrow Potato. I don't know if its a she or he though. I make Potato die in missions to prevent my Internet from crashing. :)

Life hack: close the game and relogg immediatly. Thers a chance that a "reconnect to your previous game" window appears after you do, what allows you to reconnect to games that would be unaccessable otherwise. This option seems only to exist when your game "crashes" tho and ignores random disconnects.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108