The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Bane Of Mods, Looking At A Nearby Future.

Bloop

So, today we have been given to mods specific to factions that were primed. There are walls of salt all over the place, but this is not a topic just to go full retard about wether these mods are useless and the trader trolled us today or not.

Considering damage 3.0 is coming soon, wouldn't these mods make sense? I mean, we would have more mod slots where these mods could fit in, it is more damage as well. What do you think?

"Damage 3.0"?

Might you show us the source where you got these?

I can just think of, that Sentients will get a sort of new insert of data (codex and such), for their own invurnabilities, resistance, and weaknesses, but not another damage type or whole overhaul of the current system.

Yeah, the mods aren't as bad as everyone is making out, considering damage 3.0 is coming soon. Might be better than a 3rd 90% elemental mod in terms of damage, would like to see some people to the math. but is it worth sacrificing the status proc for it...No is the answer.

They probably could have waited to release the mods until after damage 3.0, but whatever. 

Edited by SuperAga

I dont quite get all the rage tbh, ofc they are not the best mods to get, but they are not bad either, i think on some builds that i can actually swap some damage mods for these ones. I wonder how many of the people complaining knows how these bane mods works or at least bothered to try the damage numbers.

For the people that doesnt know, the damage faction mods apply to all the damage of the weapon. To take the normal mod that is 30%, it will be a factor of 1.3 after all the damage calculations, over the serration, heavy caliber, split chamber and elemental mods and 120% events mods for slash, puncture and impact. So if you do the math there are several weapons where using these ones get better damage values against those factions.

Nothing says built diversity like faction specific damage mod that is locked behind RNG wait wall.

I can't wait to see base damage mods go, such bright customization filled future awaits us.

Edited by LocoWithGun

"Damage 3.0"?

I can just think of, that Sentients will get a sort of new insert of data (codex and such), for their own invurnabilities, resistance, and weaknesses, but not another damage type or whole overhaul of the current system.

Watch previous devstreams, they have mentioned it several times if my mind is not trolling me again.

I dont quite get all the rage tbh, ofc they are not the best mods to get, but they are not bad either, i think on some builds that i can actually swap some damage mods for these ones. I wonder how many of the people complaining knows how these bane mods works or at least bothered to try the damage numbers.

For the people that doesnt know, the damage faction mods apply to all the damage of the weapon. To take the normal mod that is 30%, it will be a factor of 1.3 after all the damage calculations, over the serration, heavy caliber, split chamber and elemental mods and 120% events mods for slash, puncture and impact. So if you do the math there are several weapons where using these ones get better damage values against those factions.

I'm not sure about this at all as I tend not to care of the maths, but if this is true then it is worth using them.

Edited by Izurisah

"Damage 3.0"?

The source? The source is that DE has been talking about overhauling multishot, weapon damage, mastery rank requirements, etc, for MONTHS. In several devstreams. That's your source.

Yeah, the mods aren't as bad as everyone is making out, considering damage 3.0 is coming soon. Might be better than a 3rd 90% elemental mod in terms of damage, would like to see some people to the math. but is it worth sacrificing the status proc for it...No is the answer.

They probably could have waited to release the mods until after damage 3.0, but whatever. 

100 damage weapon:

3 elementals gives you 360 damage.

2 elementals and a primed bane gives you 434 damage if my math is correct.

"Damage 3.0"?

He's talking about the removal/overhaul of multishot and straight damage increasing mods with no drawback.

Mods like serration and split chamber are necessary to any and every single build on every single weapons in game.

The devs aim to turn them into relevant and situational choices depending on mission/weapon instead of a free "more damage against everything".

I don't have a particular source, but they did talk about it several times on DevStreams.

I was going to make a topic for this and you beat me to it.

Speculation: The trend of recent Baro's mods (Primed Ammo Mutations, Primed Banes) do seem to lean toward the direction of changes to the current damage system. I will not be surprise to see Multi-shots consuming more ammo (Primed Ammo Mut) and some sort of basic damage mods being *reworked* by the end of 2016. 

100 damage weapon:

Yeah, i worked it out as that as well, not sure if it was that simple or not. But still not worth losing the additional status proc. 

I was going to make a topic for this and you beat me to it.

Speculation: The trend of recent Baro's mods (Primed Ammo Mutations, Primed Banes) do seem to lean toward the direction of changes to the current damage system. I will not be surprise to see Multi-shots consuming more ammo (Primed Ammo Mut) and some sort of basic damage mods being *reworked* by the end of 2016. 

How about Primed Point blank?

100 damage weapon:

Totally true, thats why i dont get why there is a lot of crying lol, tho i wonder if they gonna add one for corrupted.

Edited by Arrectius

How about Primed Point blank?

Yes, I'd argue before that I don't think damage mods will be entirely remove due to Baro constantly bringing Primed Point Blank. I think there will be a tweak to damage mods. Perhaps, Half the damage is through weapon level and the other half through mod. 

Example: Prime Point Blank (165% now)

Tweak      (80%); level 30 shotgun (85%)