The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hardest Hitting Weapon?

Camomonk

Question

Potentially Lanka.

Lanka has 525 base Electric damage, can get red crits with just a Point Strike (and full zoom), and can easily build up its combo meter. I've reached 3x damage pretty easily in several missions, which led to some serious damage.

My Sancti Tigris needs another forma but...  can get 23k slash damage if i add shredder which i never have equipped, normally has 20k slash and 19k radiation.

As a note has highest damage stats of any weapon, 1250ish, can't check wiki as at work.

Edited by Robj414

From all the builds i ever done the strongest weapons (Only mentioning those that can reach over 100k) are Tonkor, Vaykor Hek, Hek, Sacnti Tigris, TIgris, Angstrum, Kulstar, Rakta Cernos and Brakk. Vaykor Hek and Rakta Cernos can reach over 200k. By the way, weapons under 100k can be very good aswell im just showing what looks like the best on paper.

Haven't checked the snipers after the last buff but i think most of them could easily be over 100k

Also you might find this useful http://warframe-builder.com/Weapon_comparator

at the moment, that would be either Lanka, Vaykor Hek, and until it's fixed (already slated for) - Tonkor.

Can you elaborate?  I hemmed and hawed and finally decided to forma the Simulor over the Tonkor, but it was still on my list... 6 forma's a lot though, if it's getting taken down a notch I'll pass.  That firing arc is annoying, and it's compensatory nature is the only thing that makes the unwieldiness tolerable.

Potentially Lanka.

Lanka has 525 base Electric damage, can get red crits with just a Point Strike (and full zoom), and can easily build up its combo meter. I've reached 3x damage pretty easily in several missions, which led to some serious damage.

This. I've seen it hit the damage cap (2 billion) without stacking Banshee/Rhino resonances

You forgot the S. Tigris

no i didn't.

Vaykor Hek has Crits which places it in a good lead, Lanka blows pretty much anything out of the water, Tonkor is able to take advantage of an unintended facet for the time being.

unless you're suggesting Sancti Tigris can deal upwards of ~70,000 Damage per shot to compare to it's Crit weighted brother.

(psst - it can't. Sancti Tigris gets to low 60,000 with Vicious Spread so only at close range and no Weakpoints - Vaykor Hek ~70,000 without Vicious Spread and hitting Weakpoints. btw i only calculated Crit Bonus on Weakpoints for Vaykor Hek, i didn't even bother adding Headshot Multiplier)

but without Weakpoint Crits, Sancti Tigris would definitely win out.

Can you elaborate?  I hemmed and hawed and finally decided to forma the Simulor over the Tonkor, but it was still on my list... 6 forma's a lot though, if it's getting taken down a notch I'll pass.  That firing arc is annoying, and it's compensatory nature is the only thing that makes the unwieldiness tolerable.

Tonkor currently always gets Headshots, it's not supposed to.

once that's fixed it'll be very powerful but balanced.

atm it's stupid and nuts. removing automatic Headshots will divide Damage by 4 - but it'll STILL be the best Launcher in the game for single shot Damage even then.

don't worry. it's nothing to do with a balance pass, more like a bugfix. but again, it'll still deal more Damage than any other Launcher anyways, still dealing similar Damage to like, Hek w/ Scattered Justice but in an AoE.

Thanks.  I'll leave it on my list then, although it's getting really really hard to put the Synoid Simulor down for any reason at all.  

Still don't get the love for the Simulor... spamming orbs haphazardly in the general direction of enemies is seems silly to me. 

Of all the extremely high damage weapons, Rubico feels the nicest personally. It has a usable scope and being hitscan really helps nail those headshots. 

Still don't get the love for the Simulor... spamming orbs haphazardly in the general direction of enemies is seems silly to me. 

Of all the extremely high damage weapons, Rubico feels the nicest personally. It has a usable scope and being hitscan really helps nail those headshots. 

Ehn, that's one way to do it.  Or, you can find a chokepoint and make your vortex just above head height.  I thought it was silly spamming until I picked it up - the only improvement that gun could possibly get is a semi-auto/3round/5round burst toggle.  

I want to love Rubico - that sound is amazing - and scoped in it's great.  But I really think DE needs to take a page from Bungie and remove the hipfire reticle.  It's infuriating to point blank an enemy in the chest and miss because the sniper rework trashed hipfire accuracy.

If you need a weapon that reliably and quickly kills 100+ lvl enemies, synulor is there. Properly modded it just chews everything. It has fixed range, relatively short range, and damage buildup, which makes it niche weapon fit in some scenarios and on some frames. Still massive AoE, no self damage and possibly highest damage of all weapons make up for that. It has to be learned to use properly, using various tricks, I like that. 

Tonkor currently always gets Headshots, it's not supposed to.

once that's fixed it'll be very powerful but balanced.

atm it's stupid and nuts. removing automatic Headshots will divide Damage by 4 - but it'll STILL be the best Launcher in the game for single shot Damage even then.

Afaik this was patched out long time ago, cannot find sources now. if you have some sources, would love to read them.

Tonkor is not OP weapon, sorties showed us that, moreover, it's quite necessary weapon in some times and fits niche nicely. It's not easy to use, doesn't fit in all scenarios well but oh boy it hits hard. If they "repair" it, they will easily destroy it. It will go from loved and fairly often used weapon to that large pool of useless weapons that nobody uses, and forum crybabies will take part of the blame for that. 

Afaik this was patched out long time ago, cannot find sources now. if you have some sources, would love to read them.

Tonkor is not OP weapon, sorties showed us that, moreover, it's quite necessary weapon in some times and fits niche nicely. It's not easy to use, doesn't fit in all scenarios well but oh boy it hits hard. If they "repair" it, they will easily destroy it. It will go from loved and fairly often used weapon to that large pool of useless weapons that nobody uses, and forum crybabies will take part of the blame for that. 

Good guy taiiat is right. But what you mean is the patch that made it no longer COUNT headshots. It means when you kill enemies with the tonkor, they won't count as headshot kills but indeed they still do headshot DAMAGE. I hope i could clear that up.

If you need a weapon that reliably and quickly kills 100+ lvl enemies, synulor is there. Properly modded it just chews everything. It has fixed range, relatively short range, and damage buildup, which makes it niche weapon fit in some scenarios and on some frames. Still massive AoE, no self damage and possibly highest damage of all weapons make up for that. It has to be learned to use properly, using various tricks, I like that. 

Fair enough, guess I just see too many players rushing through maps spamming at the floor the entire way through.