The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critique My Chroma Build

CptShallow

Question

So I have this Chroma build that I thought for a while after having played Chroma. I plan on using him specifically for solo play so that is the reason why I went with the negative range. I went with good duration and decent strength. I also went with Vigor just to get the max out of Vex Armor and such. Steel Fiber and Vitality for survival and more armor. Went with Ice element because extra armor. And went with Prime Flow for more energy along with Prime Cont. and Narrow Minded for the extra duration. 

Let me know what I can do better and like I said this is specifically for solo play and not team play.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Chroma/t_30_3430220441_2-3-10-13-2-3-19-7-10-37-8-5-47-6-5-49-1-10-411-5-10-479-4-10-481-0-10-615-9-5_481-7-49-8-13-7-2-12-479-7-411-8-47-11-19-7-37-14-615-5_0/en/1-0-34

Edited by IHazAFace

7 answers to this question

WELL I can tell you using chroma your gonna need 2more builds

You have yes survivability if your enemy was simple.

If your fighting the Grineer your set you can live

But we have 2 factions that will still murder you

Corpus combus and Nullifiers

corrupted nullifiers

just one touch and all the stats are gone so yeah your gonna need at least 2 or 1 more build that enhances a different attribute of Chroma to allow competition against being dispelled or even limited by it

Which I am just suggesting this cause most people that use duration type chroma go using melee as their weapon and well getting anywhere near this enemy with melee is what more likely get you killed.Or loose the buf that you specialize to use

Did you check Sci_Ant's guide on EHP?  It's... exhaustive.  If you're using Primed Flow, Quick Thinking would probably be a really good matchup.  Do you have a Raksa or a Sentinel with Guardian?  If you do, you can toss Vigor, the instant shield recapping from your pet takes care of maxing Scorn for you.  Rage is definitely your friend, and with the amount of damage you can soak, Blind Rage isn't really a problem either.

What's your focus school out of curiosity?  I just did a T4S test run on my (not forma'd yet) Chroma, and aside from Shadow Stalker embarassing me, I found Shadow Step was getting in the way of my build, though it was helpful with Vor and Nullies.

I agree with Genitive, if you're trying to max your duration and aren't worried about maxing EW/VA, just use Intensify instead.

Are arcanes a planned part of your build?  To my understanding, Guardian/Grace makes Chroma practically invincible when combined with his buffs

Nullifiers are dead long before they get near Chroma. Scrambuses and Combas are really your only issue.

The build you linked has about 25k EHP (excluding the regeneration from Rejuvenation), which is a bit under half the EHP of the standard Quick Thinking Cold build (57k EHP).

If you are running Zenurik as your primary Focus, you probably don't need Primed Flow if you aren't using Quick Thinking.

I have not chosen my focus school yet because I don't really know which one to choose. I plan on using frames like Wukong and Chroma for solo gameplay. So if you guys can link me builds on what I can do better then by all means please link me some builds.

I don't remember if I customized this build any or if this is a standard build, but this is the Quick Thinking Cold build I have (57k EHP, 56.6-second duration):

- Primed Flow

- Primed Continuity

- Narrow Minded

- Streamline

- Blind Rage (5/10)

- Transient Fortitude

- Quick Thinking

- Power Drift (Exilus slot)

This is my Quick Thinking Heat build (42k EHP, 42.9-second duration) that is definitely my own custom build:

- Steel Fiber

- Armored Agility or Vitality (both give the same EHP)

- Primed Flow

- Narrow Minded

- Streamline

- Blind Rage (5/10)

- Transient Fortitude

- Quick Thinking

- Power Drift (Exilus slot)