The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy Solo Void Defense?

emc5205

Question

Bug, glitch or feature, I cannot say, but feel free to test it out yourself.

Here's the gist of it:

By using a Supra with max punch-through, you aim at the door from which you spawn while standing between the spire and the pod. When ennemies start spawning and the door opens, hold the fire button while aiming the center of the doorway until you empty your clip. The punch-through will make it so you can kill ennemies through the door.

I mean, derp, right, nothing spectacular so far...

Except that when doing this, minus 2-3 stragglers, the whole wave spawns through the center door.

Dunno why, but about 10 seconds, the map turns red, the stragglers die and wave's over.

It seems to work even in T4, although you may want empty your clip twice to clear all enemies, buff your damage or forma the nobs out of your Supra for optimal damage since your output needs to kill enemies before they reach the treeline for this to work.

Placing yourself past the treelines will cause ennemies to spawn behind you, but remaining under the bridge and within the podzone seems to be effective.

It may work with other weapons with punch-through mods, but the Supra's damage, projectile speed and magazine size and spread seems to mow down everything just about perfectly.

I can't quite explain it, but I've been able to reproduce those results in t1-4 defense solo.

1 answer to this question