The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Artemis/prowl Build?

mrwald0

Question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ivara/t_30_4322000030_5-6-5-6-4-5-8-8-5-55-5-3-57-0-5-411-3-10-479-2-10-481-1-10-615-9-5_57-8-481-7-479-7-411-8-6-11-55-9-5-9-f-f-8-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-42

I've been looking around the internet and this seems to be the best all around build from the look of things, but haven't really figured out what to put in the last slot yet.

I want to figure things out before putting in the forma.

What would you guys do to improve this build and what would you put in the last slot?

Edited by mrwald0

9 answers to this question

Quick Thinking? For Ivara? For a low armor frame? Without Vitality? Makes no sense.

Use that one instead: http://goo.gl/qGKnKb

Using it myself and it works perfect for T4 Survival, long runs.

I use something similar but use stretch instead of narrow minded to add range to 1st ability sleep and noise arrows.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

I'm no Ivara expert but I have been having fun with her so I'm following the thread.

Did you leave Fleeting Expertise at 3/5 on purpose for duration?

If so, Constitution would knock your Prowl cost per second down to almost minimum (0.26 of a possible minimum 0.25) and further aid you against knockdown. If you don't care about the duration and max Fleeting Expertise, I felt like sleep arrow needed some range help. Without stretch I found myself needing to fire multiple sleep arrows too often, even into crowds.

I'm no Ivara expert but I have been having fun with her so I'm following the thread.

Did you leave Fleeting Expertise at 3/5 on purpose for duration?

If so, Constitution would knock your Prowl cost per second down to almost minimum (0.26 of a possible minimum 0.25) and further aid you against knockdown. If you don't care about the duration and max Fleeting Expertise, I felt like sleep arrow needed some range help. Without stretch I found myself needing to fire multiple sleep arrows too often, even into crowds.

Have you ran her with out that extra duration? How is it on the mana? I wouldn't mind being able to put stretch on it, but just wanted to make it so that i could just stay in Prowl with out having to worry about mana.

So it looks like most of the builds are the same, you just have to figure out if you want to go with Quick Thinking or Redirection pretty much.

Its flexible.  As long as you are below 0.5 power per second, you can build around that depending on if you are grouped, melee or gun themed, whatever.   You don't need shields, health, knockdown, etc solo ... nothing attacks you the entire map.   You only need stuff if you plan to be hit by stray attacks on other people (or allies, if doing rep or whatever).

Ive got master thief on mine, for example, because soloing without any worry of being hit by anything ever, I have room for silly stuff.

Edit: Ive run it at .25 power per second.   With 500 power, that is 2000 seconds, which is  33 min of stealth if you just stand around doing nothing I think?   Its amazing.    The trick to managing her is knowing that each hit takes a hit on your power ... both incoming and outgoing hits.    You need to kill with each shot/swing.  

Stoopid trick:  NOISY primary weapon,  3-4 power per second regen from focus.   Fire, regen, move, auto resneak, repeat... stretches it out if you don't have the low power use and high power pool.   A digging kubrow would keep your supplied until doomsday.

Edited by jonnin

I don't like that build. All it got is efficiency ; no increased strenght or range and negative duration.

Ivara can be focused on either utility (range and duration, with a streamline) or pure strenght with Artemis and the damage multipliers (that's where Fleeting exp and/or Transient fortitude can be useful).

0Skyrim's build goes into the second direction and the result is much better than the one you mentionned, although it's quite forma-hungry.

For battle situations I have chosen utility instead, with a bit of strenght to counter the maxed range : http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ivara/t_30_4303000230_2-0-8-4-4-5-5-2-5-6-6-5-7-1-5-8-8-5-13-3-3-46-5-5-479-7-8-615-9-5_2-5-7-5-5-9-13-7-4-9-46-11-6-11-479-6-8-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-42

Have you ran her with out that extra duration? How is it on the mana? I wouldn't mind being able to put stretch on it, but just wanted to make it so that i could just stay in Prowl with out having to worry about mana.

So it looks like most of the builds are the same, you just have to figure out if you want to go with Quick Thinking or Redirection pretty much.

I didn't have much trouble with energy just running Prowl and shooting stuff. It was only when I spammed Quiver arrows or kept cancelling it and casting it again that it started to run out on me. I wasn't using QT though so I didn't care about going from maximum power down to near min between finding orbs. With QT on a Prowl build I'd probably want minimum cost so I could more easily hold on to at least 50%+ power to take a hit with, meaning Constitution for that last slot to knock it down to 0.26/sec.

Myself, I probably won't use QT if I can get away with it because I don't want to bring flow. I'm trying to keep my total mods down to save room for any neat augments that come out for her.

Edited by VKhaun

I run the following:

Aura: CP or ES depending on mission

Exilus: power drift

Mods (max unless otherwise stated):

Redirection

Fleeting expertise(one below max)

Streamline(one below max)

Primed flow

Primed continuity

Intensify

Transient Fortitude

Constitution

Theory:

Max efficiency nets a prowl of .25 energy per second. Duration on stealth arrows is sufficient to provide cover for a teammate reviving someone. 200% power strength provides significant dmg boost for Artemis while not effecting efficiency. Primed flow provides ample power reserves to spam Artemis while being drained my leeches or while using prowl.

Drawbacks:

I'd say the biggest drawback is the efficiency vs available power. I might try my max fleeting expertise, and dropping streamline for stretch to eliminate the lack of and range modifiers for the quiver arrows.

Other thoughts: I pair this combo with the Paris Prime, as my dread has slash mods. IIRC, Artemis is heavier towards puncture. Ultimately, any strong bow build should accentuate Artemus very well, and possibly a strong Lanka build. When clearing hallways I used charged shots, when murdering harder mobs (e.g. heavies, bombards, ancients) I just tap fire.