Iter. 4

MrJHTn7.jpg

Iter. 3

jetpack4.jpg

Iter. 2

jetpack2.jpg

Iter. 1

jetpack1.jpg

An early prototype for the Grineer's aerial combat enhancement. While several spontaneous combustions forced this model into obsoletion, this did not stop several trendy grineer from mass-producing it for cosmetic purposes only*.

*spontaneous combustion may still occur

Inspred by the Dargyns and the Jat Kittag. Super rough at the moment, will hopefully have a more fleshed-out concept later on.

Edited by alexmach1

Oooh, lookin good! I do have a question, however. Are those bits near the bottom going to be attached by something? I'm not sure floating bits are really a Grineer thing. Maybe attached by an accordion-like set of tubes and a metal bracer of some kind. Anyways, looks super cool so far. ^.^

Oooh, lookin good! I do have a question, however. Are those bits near the bottom going to be attached by something? I'm not sure floating bits are really a Grineer thing. Maybe attached by an accordion-like set of tubes and a metal bracer of some kind. Anyways, looks super cool so far. ^.^

On the Dargyn, those plates are attached by little "arms", although I might turn them into vents or something.

On the Dargyn, those plates are attached by little "arms", although I might turn them into vents or something.

Ah, okay, that makes more sense. I haven't actually looked too close at the Dargyns, so I didn't know that. I'm fairly excited to see how it progresses ^.^

you're my new personal hero, i love the concept, im a big fan of grineer tech and im loving this jetpack, dont forget to add the clunkyness of grineer design, also some rust and broken/repaired plates that are very caracteristic of grineer

Do not try to do special animations for it. It looks like MaaYuu's Sari Sancti Syandana isn't being put into the game because it's intended animations don't fit DE's "pipeline", apparently. So It's best not to design it for complex animations.

Do not try to do special animations for it. It looks like MaaYuu's Sari Sancti Syandana isn't being put into the game because it's intended animations don't fit DE's "pipeline", apparently. So It's best not to design it for complex animations.

I think what made them reject the Sari is the way the rigging would move, not the idea of flapping animation itself. From what I could gather in the devstream where it was mentioned, positional movement for bones had to be coded in, since bones only have rotational movement right now. Would have to verify though, maybe it was just an excuse to not do it :P

Pretty sure minor things like rotating fans and vibrating objects are allowed, but I say play it safe for now and get it into the game right away. Save the weird animations for V2 if you really want to

Edited by MaaYuu

While an animation is out of the question, DE does have a means to increase a material's intensity like the syndicate syandanas, so sprinty parkour flames might be a possibility.

Detail pass, suprisingly fun to recreate grineer aesthetic.

iaV2fY7.jpg

Edited by alexmach1

I have a question.

Do you plan on adding the symbol of the grineer somewhere on the jetpack?

Reference

55277.jpg

Not really planning to, since I'd either have to make the color scheme red or dedicate an entire tint mask for just the symbol. Since the diffuse has to be greyscale, I can't add it and have it be red without putting it on a tint mask.

Plus, there's a suprising amount of grineer stuff that lacks the grineer symbol so one more thing won't hurt. If I don't find a use for a fourth tint mask, then I'll probably add it as well as some grineer text but otherwise it's just a side thing.