Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Jetpack

alexmach1

Not sure those hexagons fit the Grineer aesthetic. I'd say just make it look like the Grineer Dargyns. Maybe you could add some camo to it as well. You definitely want it to be colorable.

If we use this as an example:

Then I'd say, make sure the blue, orange, and white parts of the jetpack are completely colorable. The dark gray part can be uncolorable, if need be.

Reference for Grineer camo:

Dargyn reference:

The hexagons will be covered up by effects I'll make later, but they're mostly there to prevent a completely black space for players who use black energy colors. Hexagons themselves can be found on various panels, tubes, and machinery that you can find all over the recent spy tilesets, but I'll replace them with lateral slits ala the jat kittag.

The camo itself was removed and I went with the dargyn's simplicity(squares and stripes), as most comments from other forums stated that it was too noisy and complex.

For the colors, here's what i have so far. Note that the color masks were overlayed on top of the diffuse rather than just the color masks themselves.

colors (View in 3D)
uM6Fc.jpg
And here's a picture showing what the black parts on the above will be, albeit with varying roughness and spec values:
jetpack14.jpg
edit: actually, knowing how Warframe handles black energy colors and effects ie Pyra Syandana, it probably won't matter what's there as it will be covered in black flames anyways.
Edited by alexmach1

it's here!

----------------------

jetpack18_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!

That looks amazing, bud. Fantastic work as usual.

And the scaling at 125% looks much more fitting for what you've built.

Thank you for considering mine and others feedback in that department. It looks perfect now :]

As for the final render, color layout/ portions you've nailed it.

I never thought I'd buy something out of the Workshop (mainly due to cost) but you have made me a believer, haha.

I will happily pay for this piece of art.

As for the weapon placement issue though... Do you the creator choose where the rigging will incoparate weapon placement? If so, why not have the weapons sit on the two armor plates near the bottom of the jets? Either parrel to each other, or in an 'X' over lay.

Good luck, but I'm sure this will make it in game easily.

WOW!!!

That looks amazing, bud. Fantastic work as usual.

And the scaling at 125% looks much more fitting for what you've built.

Thank you for considering mine and others feedback in that department. It looks perfect now :]

As for the final render, color layout/ portions you've nailed it.

I never thought I'd buy something out of the Workshop (mainly due to cost) but you have made me a believer, haha.

I will happily pay for this piece of art.

As for the weapon placement issue though... Do you the creator choose where the rigging will incoparate weapon placement? If so, why not have the weapons sit on the two armor plates near the bottom of the jets? Either parrel to each other, or in an 'X' over lay.

Good luck, but I'm sure this will make it in game easily.

The weapon placement is not based on a particular syandana. Creators don't control that.

it's here!

----------------------

jetpack18_thumb.jpg

It was inevitable.

Iter. I forgot lol

Jetpack Lowpoly (View in 3D)
pjI4h.jpg

Iter. 6

On2kWH4.jpg

Iter. 5

iaV2fY7.jpg

Iter. 4

MrJHTn7.jpg

Iter. 3

jetpack4.jpg

Iter. 2

jetpack2.jpg

Iter. 1

jetpack1.jpg

An early prototype for the Grineer's aerial combat enhancement. While several spontaneous combustions forced this model into obsoletion, this did not stop several trendy grineer from mass-producing it for cosmetic purposes only*.

*spontaneous combustion may still occur

Inspred by the Dargyns and the Jat Kittag. Super rough at the moment, will hopefully have a more fleshed-out concept later on.

You must be the angel the gods sent to answer my prayer!

Now all I have to do is beg DE to set this up in-game.

See I want this to win, however the Current batch of tennogen didn't say they were taking Syndana's into voting, just a Small selection of Frame Helms and Skins.

I wanna strap it on, but I have a feeling the rules may say no. Worst case scenario it's looked over this time and wins the next time they do vote on Player Capes.