The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exp Bug Pls Help

OnLyONe169

Question

Can someone help me? I have just got the broken war from the second dream quest, but I once I bring it to draco, it isn’t really lvling up. I brought other weapons to draco to test it out but it works, Im getting normal exp for any other weapons but my broken war just won’t lv up like others, for example, I went on draco wave 4 and my kuani went from lv1 to lv 20~  but my broken war just went from lv 12 to lv 14, is this intended or is it bugged?

16 answers to this question

while i also recommend using a Weapon to gain XP on it and Et Cetera....

XP that your Weapons accrue is divided between them, so if his Secondary gained that much XP, his Melee should have gained a lot more than it did (atleast double! if not triple).

while i also recommend using a Weapon to gain XP on it and Et Cetera....

XP that your Weapons accrue is divided between them, so if his Secondary gained that much XP, his Melee should have gained a lot more than it did (atleast double! if not triple).

That's for affinity coming from other players.

Affinity gained yourself isn't split among everything, like if he was doing nothing but making kills with his powers then all the affinity would go into his frame alone.

I suggest you read up on how affinity works and play the game normally instead.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

The fastest way to get affinity for a weapon is to kill with that weapon.

Wrong. Read the wikia that you linked. Here are the 3 reasons why you are wrong.

1. "If killed with a weapon, half goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon"

2. "Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry."

3. "...all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons"

To explain what that means, kill an enemy with your weapon and the weapon gets 50% of the affinity. Stand next to someone else who kills the same enemy, your weapon (if that weapon alone is equipped) will get 75% of the affinity. Fastest way to level a weapon is to not use it at all and let someone else kill stuff for you while you stay within 50m of him.

I wanna' test whether the weapon split works like that (changing percents based on what's there or not) or not anybody got any ideas on how to do it properly?

99.100% sure it is that way but:

if you were to... bring one Weapon, no Companion, and then play the same Mission with bringing another Weapon, and seeing if the XP the first Weapon get changes if you get about the same amount of XP (Kill the same like one or two Heavies, complete Objective, leave), Et Cetera.

99.100% sure it is that way but:

if you were to... bring one Weapon, no Companion, and then play the same Mission with bringing another Weapon, and seeing if the XP the first Weapon get changes if you get about the same amount of XP (Kill the same like one or two Heavies, complete Objective, leave), Et Cetera.

I assume deception to avoid forced kills to complete and gaining any non-kill affinity?

I assume deception to avoid forced kills to complete and gaining any non-kill affinity?

that sounds like a good choice too, yes.

i was thinking Sabotage, but forgot to actually say that.

but both of those should make for consistent results.

to not need to Polarize or search around for low Level Equipment, the primary test Weapon (or all of them involved if possible) having a Lens on it would give some numbers.

ofc with the small returns... will probably want to, as mentioned, Kill a couple Heavies (in Stealth) to get enough points to see some numbers.

well, i've done the sort now, two Weapons + Warframe...

Stealth Kills to get enough XP to definitely see a difference, but only checking in Mission progress (not that i expect end of Mission to be different but we'll see at the end!)

so from in Mission, so far we're all full of it:

zKvKI3t.png

and now the end of the Mission - i guess we're still all full of it.

jBzFUCq.png

note that what i did was complete an Exterminate Mission (since i was Leveling a Weapon atm), and not use my Melee at all.

Edited by taiiat