The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime

noobslaughter

15 answers to this question

If you are running World On Fire (the most common build)  build I recommend dropping Fleeting Expertise.

Are you sure about vitality? I usually run it if I have ways to restore health. I would rather use Redirection instead.

srry wrong build i use:

firequake

prime continuity

fleeting expertise

streamline

intensify

stretch

transient fortitude

blind rage

as exilus: cunning drift

as aura: corrosive projection

that would make 

strength 284

efficiency 125

duration 67,5

range 160

You don't need primed flow just have normal flow. Vitality is worthless replace it with overextended. Her dmg is fine in the 200%+ foes will reproc the fire dmg and panic anyways. If you want you can get the augment to makes sure enemies can't get back up with world on fire. Forma the aura slot change the polarity for CP aura. 

Edited by xxcib21xx

You don't need primed flow just have normal flow. Vitality is worthless replace it with overextended. Her dmg is fine in the 200%+ foes will reproc the fire dmg and panic anyways. If you want you can get the augment to makes sure enemies can't get back up with world on fire. Forma the aura slot change the polarity for CP aura. 

the post above your post is my build

but is it usefull to swap firequake for overextended?

(and maybe change primed continuity for narrow minded?)

srry wrong build i use:

firequake

prime continuity

fleeting expertise

streamline

intensify

stretch

transient fortitude

blind rage

that would make 

strength 284

efficiency 125

duration 67,5

srry wrong build i use:

firequake

prime continuity

fleeting expertise

streamline

intensify

stretch

transient fortitude

blind rage

that would make 

strength 284

efficiency 125

duration 67,5

range 160

the post above your post is my build

but is it usefull to swap firequake for overextended?

(and maybe change primed continuity for narrow minded?)

so this is my build and my question 

Range will keep you alive, do not use Narrow Minded. Firequake is useful once WoF damage falls off. On low levels for clearing Exterminates etc, you can just heap on Power strength and wreck everything but once they get too much HP and armour for WoF to kill them, knocking them on their &#! over and over again will keep you alive, Overextended and Stretch will CC everything before it gets close. But it also depends on what faction you're fighting, Infested can get closer and still not damage you like a Bombard would so you can drop Overextended and have more power strength vs Infested.

This build will keep you safe vs mid level Grineer and Corpus, P Continuity, Overextended, Stretch, Firequake, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude and Vitality.

Vs Infested you can drop Overextended and add Intensify to REALLY burn them. Exilus slot is whatever you like, I use Power Drift or Firewalker(lol).

Vs high level you're going to have to use cover to effectively use her, she's very squishy and even with Firequake's instant knockdown they will get some shots off and 1 shot you. Tbh you should use cover anyway, it's a good habit with a squishy frame.

Edited by Zilchy

I personally would advise against max range for a Firequake build. The target cap per blast makes it a problem. I tested a lot and i would advise against going over 190% range.

My build is:

- Corrosive Projection aura

- Power Drift exilus

Fleeting Expertise max

Streamline max

Primed Cointinuity

Transient Fortitude

Overextended

Firequake

Vitality

Rage

Tops off at 110% strenght, 190% range, max efficiency, and 67.5% duration. Works really well.

my final build:

blind rage

transient fortitude

fleeting expertise

streamline

intensify 

overextended

primed continuity

firequake

exilus: power drift

aura: corrosive projection

strength: 239

efficiency: 135

duration: 67,5

range: 190

if i use accelerant and wof ill do loads of dmg over a nice range

my final build:

blind rage

transient fortitude

fleeting expertise

streamline

intensify 

overextended

primed continuity

firequake

exilus: power drift

aura: corrosive projection

strength: 239

efficiency: 135

duration: 67,5

range: 190

if i use accelerant and wof ill do loads of dmg over a nice range

Blind range will hurt your ability to use your other skills. With that duration your Accelerant will not last long and with that efficiency you won't be able to spam it. Accelerant increases damage caused by WoF AND your weaponry (for example Atomos) by a lot and provides stun CC as well. Just something to keep in mind if you want to get the most out of Ember and not just use 1 skill. Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise, P Continuity and Transient Fortitude provides a nice balance for duration/efficiency.

Edited by Zilchy

Interesting, you dropped Stretch. Don't think I've seen any build that does that, I might give it a try.

The reason is pretty simple. Max range (250%) makes WoF have a 37.5m range. WoF though has a max number of targets it can hit per blast (iirc 3).

If you don't contain your range manually, WoF will start randomly hitting things on a really wide area and chances are it'll start not hitting things in front of you. That is lethal at higher levels.

In my testing i tried the 235% and 250% range builds. At 60min in Egeria (Ceres survival, levels around 110) the 190% build was keeping me alive no sweat, and still had enough strenght to make us of Accelerant's buff (2.75x). The 235% build had me go down some and had a pitiful Accelerant boost (1.375x) since the only mod i could drop was Transient Fortitude. I also tried dropping TF and Primed Continuity to slot Stretch and Intensify but the issues with Firequake stayed the same. The second variant was better for Accelerant (2.125x), but Firequake was still unreliable as S#&$.

The 250% build was even worse, i would strongly advise against that. On top of having a completely unreliable Firequake, you'll have a super bad Accelerant, barely better than the first 235% build (1.75x)

Personally I use neutral Range or just Stretch. If you spread your Range out too much, your WoF becomes less reliable at controlling the enemies closer to you. Also, if you don't lower your Strength with Overextended, you can easily push Strength up to 200%, at which point Firequake becomes redundant because status from WoF becomes practically guaranteed.

This is my build:

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift (exilus)

Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise R4, Streamline, Stretch

Vitality, Equilibrium

The Equilibrium is there to help keep my health topped up. Can be replaced with another defensive mod if preferred.

Sometimes I replace Stretch with another defensive mod like Redirection or Reflex Guard.

Edit: Oh, and if you're wondering why I have 80% efficiency, it's to counteract my slightly negative duration on WoF cost.

Edited by OniGanon

Ember P Build

Not to write all over again.

Personally I think reducing your range is a stupid idea. Ember needs not to get close to be effective, things just die before you see them. You have your teammates, accelerant and your weapon to concentrate fire when needed. Max range ember will always be a frame who gets most kills in any party and in any mission, even in sorties to some degree - with proper setup and CP auras.

Perhaps in limited scenarios, against certain enemy types, using melee weapon, idk, i would be willing to go with reduced range. I've played stretch +max damage ember for long time. 235% range and 135% PWR is imo superior in almost every way.