The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Big Problem While Playing (Need People With Knowledge)

Festax123

Question

Okay so this is not mainly conected to game, and game doesn't make problems but it seems i have some sort of virus which makes warframe impossible to play. It just exits my game and i lose everything. Here's whats happening

1. TheMillionaireInPjs

-Warframe just drops down ,Google chrome opens and the dude on site starts speaking, usualy takes about 1 minute to put it down and start warframe all over again.

Picture: http://prntscr.com/9nvoy9

2. Opera Self Installing

-Warframe drops down, closes, auto instalation without my permision starts installing Opera, and makes it a default browser.

-After this i usualy visit Control Panel and delete it, but it keeps installing it self again and again.

3.The "Setup Wizard" thing.

So this 1 is the hardest, it doesn't close warframe but instead, flashes my screen from warframe to desktop making it unavailable to even close and i have to restart computer.

Also what happens with this 1 is that whatever you open, Lets say you open Google Chrome it will have this text in instalation *http://prntscr.com/9nvpsu*

If warframe is open text is "Last Version for Evolution Engines, users who use Evolution etc.."

Also it doesn't let u click anything else but its window, thats why i had to take picture with phone.

4. The Invisible Instalation

This 1 just randomly starts some instalation which is unavailable to click at task bar.

Heres how it looks: http://prntscr.com/9nvqce

Heres how it looks in task manager: http://prntscr.com/9nvqgb

Takes a while to close them all

All the links are safe and taken by Lightshot.

So please if any1 knows how can i remove all this stuff, i alredy tried checking every file on my computer and deleted it, every trace of opera i deleted yet it still instals, every thing in control panel i removed that was created from date i know.Please help me out, i can't play like this.

Edited by Festax123

5 answers to this question

Boot your computer into safe mode with networking, install Malwarebytes or if you have a better preferred virus remover.  Update it.  Run it.  Have it remove all Potentially Unwanted Programs and malware. 

Restart.  

Google Adblock Plus and install extension. 

Edited by KnotOfMetal

the easiest thing to do is get you windows key, and reinstall windows again (you may / may not have your cd laying around) 

other than that reinstall all your programs that you can reinstall and check for programs that look suspicious

If warframe is open text is "Last Version for Evolution Engines, users who use Evolution etc.."

though that's the only thing we would need a screenshot of...

also, get yourself Adblock and install some Malware Program...

Edited by -.A.-Prime

It appears you unintentionally downloaded a virus along the way.

Restoring your computer to an earlier point, before your latest download that introduced the malware, should resolve your issue. If you cannot do this, any malware removal program is your best bet. I had to recently restore my laptop to an earlier date due to me stupidly using an incorrect link to download FireFox. (they bundle hidden malware with legitimate software to sneak it past your computer).

Outside of this, usually a factory restore is the only route to go, as the malware embeds itself too deeply (takes over your admin settings, etc).

Moved to Players Helping Players.

Hard to say what malware you have, but presumably it has changed also your proxy settings and installed itself to scheduled tasks and in windows registry not to mention unwanted plugins and settings in your web browser and data miners at your %appdata%. So deleting files is definitely not sufficient. The components running on the background (regarding screenshots) are probably triple checking each other: if you close one, other component restarts it.

Install a 3rd party antivirus/malware protection software to identify the threat. And rather use a program that supports Heuristic analyse methods rather than those who are depended of definition files. Malwarebytes is ok, but doesn't recognize all of them. Presumably you have to double check your computer also with other programs. And you prolly have to manually reset your browser settings. Best programs are those which can perform a scan before the operating system even starts.

If you want to do this completely manually without 3rd party antivir/malware programs, you can use Trend Micro HiJackThis which has been now moved to sourceforge (opensource) library. With it you can do an initial scan to check the BHO HKLM HKCU, services and other stuff.

You pretty much have to have a high knowledge of computers to use it properly. It has a built-in analyzer but sometimes you need online log file analyzer with proper user database -- which might help a bit:

Otherwise, easiest method would be to do as @(PS4)IIIDevoidIII wrote above. System restore, Factory restore, malware removal etc.

And yes, my comp has been infected couple times when friends were playing around and they were kinda nasty programs - multi layered malware which disguised as sound driver + 5 other addons with taskmanager killer component :)

Edited by carnaga