Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

A Zephyr Helmet (Concept/brainstorming Stage)

Hi.

Soon I'll be starting work on a Zephyr alt helmet. So far I've done a bunch of sketches. Not sure which one to go with, hence why I'm posting this now.

edit:

zbrush concept sculpt for consideration
9S90gS3.png

mbBEd33.png

Because Zephyr's helmets always had a strong profile silhouette I figured I'd start with side views and go from there.

Any feedback is appreciated. Let me know what you think!

Edited by Artarrwen

This is just my opinion as I am by no means an art expert.

But the way I see it, most of the options are kinda similar to what we already have specifically 1- 5. (Tengu, Cierzo, Locust, default)

I personally would like to see a helm that has more emphasis on the side flaps(see spoilers) and little less on the front top part.

Mxi1vun.jpg

Hi.

Soon I'll be starting work on a Zephyr alt helmet. So far I've done a bunch of sketches. Not sure which one to go with, hence why I'm posting this now.

mbBEd33.png

Because Zephyr's helmets always had a strong profile silhouette I figured I'd start with side views and go from there.

Any feedback is appreciated. Let me know what you think!

I like 2,3, and 7, good job

Ooooh boy here we go! I look forward to seeing what comes out of this.

Here are my minor opinions on each.

1. Seems rather similar to the standard helmet, albeit different shape

2. Good. Perhaps a bit simple?

3. SCREAMS Raptor to me. I personally really like this one.

4. Looks like a fusion of scorpion and locust helmets, but it does look neat.

5. Shorter version of standard?

6. Neato

7. I like this one. It feels just slightly different than other zephyr helms that it adds a unique feel.

that 2 pff  just make tha back part of the head a bit more aerodinamyc cuz the face is perfect

think the face of 2  and the back part of the head of the 5 will skyrocket in the market

Edited by venon23

I agree with the others saying it looks similar in a way to the other existing helmets.  How about you start with like the dominant color.  If you look at each helmet, there is a very dominant color present in all of them.  The default with the beige, the cierzo with the blue and the tengu with the red. How about having the dark color be the dominant this time and then look for a shape that you would associate with that color.  Dark goes well with a crow as an example.

I feel that they are all a bit too similar to what we have already. Try making silhouettes, all black. That way you can focus on the shape more since the silhouettes of these are all very similar to eachother and/or preexisting helmet designs.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

alrighty

only consensus I see here is that #1 and #6 are the least popular ones and all of the designs are too similar to S#&$

I tried concepting straight in zbrush and, bearing in mind the criticisms, ended up with... something.

yaaaay

9S90gS3.png

..yay?

Edited by Artarrwen

alrighty

only consensus I see here is that #1 and #6 are the least popular ones and all of the designs are too similar to S#&$

I tried concepting straight in zbrush and that's what I came up with, bearing in mind the criticisms, ended up with... something.

yaaaay

9S90gS3.png

..yay?

Omfg that looks fantastic, also is this for steam? Edited by (PS4)abb12355

alrighty

I tried concepting straight in zbrush and that's what I came up with, bearing in mind the criticisms, ended up with... something.

yaaaay

9S90gS3.png

..yay?

Ooh, that's quite nice. I'm torn between liking the simplicity of it and adding something else to make it special. Otherwise, it's different enough from her other helmets but still fits her look. I like it.