Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Feedback (Qol Change)

Sar.K.Asmus

Don't be afraid it is not a nerf thread. I don't want a change to her abilities, i like them all.

It's about how the player has to select the arrows from quiver and shoot them.

At the moment you have to cycle through her arrows clockwise by pressing 1 and after you selected the arrow you want to use you have to hold 1. My problem is that i need 3 or 4 seconds to use this ability in worst case. Lets say i want to use sleep arrow and my selected arrow is cloak arrow, then i have to press 1 three times and then hold 1, it just needs to much time. And if you press 1 accidently to often, you have to cycle through all the arrows again (this is not happening very often but still happens) and you need about 6 or 7 seconds to use this ability.

In a stealth mission it doesn't really matter because you don't want to rush through it, but in a non stealth mission it does matter. Lets say you are in a survival with other tennos, one of your teammates is down and another one tries to revive him, in this moment you want to use a cloak arrow to help them but if u need about 3 seconds to use it they may die.

My suggestion is to change how you have to select the arrows and use them. I would suggest that you have to hold 1 and then press 2,3,4 or 5 to use the arrow you need at the moment.

Lets say 2 for cloak arrow, 3 for dashwire arrow, 4 for noise arrow and 5 for sleep arrow.

That means if you want to use cloak arrow you just have to hold 1 + press 2, for dashwire arrow hold 1 + press 3 etc.

Please tell me if you would appreciate this change or if you like how it is now or if you have another suggestion for it.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Seems like this change is not good for consoles.

Edited by The-Tective

I got the #1 Quiver key remapped to the side mouse button under my thumb and 1 - 5 are shortcuts to Gear Wheel items. Your suggestion would be a big digression for me, even though I'd welcome a quicker way of selecting a given arrow.

For quicker access and less mistakes I usually make sure the Sleep arrow is selected. Then, if I have to use Invisible in a pinch it's only one click away.

while this sounds mildly fine for PC stealth, i don't see it being as good a setup if you like to play Ivara in combat missions.

and how does this translate over to controller? there should be some mechanical parity between both PC and PS4 and XB1.

while this sounds mildly fine for PC stealth, i don't see it being as good a setup if you like to play Ivara in combat missions.

and how does this translate over to controller? there should be some mechanical parity between both PC and PS4 and XB1.

For consoles:

- 1 is the button for the first warframe ability

- 2 is the button for the second warframe ability

- 3 is the button for the third warframe ability

- 4 is the button for the fourth warframe ability

- 5 is the button for the new focus ability

For consoles:

- 1 is the button for the first warframe ability

- 2 is the button for the second warframe ability

- 3 is the button for the third warframe ability

- 4 is the button for the fourth warframe ability

- 5 is the button for the new focus ability

this isnt how consoles work unfortunately, and i didnt know till answering this.

quoting the official guide for PS4..

The touchpad allows you to use your Warframe's abilities. Swipe Up to cast your first ability, Down for your second, Left for your third, and Right for your ultimate ability.

and XB1 needs to do some slight finger magic of using the Dpad to choose abilities while moving and pressing left bumper to cast.

so i cant fully recommend your QoL fix until it takes into account the consoles and what they have to do to use their abilities.

Edited by koopagon

this isnt how consoles work unfortunately, and i didnt know till answering this.

quoting the official guide for PS4..

and XB1 needs to do some slight finger magic of using the Dpad to choose abilities while moving and pressing left bumper to cast.

so i cant fully recommend your QoL fix until it takes into account the consoles and what they have to do to use their abilities.

Oh thank you, i didn't know that.