The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Maxed Weapons

Elarionus

Question

So, I already have the Orthos Prime, and it's VERY decked out...everything on it is maxed, the forma are all done, and the catalyst is installed...However, I found that I ALSO enjoy the Broken War sword. I put one forma on it, then started questioning, why should I spend forma on a weapon when I already have a perfectly good one? I just wanted to hear your guys' reasoning as to why it might be beneficial to have multiple weapons like this...thanks!

6 answers to this question

I'm guessing you are new here. I have about 18 primaries, 15 secondaries, and 15 melee weapons. All are tater-ed, maxed, and forma-ed. Having a variety of powerful weapons at your disposal is good and you should strive for that. Some weapons are objectively better than others. And some weapons satisfy different roles better than others. Some are worth keeping, some are not. Broken War is very, very good, potentially the best one handed melee in the game. Keep that, forma if you like it.

as a player that has almost all weapons frames etc.. I can tell you straight up that none of the weapons can replace orthos p once you have get accustomed to its strengths and effectiveness  and ranged attacks.

most other power weapon or crit weapons (melee) lack one or 2 of the total package when it comes to melee some comes close but you'll always go back to whats proven in reliability whether high or low.

now with broken war vs orthos p its a no brainer, range will be the deciding factor. however if youre a speed type player or an Excalibur EB spammer type then broken war will be ideal.

broken war fits frames with speed like volt nezha mirage loki and rhino etc  but for a total package melee orthos p sits in the kings throne after all this time.

as a player that has almost all weapons frames etc.. I can tell you straight up that none of the weapons can replace orthos p once you have get accustomed to its strengths and effectiveness  and ranged attacks.

most other power weapon or crit weapons (melee) lack one or 2 of the total package when it comes to melee some comes close but you'll always go back to whats proven in reliability whether high or low.

now with broken war vs orthos p its a no brainer, range will be the deciding factor. however if youre a speed type player or an Excalibur EB spammer type then broken war will be ideal.

broken war fits frames with speed like volt nezha mirage loki and rhino etc  but for a total package melee orthos p sits in the kings throne after all this time.

Mios has it all for the cost of slightly less consistent ranged attack with the whip (but man, performing finishers mid air is hilarious with this thing).

As far a melee weapons go I do not have a lot that I have put in the purtarders, formas and what not, but the ones that I have are the ones
I enjoy.  From memory have, orthos prime, Scindo Prime, broken war, war, mios, jat kittag.  Personally I would not invest heavily in 2 weapons that are very similar.

Still Scindo rules as my fav weapon that I will gladly take into any mission.