The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Vs Broken War

bjorndadwarf

Question

So the Stalker dropped War for me finally!  And then I realized the recursive nature of building War and Broken War (that it doesn't matter if he drops the Broken War blueprint as well). 

So for people who have used both, is it worth crafting right now or better to wait until there's another way to get War?  I really like Broken War and it's become the standard melee for a couple of my 'frames.  Plus it had a free catalyst already, which doesn't hurt. 

I might be willing to consider buying Hunhow's Gift if War is neat enough to save Broken War.  I've just gotten into finally decorating all my frames and could use some more armor pieces to mix things up.  But that would be a pretty steep purchase right now. 

10 answers to this question

buy the hunhows gift pack if you can aford it. Broken war is a rly good weapon as well as War it's nearly inposible to chosse (at least I was unable to)

its rlly a case of what you like the most:

broken war (faster speed but less range and dmg(not lesser dps i think around the same))

war (slower but with more range and dmg(the same applied here))

i like war because it looks sick and like a medieval version of the lightsaber (very awesome) and i just like the weapon its rlly good

i bought hunhow gift cuz i want em both they are both together the best melee weapon in the game (in my opinion)

Edited by noobslaughter

Both War and Broken-War are THE strongest weapons in their respective classes. seeing as it's impossible (currently) to have both without buying the Hunhow pack, I went and bought the pack personally. the armour sets, War, and the Scimitar Skin were worth it for me. though I had plat to burn.

If you don't plan to buy the Hunhow pack, use the weapon that you're most comfortable with. if you prefer Heavy Blades, use War. if you prefer Longswords, use Broken-War. though keep in mind you'll LOSE the potato if you craft it into War

its rlly a case of what you like the most:

broken war (faster speed but less range and dmg(not lesser dps i think around the same))

war (slower but with more range and dmg(the same applied here))

i like war because it looks sick and like a medieval version of the lightsaber (very awesome) and i just like the weapon its rlly good

i bought hunhow gift cuz i want em both they are both together the best melee weapon in the game (in my opinion)

Dude, broken war has crimson dervish. The damage is actually supperior on the higher attack speed.

War has access to tempo royal tho, what makes it a unrivaled utility weapon.

It really depends on if you need the additional CC or not.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

As they are both pretty good I suggest you just go with the one that looks best to you.

Personally, I dont really like the broken war, because Im not really amazed by the stances for normal long-swords.

Also buying the hohow bundle isnt a bad idea eigter, because of all the neat cosmetics^^

Edited by Dawn11715