The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Rly Rly Rly Annoying

-Bv-prime

Question

You really expect an Intel 4000hd to actually work? Intel integrated graphics never worked right for me. The laptop you have was probably made for web surfing and movie watching so don't try playing games on it. It's not going to work if they are using DX10 or above.

A 4th Gen Intel Core i3 and Intel 4000HD Graphics are not meant for gaming, and they don't meet the minimum system requirements for the game to run properly.

If you're experiencing graphical artifacts even after making sure that your Intel 4000HD drivers are updated, that your DirectX binaries are also updated, and that your Warframe files are validated through the launcher, then there's nothing that can be done; it's your computer's way of telling you that it really was not meant to run 3D intensive games like Warframe.

To run Warframe properly, you will need to get a PC that meets the minimum system requirements. I highly recommend getting one with a dedicated Nvidia or AMD GPU.

I play on an Intel HD 5000 all the time and have none of these problems. AFAIK the 5K isn't architecturally different from the 4K -- just slower -- and over 2000 different people played Warframe on Intel HD 4000's today. It's possible that your problem is local? Drivers? If 2000 people were all horribly broken I'd expect a lot more noise about it on the forums.

To dispel this idea of 'you cant play on that computer', I play on a laptop with Intel HD 4000 daily, on an i5 3337u. I still get 45+ FPS in mission. If you're wondering how, the trick is to stop using HD 4000. :)

Here's my suggestion: Use multithreaded rendering, set to DirectX 10, NOT 11. Check Letter13's thread on core parking and unpark your cores. Finally, in your power settings, turn active cooling on, set your minimum processor to 65%.

Wish I had a better laptop, but I had to cut costs somewhere. For now, it's over 30 FPS without dedicated graphics, so I'm happy.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

To dispel this idea of 'you cant play on that computer', I play on a laptop with Intel HD 4000 daily, on an i5 3337u. I still get 45+ FPS in mission. If you're wondering how, the trick is to stop using HD 4000. :)

Here's my suggestion: Use multithreaded rendering, set to DirectX 10, NOT 11. Check Letter13's thread on core parking and unpark your cores. Finally, in your power settings, turn active cooling on, set your minimum processor to 65%.

Wish I had a better laptop, but I had to cut costs somewhere. For now, it's over 30 FPS without dedicated graphics, so I'm happy.

Unparking the cores helps out so much even on my newer laptop and my wifes brandnew as of last june. 

ok so im on laptop ok.. it has a 4th gen core 13 and intell 4000hd graphics ok.. so the setings r on low ok...on direct x ok.. ant theres this squares of colour like every where even the snowman is bged plz help even draco has this

Honestly sounds like your graphics card might be bricked... Are all your other games working?

I play on an Intel HD 5000 all the time and have none of these problems. AFAIK the 5K isn't architecturally different from the 4K -- just slower -- and over 2000 different people played Warframe on Intel HD 4000's today. It's possible that your problem is local? Drivers? If 2000 people were all horribly broken I'd expect a lot more noise about it on the forums.

Intel 5000 HD has a 21% increase in 3DMark06 scores over the Intel 4000 and a 64% increase in 3DMark11, though the actual performance increase the 5000 HD has varies from game to game. Also, Intel HD graphics are affected by CPU performance; that is to say that an Intel HD 4000 accompanying an i7 would perform better than one accompanying an i5 or i3, and its clock speeds will depend on what model of CPU is being used, as well as whether it's a laptop or desktop processor; I can tell you right now that my Desktop's i7 with its HD 4000 is able to put out higher performance than my Laptop's i5 with its HD 4000 (when I have my Nvidia 640M GT disabled).

Assuming Xripper has verified their game files, turned off the advanced settings in the launcher, made sure their drivers and DirectX software is in order... only other thing I could think of would be a hardware issue, namely that the Intel HD 4000 is running at a lower clock speed due to processor model, is assigned less shared memory (which might cause texture issues among other things), or something that's not allowing it to perform at a level that can run Warframe properly...

From what I can gather, the cpu is an i3, which is very different from an i5 or i7.

Plus, intergrated graphics rely on system ram, since there is no form of dedicated graphics on board.

So essentially, if the ram is sub par, say 4 gigs of ram, and is an i3 running at 2.0 ghz.....

Laptop will never be able to run warframe properly. It is a hardware problem and not software problem.

Intel 5000 HD has a 21% increase in 3DMark06 scores over the Intel 4000 and a 64% increase in 3DMark11, though the actual performance increase the 5000 HD has varies from game to game. Also, Intel HD graphics are affected by CPU performance; that is to say that an Intel HD 4000 accompanying an i7 would perform better than one accompanying an i5 or i3, and its clock speeds will depend on what model of CPU is being used, as well as whether it's a laptop or desktop processor; I can tell you right now that my Desktop's i7 with its HD 4000 is able to put out higher performance than my Laptop's i5 with its HD 4000 (when I have my Nvidia 640M GT disabled).

Assuming Xripper has verified their game files, turned off the advanced settings in the launcher, made sure their drivers and DirectX software is in order... only other thing I could think of would be a hardware issue, namely that the Intel HD 4000 is running at a lower clock speed due to processor model, is assigned less shared memory (which might cause texture issues among other things), or something that's not allowing it to perform at a level that can run Warframe properly...

this ^

I've been playing warframe for the past two years on my laptop with an i5 processor and hd4000 graphics, running on medium low settings.  Runs great.  definitely seems like a hardware issue - typically grains within the picture are due to some sort of hardware or incompatibility, forcing the pc to do more work than it should.  Of course since he's got a laptop, he may just have to upgrade to an entirely new pc, considering graphics cards can't be swapped out on them.

Also noticed he's using an i3.  that coupled with the intel graphics is going to be absolutely worthless for gaming.  

Edited by Firefly0037