The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About The Game Meta And Retired Mods

(PSN)FaintAffiliate

Question

I'm not quite sure where to start with this maybe I'm just hoping to get some player feedback on a tactical approach I have missed.

I gave Warframe a good look into around 2 years back but got sidetracked with other MMO titles.

After picking it back up a few months back and thoroughly enjoying all the new content, changes and huge arsenal of equipment now at the player disposal I've been completely hooked.

However after hitting some of the high area's of the game some of my Builds started to suffer, particularly when I've been invited to various Sorties or Raids.

Looking to fill the gaps in my knowledge to see why my clan mates could breeze through this content and why I'm spending more time cleaning the floor with my backside, I took to looking up builds online.

The wall I hit was to find that people were mentioning required mods that not only hadn't I seen before but are also either Retired from the game or on "temporary retirement" till Baro Ki'teer decides to cough them up.

Now I'm all for a game having a power progression system and its one of the elements I enjoy in many of the titles I play. However this is the first time I have had progression stumped just because to be of use in said content I need access to something that isn't in the game currently, unless I fork over an obscene amount of Plat to some little snot just because I came to the game late. 

Surely the games Meta can't seriously revolve around having access to these things. I'm all for you being able to show off some awesome skin for your character or equipment because you've been playing longer. 
But when I can't pick up a bomb just because "I don't have primed flow" or i'm being carried because I wasn't here for said event to have 120% additional damage on top of PrimedZ mod+base damage mods, something needs to be looked at.

So... Mini rant over to the questions. Untill all you other players got ahold of these "uber" mods lets say, which the list of seems to be growing increasing the rotation time of the one's us new players have missed. What are some of the better set ups out there which don't require them?

Just to clear up a few things, yes I have most of the base mods maxed with a few like Vitality/Redirection sitting at rank 9, I have most of the double effect mods from Nightmare etc with Rime Rounds still eluding me

I hear talk everywhere that its all about preference however when I look deeper into this that's because said person has loaded a huge amount of forma into the gear to load it with as many "uber" mods as possible to bring it up to the level.
In the mean time I'll stick to using highly tactile play with Ivara and my trusty Rakata Cernos feeling like I'm firing paper arrows while watching Vet clan members next to One Bomb everything hehheh :P

1 answer to this question

No content requires those Uber mods. Just use non-primed versions.

Some specific builds may not work as well without Primed Continuity because of how commonly that's used in conjunction with Fleeting Expertise. Primed Flow is very useful for sorties that reduce max power, but I wouldn't say it's required.

EDIT--

Primed Point Blank might be required to use most shotguns in end game content. That one does grind my gears... IMO regular Point Blank should just go to ten ranks like Serration. If a sortie said "Shotguns Only" and I didn't have Primed Point Blank I'd probably skip that day. :P

Edited by VKhaun