The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Advice On Chroma!

Vitaumd

Question

Hey there!

I got chroma and have been enjoying her, and even though when I bought her I had expectations of using all his abilities, I am fine that 1 doesnt do much (though if there are uses please enlighten me)

Effigy on the other hand seems more useful, but when should I be using it? Decreasing my armor makes it hard to use at more dangerous times, while its safer, well, its safe xD

Should I use as a clearing tool?

11 answers to this question

Anyways his 1st skill is anti CC so when you feel your about to be hook shot by grineer or moa stomp throw it out their for moment and you should not be move.

Effigy your timing with it should not matter as long as your not being overwhelmed by enemy on all side effigy when spawn the 1st following power it will use will be the stun scream. But the best moment are when you need to revive someone I throw it out when I see it stun I begin to revive.

But if it helps when you know your screwed use it anyways you have better chance of surviving because of the CC that it will provide.

As for clearing tool no is range is to small to work..But as for interception or defense objective when the enemy comes to you is when it helps.

As for high level content or enemy unless your mobile type player this power will not give you any help in high tier content...BUT if your mobile player then yes it can help.

I have used my Chroma in sorti Survival/Defense/Mobile defense/Interception/Excavation. so far so good.

JUst make sure you use the right colors for the right enemy. 

Like Trichoette said, the best uses for Effigy are for the aoe stun effect, and periodically when you want to move faster for meleeing or whatever, as while it cuts your armor, it also boosts your speed when you take off your pelt.  The big thing is boosting duration for your 2 and 3 abilities, increasing both durability and damage, I personally tend to run with either a frost or fire Chroma with a focus on melee/life strike channeling.

Even though I know he's a guy a she always slips as my other frames aren't.

So you only use it for the cc then deactivate it? Because in some way you will be investing on power strenght right?

Yeah, but most of your damage is going to come from using Vex Armor and your weapons.  Think less from raw damage with powers, more from augmenting your damage with guns and melee.  Power strength is still important for that, but you don't need colossal amounts of strength to take good advantage of Vex Armor.

Edited by Gelkor

Go duration and a bit of strength with white colors (ice elemental). Makes your 2 and 3 have synergy and make you stronger. Maybe the most common chroma build out there.

Go efficiency, strength, range, and minimum duration with red hues (fire elemental). Makes your 2 into a healing skill, of a sort. Not recommended for high level play unless you are a pro on chroma and your team agrees to it.

I've also heard that blue hues (electric elemental) with duration and some strength work well as well, but I personally have not tried that one yet.

Just my 2c

This should help you, you may need forma for this (This is a solo build for high level void missions)

GikZPUV.jpg

I go for Ice Chroma Tank build with More Power Strength and duration. Rejuvenation for the heals while they do barely any damage to me with my insane armor value.

I use a build with a little more range for team play for stunning with his ult and reviving.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

So you only use it for the cc then deactivate it? Because in some way you will be investing on power strenght right?

I NEVER use the first ability. Why ? Because i play with constitution & handspring. If i get hooked / knocked down, i recover faster than the animation of the enemy who knocked me down.

Knock down > 0.2 sec > standing.

No use to waste my energy on such a useless ability.