The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Direction

(PSN)Appauling83

Question

I've been playing a few weeks. I have Mag Prime and Rhino Prime, just built Orthos Prime, Paris Prime. I've added a potato to each frame.

I figure get a prime secondary weapon, then focus on mods. Which should I be looking for?

I have flow, intensify, continuity, and armored agility and metal auger rares.

Also, what 3rd Warframe should I look at to complement the others?

3 answers to this question

Secondary:

Prime = Lex Prime (handheld sniper) or Ak/Bronco Prime (handcannon)

Non-Prime = Vaykor Marelok, Brakk

Mods to look for:

- Corrupted mods, specifically narrow-minded, fleeting expertise, blind rage, transient fortitude, and overextended. Get these in vaults found in orokin derelict tilesets

- Quick thinking, IIRC from Corrupted ancients. Alas how rare these drop.

- Primed mods (continuity, flow), check baro ki' teer every 2 weeks in the relays.

- Nightmare mods (lethal torrent and vigor), finish nightmare missions for these.

- Max staple mods (vitality, redirection, steel fiber, hornet strike, serration)

3rd warframe = Loki/Prime or Valkyr

Edited by p3z1

What p3z1 said.

All other Frames which already got their Prime version are also good bets aside from Volt. (Which isn't necessarily a bad frame either, just a bit lacking.)

As for the others, Vauban and Mirage are great bets. (Limbo too, but you should leave him after those if you don't solo much, since he's not very team-friendly)

Edited by -Cen.Silver-

something to do:

clear a low level planet entirely.   This opens up nightmare missions.  Rhino with ironskin can pretty much walk through these and collect the mods.  Repeat 50 times until you have them all.  

secondary weapon: 

its a choice.   You can get something like your primary, so if you run outta ammo, the transition is seamless.   You can get something totally different.  

for example, if your primary is a sniper rifle, and you get surrounded by angry corpus,  you can flip to your full auto pistols and clear them out before going back to sniping.    Or, if your primary is your 40+ rounds/second galaxion,  when (not if) you run out of ammo, swap to your backup full auto twin grattakas or whatever.   Or if your primary is a rifle, use a shotgun pistol, or reverse that idea.   Or use angstrum, because you want an aoe capability.  And so on.

there are tons of good secondary weapons.    The faction ratka ballisica or however its spelled is a combo burst gun / sniper and its silent to boot, really good pick.   THe dual cestras from the other faction are full autos with good puncture, also very effective.  

Try out some non prime frames and get your mastery rank up.  Go to the dojo and try out volt, or banshee,  or clear earth to get a hydroid (great for farming materials to build stuff, but youll need to earn/buy the faction mod to get double loot from him).  Etc...  my advice is to stop buying prime stuff for a bit and focus on getting your mods in hand and ranked up and a feel for what you like to use.