Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Warframe Suggestions.

Gerostalis

I love the look and general idea of this warframe, but having played a few other warframes volts seems to be lacking a bit IMO.

A few simple fixes that I think would help the warframe out

1. Shock sucks. I'm sorry it does, it only stuns a very few weak enemies AND the damage in incredibly low even at max level. It normally only hits one target as well, so it's not even good for a bit of aoe damage. It needs to either have the damage buffed to be a pure damage ability with a small aoe effect OR don't buff the damage but have the stun work on ALL enemies for a nice single target CC. As it is the ability is pretty much useless against anything level 15+.

2. I would like to see speed also increases melee speed for the duration so it has some offensive power. Other than that it seems pretty good. It can be used to get around defence missions quickly, get to downed players, make huge leaps and a bunch of other useful things. 

3. Electric shield. The only thing I would change about that it I would like it to block all projectiles, and I would like it to be a bit larger. I think that would make the shield  more effective at protecting your teammates as well as yourself. Right now the shield is really only effective at defending yourself unless your whole team is stacked right on top of you.... 

Thanks for reading guys. 

Shock is a level one skill most of the level one skills are less useful later on it's about how you use them.

Changing how speed works would likely cause them to have to account for mods that boost melee speed as well as weapon speed...

The issue with the shield is more will my shots go through?  If you have a group shield the skill will be overly used or called op by some anyway.

Yes I have a Volt.

I agree with the OP, Volt has been a Warframe that needs more diversity. I currently see him as a Warframe where he is only useful against Corpus, because of the Overload. I can understand his theme of electricity, but his Warframe Powers seem to be too minimal when its come to output, such as Shock or his Speed, or even his Electric Shield. I wish they could've done more with Speed, right now its just fun to use, but I wouldve liked some type of combat benefit.

Maybe some type of boost to attack speed when using Speed, similar to Ash's Smoke Screen where his melee damage increases.

A shield that blocks all projectiles and protects ur whole team...i think you mean frost

Well I was just kinda hoping it would at least be big enough to shield a few members without everyone stacking on top of each other. I would still want friendly projectiles to go through it.

My main warframe is a Volt.  I have forma'd it twice and I love the frame, but here are the things I'd like to see for the abilities:

1. Shock: This should be a low damage chain lightning to stagger/CC a low number of targets (it would be funny if you could use it on a terminal to instantly lock or unlock doors; lol).

2. Speed: This skill is fun to use but not very practical when fighting.  I think it would be cool to see it increase the speed of certain actions (melee attack, charged melee attack, and gun reload)

3. Shield: First, it needs to be fixed.  Often times you cannot shoot through it and when making the shield it sometimes forms behind you in a wall or something.  Second, make it slightly larger and have it shock/CC enemies that get too close to it.

4: Overload: This skill probably doesn't need a change.  However, Saryn's ultimate seems identical in functionality to Overload (large AOE, lots of damage, slight stun and extra damage to robots; why the heck would poison do MORE damage to a robot??)

Thats my 2 cents.

Before I reset my acct Volt was my highest level frame after playing several other frames and getting my platinum back I can't even justify spending 75 plat on Volt . . . and that's sad.

To me he's just really underwhelming right now. Shock needs to arc to other targets as you increase the level. Speed needs to have a melee component or make you do damage/stun as you pass near enemies. Shield is TOO SMALL. His ult is ok but very generic.

/rant

My main warframe is a Volt.  I have forma'd it twice and I love the frame, but here are the things I'd like to see for the abilities:

1. Shock: This should be a low damage chain lightning to stagger/CC a low number of targets (it would be funny if you could use it on a terminal to instantly lock or unlock doors; lol).

I like that a lot ^^

The only usefull skill is overload, others are just useless, and that's sad =(

Could they at least make that stupid shield, a little globe around volt?

And yeah Shock sucks, and that speed that consumes stamina...

Edited by cuzquitow

2. Speed: This skill is fun to use but not very practical when fighting.  I think it would be cool to see it increase the speed of certain actions (melee attack, charged melee attack, and gun reload)

3. Shield: First, it needs to be fixed.  Often times you cannot shoot through it and when making the shield it sometimes forms behind you in a wall or something.  Second, make it slightly larger and have it shock/CC enemies that get too close to it.

4: Overload: This skill probably doesn't need a change.  However, Saryn's ultimate seems identical in functionality to Overload (large AOE, lots of damage, slight stun and extra damage to robots; why the heck would poison do MORE damage to a robot??)

Thats my 2 cents.

Because robots are made of metal plating (outside) and what evidently does more damage to metal, electricity or corrosion acid? Acid of course. What Volt has though is a better range in his ultimate but the problem is it takes a slight time and you can die while doing the ultimate as well as it is useless against one faction, just like Loki has. How to balance? I will not suggest anything about it, I suck terribad at coming up solutions in order to balance things out.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Because robots are made of metal plating (outside) and what evidently does more damage to metal, electricity or corrosion acid? Acid of course. What Volt has though is a better range in his ultimate but the problem is it takes a slight time and you can die while doing the ultimate as well as it is useless against one faction, just like Loki has. How to balance? I will not suggest anything about it, I suck terribad at coming up solutions in order to balance things out.

Yep, I fully understand where you are coming from.  I mentioned Saryn's abilities because they all make me think of poison and disease rather than acid and corrosion.  Popular culture and fantasy genres will often lump the two things together even though they aren't really the same.

The whole issue I see and was trying to point out is this:

electricity does extra damage to machines, basic damage to normal mobs, and no damage to ancients.

poison does extra damage to machines, basic damage to normal mobs (plus ignores shields and armor), and still does damage to ancients too.

(obviously this is an over-simplification of the system)

This makes Volt very niche, and hard to figure out what he is best suited for. It seems like a balance flaw, but I am most likely no better at solving balancing issues than anyone else here.