The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Excalibur Build Look Good?

cheukyi6

Question

NTqLC6z.jpg

This build focuses on survivability and maxing out efficiency so that I can always keep Exalted Blade up, with decent Radial Blind range and duration (10 secs) so that I can use channeling finisher on heavy to regain some health together with Lifestrike on melee weapon. Does this look good?

8 answers to this question

Drop primed flow the base energy is more than enough with rage, and really if you use exalted blade you can do a lot more damage just with radial blind with the augment and no power strength mods. Go for more duration and more range its better for endgame.

2016_01_10_00001.jpg

Edited by Aratir

NTqLC6z.jpg

This build focuses on survivability and maxing out efficiency so that I can always keep Exalted Blade up, with decent Radial Blind range and duration (10 secs) so that I can use channeling finisher on heavy to regain some health together with Lifestrike on melee weapon. Does this look good?

I really don't understand some of the responses here.

Ditch Energy Siphon. If you're running Zenurik or Rage, your Energy pool will be fine pretty much all the time. but for the love of all things, DON'T put in Rejuvenation. Steel Charge increases all Melee Damage, including Exalted Blade by 60%. The second choice for your Aura would be Corrosive Projection, which is insanely useful as enemy armor increases. This is argued against due to RB for Finishers, but if you're running 3-4 in a party, it helps everything else out, so it's really up to you. Either way, Energy Siphon and Rejuv are terrible choices, mainly due to Zenurik, Rage, and Life Strike. 

I've found that Steel Fiber isn't that terribly useful without Quick Thinking, since it adds to the total Energy -> Health conversion efficiency, but otherwise, it's really just a wasted slot. You're still going to take damage, you're still going to Blind enemies, and you're still going to Life Strike your health back.

So preferably swap Steel Fiber for Stretch. The 145% Range is really useful, and adds ~15m to your Radial Blind, so that's almost double your base range. It also buffs your Exalted Blade's Slide-Blind attack by ~5m, which is useful in tight situations.

Try to use a Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise. With a R3 Fleeting Expertise and R5 Streamline, you reach 170% Efficiency, which is 5% below the cap, but you save yourself 20% Duration, which with a maxed out Primed Continuity, should bring you to 95% with a R9 Transient Fortitude. You wouldn't want to go to Rank 10 with TF, because it rounds weird and you end up losing more Duration than you should, and it'd end up saving your a few cores for something else worth maxing out. Since you've already maxed it out, then that's fine. With the aforementioned setup, you should still reach 92% Duration.

Edit: I like Aratir's buid quite a bit. Running the Radial Blind augment completely circumvents the need for Power Strength, unless you're build for Radial Dash for quick / annoying kills. Either way, it's a pretty good alternative to drop TF for that. Still wouldn't run Steel Fiber though. I'd drop for Flow or something else.

Regarding Primed Flow, it's really up to you whether to keep it or not. It's very useful, and I like having the extra energy to spam things, even with 170% Efficiency, but if you become comfortable enough with not having it, then that's entirely your perogative if you want to replace it with something else. 

Keep Handspring. In higher level content, the only time you should be dying is if you get knocked down, and Handspring almost entirely negates that issue. Power Drift is another viable option, but like I said, it's entirely up to you and your playstyle.

All in all, good build. Needs a little tweaking, but it should work fine.

Edited by (XB1)Austinjt126

Replace energy siphon for rejuvenation. Handspring for Caocting Drift. This will go well with rage mod. You won't believe how fast you get your health back. Just play test with my suggestion, if you like it

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's really a waste of 2 precious slots. I'm not saying you can't do this, but it doesn't make much sense to do so.

Coaction Drift buffs your aura by 15%, which is fine if your Aura adds a large amount, like Steel Charge. Steel Charge would be increased from 60% to ~69%, which is a noticeable difference when using Melees or Exalted Blade, but adding 15% to 3 HPS (Health per Second), changes your total HPS to 3.45 HPS, which is barely a buff. 

You'd be far better off throwing a R1 Life Strike (for Channeling Builds) or a R3 Life Strike on your Melee and channeling with Exalted Blade or your equipped Melee.

You'd save your precious Aura slot and Exilus slot with a single mod on your Melee.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's really a waste of 2 precious slots. I'm not saying you can't do this, but it doesn't make much sense to do so.

Coaction Drift buffs your aura by 15%, which is fine if your Aura adds a large amount, like Steel Charge. Steel Charge would be increased from 60% to ~69%, which is a noticeable difference when using Melees or Exalted Blade, but adding 15% to 3 HPS (Health per Second), changes your total HPS to 3.45 HPS, which is barely a buff.

You'd be far better off throwing a R1 Life Strike (for Channeling Builds) or a R3 Life Strike on your Melee and channeling with Exalted Blade or your equipped Melee.

You'd save your precious Aura slot and Exilus slot with a single mod on your Melee.

Well, builds are personal. 3.45 health per second is useful for me on my Chroma :V Then again its preference.

Edit: If Rage gives you energy on lost of health. Also have high steel fiber with vitality wouldnt that give some energy.

This how I usually run; Rage > Energy >Rejuvenation and Coating Drift 3.45 second > Rage > Energy > Rejuvenation and Coating Drift

You get the idea >.>

Edited by Ibro156

Well, builds are personal. 3.45 health per second is useful for me on my Chroma :V Then again its preference.

Edit: If Rage gives you energy on lost of health. Also have high steel fiber with vitality wouldnt that give some energy.

This how I usually run; Rage > Energy >Rejuvenation and Coating Drift 3.45 second > Rage > Energy > Rejuvenation and Coating Drift

You get the idea >.>

3.45 HPS is amazing for Chroma because of how Vex Armor effects his damage intake, and mitigates almost any health loss, while still gaining both of his Shield and Health loss effects. 

We're talking about Excalibur, not Chroma. I'll state this now, but I usually come off as harsh, regardless of whether or not I'm trying to be. Essentially, I'm not outing you, I'm just trying to explain why Rejuv/Coaction is really, really bad.

Let me put things into perspective. A Vitality mod on Excalibur gives him 740 Health at max rank. Let's also round the 3.45 HPS up to 4 HPS for wishful thinking. To completely fill your Health pool from a near-death experience, it would take 185s, or 3 minutes. However, since a situation like that isn't normally commonplace, let's say you continually lose half of your heath every couple of minutes due to some instance / radiation / etc.

That's 370 Health. Half your health, half the recharge time, but that's still a minute and a half to fill your health bar, whereas I channel once, with either melee or EB, and instantly refill my health bar for anywhere between 5-12 Energy.

I'm running Steel Charge and Handspring in my respective slots, so all Melee hits, including EB, gain 60% more damage. Handspring also get's me up 160% faster after a knockdown. If I were to run Coaction Drift, I would still gain an extra ~10% (totaling ~70%) on all Melee hits.

You, on the otherhand, lose both your Aura slot and your Exilus slot for a crappy method of healing which takes far longer to achieve similar results. That just doesn't make any sense! The trade of is NOT worth it. Healing Pads are a more viable option.

Referencing the Energy method, Rejuv/Coaction is still a horrid way to gain Energy effectively. It works, but it's not a good method.

If you want to gain Energy quickly, then pull out your Melee or EB, and block. EB passively blocks 60% of all incoming damage from the front.

It greatly reduces any damage to your health, while still giving you the same amount of energy you normally would have gotten.

A good combo for the more defensive player would be Rage / Quick Thinking / Steel Fiber / Vitality. It's a 4 Mod combo, but you barely receive any damage for a maxed out Energy pool.

Just pull out your Melee & Block. That's it. You can always Life Strike to top off your health, but Rejuv and Coaction costs you two very important slots on your Warframe, that one mod on your Melee can do far better for a way cheaper cost.