The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Eventually Get A P.v.e 2.0?

AnOldAlias

Or.. 3.0. Not sure if we ever had an AI/combat revisit.

Nonetheless. The title basically asks my question for me, but I'll explain a bit further.

Basically..
Expanding on AI.

Expanding on Combat Flow Mechanics.
Expanding on Cover Mechanics.
Expanding on Headshot // Weaknesses // Body Dismemberment.
Expanding on Armor Scaling and providing visual upgrades dependent on the level of the units(Visual Upgrades and possibly Weapon ones, to).
ETC ETC.

What do you think should be expanded upon, or improved, in a PVE 2.0?

Or newly added?

AI 0.0002?

Please define Combat Flow mechanics.

Warframe doesn't need cover mechanics. Move faster.

Headshot / Weakness / Dismemberment / Armor Scaling etc, can all be improved, and it all pretty well falls under the same umbrella, it would also involve a boatload of new artwork. (which i'm all for, honestly)

AI 0.0002?

Please define Combat Flow mechanics.

Warframe doesn't need cover mechanics. Move faster.

Headshot / Weakness / Dismemberment / Armor Scaling etc, can all be improved, and it all pretty well falls under the same umbrella, it would also involve a boatload of new artwork. (which i'm all for, honestly)

Hah! Yep. :p

Combat Flow. Basically the flow of combat, right now it seems rather fast paced and intense. I like it that way, of course it can still be improved upon to have moments of slowdown and stuff, but still!

I'll gracefully disagree on that statement. Cover mechanics would allow for some diversity and choice management, whether to run in and try to burst everything down or take cover and pick things off. I personally would be quite fond of a cover system in this game, well.. Moreso then it is now.

I agree 1000000%.

Better AI and improved weak points would be glorious.

AI usually doesn't have enough time to fully enjoy their AI, they are either long dead or immobilized.

When we have enemies that can live for a bit before being cheesed (like Nullies), there's outrage.

Though, overall, we all can agree that Ballistas should be nerfed, whole enemy scaling should be reworked along with weapon balance.

Or.. 3.0. Not sure if we ever had an AI/combat revisit.

Nonetheless. The title basically asks my question for me, but I'll explain a bit further.

Basically..

Expanding on AI.

Expanding on Combat Flow Mechanics.

Expanding on Headshot // Weaknesses // Body Dismemberment.

Expanding on Armor Scaling and providing visual upgrades dependent on the level of the units(Visual Upgrades and possibly Weapon ones, to).

ETC ETC.

What do you think should be expanded upon, or improved, in a PVE 2.0?

Or newly added?

They are slowly working on all this. For one, they finally fixed the hive mind mentality of the AI. That's a godsend in and of itself.

There won't be a cover mechanic since it would make it too much like other shooters, besides, we have free movement in parkour so we shouldn't need to camp behind a wall. while there should be something where there are larger structures to sneak behind during stealth play, a "press-button-to-magnetically-stick-to-wall" system won't happen.

the weakpoint/dismemberment thing should be expanded on, an enemy shot in the leg should topple over and attempt to crawl away or make a last stand, rendering them CC'd til they are killed. enemies with their arms shot should essentially loose the ability to wield a weapon or set an alarm.

The enemy scaling is going to be changed when they figure out how they wanna deal with mandatory mods and weapon damage.

I would like to see more variety in enemy types. Sure, we have Combas now and whatnot, but even simple crewmen could get a few improvements. We have so many weapons availble to us, so why not give them to the enemies? I would like to see crewmen with, for example, sonicors.

I'll gracefully disagree on that statement. Cover mechanics would allow for some diversity and choice management, whether to run in and try to burst everything down or take cover and pick things off. I personally would be quite fond of a cover system in this game, well.. Moreso then it is now.

DE has said there will never be a cover system in Warframe, I'm looking for the source as you read this because someone will inevitably ask for one, but I believe their reasoning is something along the lines of making gameplay so slow.  And personally, I feel that it is unnecessary.

EDIT: Not the source I remembered, but it was stated in http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Devstream_46'>this devstream that it wasn't going to happen.

Everything else you say though, I like
Edited by xXRampantXx

ALL we need

is that dam BOMBARD ROCKETS DOESN'T TRACK YOU

Or lessen the degree of their tracking. Currently it hard tracks you to the ends of the galaxy. say you are standing in front of the bombard but a bit to the side, and he shoots straight. the rocket should soft lock and drift towards you. but if you dodge, then that's that, shoot the next. It shouldn't be like it is.

-snip for brevity-

Combat Flow. Basically the flow of combat, right now it seems rather fast paced and intense. I like it that way, of course it can still be improved upon to have moments of slowdown and stuff, but still!

The current Combat Flow as you say, is very fast paced and intense. There are moments of cut-scene and there could definitely be more moments like the second dream questline. (excellent) -- I'd like to see some of the more complex fan ideas for controlling mobs on a larger scale by tile, etc. Interesting mechanics added, but I'm more-or-less happy with the current scale and pacing.

AI improvements, reducing the number of mobs and greatly improving their tactics, and/or having combat groups that work together with special skills, would do more for this aspect than anything else I can think of.

As for the cover system, my initial comment was mainly in a jovial tone, but DE (as mentioned by others) has stated many times that cover systems aren't something they're interested in adding. We can use cover as it is now, quite effectively. Rapid movement and parkour... a cover system wouldn't make us any more effective than we already are, it wouldn't work well with the current "Combat Flow" as they've designed it. However it would slow us down. 

There's little reason for AI/enemies to be any better than they are right now without being completely immune to CC, or somehow severely limiting our CC capability.  And by that, I mean, REALLY hammering down hard on the near infinite energy Tenno bring with them in just about every mission (either through Trinity or spamming energy restore pads.)

Doesn't matter what DE does.  The best AI coders could be brought on board but even their creations would be powerless unless they were completely immune to my Excalibur's #2, or energy was so hard to come by I could only afford to use it in situations where I'm surrounded and getting wrecked.

Can't just ask for better enemies and expect them to amount to anything as long as this guy's 100% on the mark:

AI usually doesn't have enough time to fully enjoy their AI, they are either long dead or immobilized.

When we have enemies that can live for a bit before being cheesed (like Nullies), there's outrage.

Though, overall, we all can agree that Ballistas should be nerfed, whole enemy scaling should be reworked along with weapon balance.

Edited by Littleman88

All we need is bosses with smarter mechanics. This Invulnerability gimmick is boring, frustating and anti fun. Bosses are bullet sponges just like almost everything in this game ATM

Players needs to be stopped being overpowered first. You can't have balanced enemies when players are not balanced them selves.

Players needs to be stopped being overpowered first. You can't have balanced enemies when players are not balanced them selves.

we're ancient space ninja warrior gods who can implode entire rooms on a whim or turn entire armies into squabbling children. it has never been "fair" or "balanced" for the enemy

make all enemies with stalkers A.I.

but change how their awareness works so we can actually stealth without being invis

I can creep about with my Valkyr just fine without Loki and Ivaras stealth, nor shade.

You just have to keep out of their cone of vision and crouch if close to it. Heck I have slid right beside a few between hard cover only to circle around and stelth finish them.