The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] So, Am I Screwed?

Dr_Faceless

Question

I just put the lens on my Ash Prime that you get after completing the Second Dream, and now I don't get any XP for my weapons. Besides if I were to forma my Ash I would be screwed. So far the only way to get rid of a lens is to replace it with a lens, as far as I know. Can anything be done?

13 answers to this question

Oh, is that right? Didn't know that. So just to be clear, a lens on a frame doesn't affect the XP I get for leveling weapons, right?

It has no impact on leveling weapons at all, no. It's an overflow system. If you get xp toward a weapon/frame that's already maxed out and has a lens on it, it gets converted into focus. That's all.

You only get focus exp when the item installed with lens is lvl 30.

For example, if you put a lens on ash prime and then forma him, you will have to rank him back up to 30 in order to get focus exp.

If you kill enemies with ash's abilities then 100% of that exp will go to focus. Weapon kills will only give you 50% focus exp. If you install an additional lens onto a weapon then you will get 100% focus exp assuming you kill enemies using that weapon + lens on warframe.

Edited by MrJxt

Is he lvl 30? Did you recently forma him?

Edit: Also since you put a lense on Ash. You will only earn focus for him (not your weapons). 50% of affinity from weapon kills go to your frame. 100% of affinity from frame kills goes to your frame. Also note the frame/weapon has to be lvl 30 for it to convert affinity into focus points.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Ash is, at least in present Warframe, a good choice for Focus farming. You'll get 100% focus from kills made by your powers, opposed to the 50% frame/50% weapon from weapon kills. Bladestorm can get you a pretty good amount.

Also, kills from weapon syndicate procs give frame xp as well.

If that's still not acceptable, you can get more lens from Sorties, or you can trade for one. They're not so expensive now that you can buy Greater Lens for 40p from the market.

Is he lvl 30? Did you recently forma him?

Yes he is lvl 30. 

You won't get exp onto Ash for FOCUS with weapons (from what I know)

You can forma fine.

Yeah, but I just a 10 min survival using my Dragon Nikana and almost all xp went to my frame, while none went to my Paris P and Kunai, which I am lvling atm.

My concern here is will this lens take away from lvling weapons on my Ash? And if it will, can I remove it, completely?

Yes he is lvl 30. 

Yeah, but I just a 10 min survival using my Dragon Nikana and almost all xp went to my frame, while none went to my Paris P and Kunai, which I am lvling atm.

If you were alone, you're misunderstanding something different. You only get xp from from kills you do using the weapons/frames that commit them.

If you want to get xp on a weapon you're not using, you need to play with other players to get shared xp from their kills to apply to your other weapons.

Yes he is lvl 30.

Yeah, but I just a 10 min survival using my Dragon Nikana and almost all xp went to my frame, while none went to my Paris P and Kunai, which I am lvling atm.My concern here is will this lens take away from lvling weapons on my Ash? And if it will, can I remove it, completely?

Your going about it the wrong way. It works just as intended to. Your weapons can't earn focus points if there is no lense on it. (You can put a lenses on weapons if you didn't know) Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Your going about it the wrong way. It works just as intended to. Your weapons can't earn focus points if there is no lense on it. (You can put a lenses on weapons if you didn't know)

You're misunderstanding me, I don't care about focus, I care about leveling my weapons.

If you were alone, you're misunderstanding something different. You only get xp from from kills you do using the weapons/frames that commit them.

If you want to get xp on a weapon you're not using, you need to play with other players to get shared xp from their kills to apply to your other weapons.

Oh, is that right? Didn't know that. So just to be clear, a lens on a frame doesn't affect the XP I get for leveling weapons, right?

Ohh & no. But half the weapon kills (if you make some kills) go to your frame. If your frame has a lense & is lvl 30, it will convert affinity into focus. So your peachy

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293