The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Enemy Armor Augment

cephalon-x

Question

Personally I feel that enemies with the armor buff are pretty tough, especially the grineer at level 80-100. I was wondering how you guys mod against them.

Corrosive? 

Radiation? 

Bane mods?

Corrosive projection?

Do they have ferrite or alloy armor?

21 answers to this question

1st of all, use Corrosive Projection... it's just like LoR, 4 people using Corrosive Projection leads to the enemies having 0% of Armor which means they are now easy target to kill :3

weapon elemental prefer Radiation and Viral, radiation for confusion and viral for instant -50% of enemy's total health = getting easier to kill

All lot of people try to get squads with all four corrosive projection to get rid of armor then you can go viral to sap out their health. If not, then you can try corrosive for weapons and whatnot to deal with their armor. Depending on what type of grineer, they can have ferrite or alloy. I do believe heavies and bombards might have different armor types but don't take my word for it because I can't quite remember.

I usually play with 2 other close friends and we don't use corrosive projection normally (mostly because they don't own that mod). We all mod for corrosive and then bring secodaries or something with viral/radiation if the mission allows. Or one of us focuses on corrosion while the others focus on viral/radiation crowd control. You can certainly use bane mods if you want that extra bit of damage. I don't personally but I hear the primed bane mods are pretty good.

Personally I play at those levels with those sorties using elemental like corrosive and radiation or fire (for the stagger)

Seems like straight damage can work with a near perfect build on an OP as hell gun, but going for strategy works well with any frame too

Am I missing something? As far as I was aware, even WITH x4 Corrosive Projection, enemies with AUGMENTED armour will still have the augmented portion. 

My way of dealing with this is to bring a frame which can strip armour - Banshee with augment, Ash with augment or my favourite, Frost with +250% power strength. 

These abilities are able to remove both augmented and regular armour all at once. 

1st of all, use Corrosive Projection... it's just like LoR, 4 people using Corrosive Projection leads to the enemies having 0% of Armor which means they are now easy target to kill :3

Or 3 people with CP and CD.

I run with corrosive mainly, but I take an Oberon so I can buff my mate with Smite Infusion so we have damage for whatever enemy there is.

Or 3 people with CP and CD.

I run with corrosive mainly, but I take an Oberon so I can buff my mate with Smite Infusion so we have damage for whatever enemy there is.

what's "CD" in Warframe? :o

in Indonesia "CD" means "Compatible Disk"... lol XD

CP seems like a good idea, but which elemental combo works best? Wiki says corrosive is good against ferrite and radiation is good against alloy, but which of the two armors are the enemies getting?

Or am I completely misunderstanding the way armor works here..?

I bring Speed Holster aura and go in with my 100% armor removal abating link dps Trinity.  It's like if you locked a bus full of starving fat kids, unsupervised, in a candy factory.

But most peeps don't know what a dps trin is, so really the point is that although 4 cps and (as I've heard from region prime) 4cps+4cds won't remove augmented armor, 100% armor removal abilities will ignore the buff.  

Or you could use other effects like abilities that do finisher damage, or scaled/amped finisher damage,  or just CC enemies and ignore them.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

weapon elemental prefer Radiation and Viral, radiation for confusion and viral for instant -50% of enemy's total health = getting easier to kill

4CP will not strip augmented armor.  Don't know about 4CP/CD, I know 4CP with 2 CD the bars are still yellow.  Was really frustrating since I had brought all viral/heat.

Why not use radiation, viral, and corrosive?  Augmented Dark Dagger works great for this.  So's Detron (at least for the radiation/corrosive part).  And Synoid Simulor with Magnetic(unavoidable) Radiation and Toxin seems to murder everything it hits anyway.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

This is a technique I picked up from youtubers but took a step further:

Banshee's Sonic Fracture Augment removes a set amount of armor from enemies on-hit. So basically your Power 1 can be used to reduce the effectiveness of a bulletsponge. Good on it's own merit. The Youtube technique is that logically an augment becomes a power of the Warframe's so it's susceptible to power increases. Approximately any power increase of 45% (Transcient Fortitude OR Intensify + Power Drift) will actually strip the armor from a bullet sponge entirely leaving them at red health and surprisingly squishy.

Since Banshee's Sonic Fracture is a wave of energy that knocks enemies over, this can be employed on a group of tight-knit enemies to disorient and debuff them temporary (8 seconds I believe, slightly less with TF obviously but you only need a couple seconds for a finisher or burst damage to mop up). OR you could just sonic fracture a heavy unit and take them down alone.

Where I adjusted this:

Ash has a similar augment known as Seeking Shuriken. Now obviously his shuriken is a single-target only, however at max rank Ash fires 2 shurikens at once and best yet, the targets suffer a bleed proc directly to their red health. Now, you have to be judicious with your energy consumption, but if you can pace yourself you can easily punish level 100 enemies.

The balance to all of this is that you have to be around mid-range to pull off these debuffs AND be aware of how much energy it's costing you to go around debuffing enemies before ultimately finishing them off. I know it sounds like the economy of energy-per-kill is bad but honestly I haven't had any problems so far considering how cheap Power 1 is and how frequently energy drops. Also, whether I'm playing with PUGs or with friends (not so much these days) I can shadow our teams Heavy such as an Excal/Valkyr/Rhino and paint their targets to allow them to dismantle the poor armorless bastard.

To round out everything I also equip a corrosive weapon usually with some ice status on the side to slow enemies (although whoever said FIRE is a damn genius because you can stagger AND bleed them at once- I am totally trying this out in a moment). Also I use a Covert Lethality modded Karyst with a corrosive damage proc and that seems to make very short work of lesser enemies while staggering heavies a least long enough for me to get my bearings. I haven't tried the Dark Dagger but that may be a better option for the Syndicate Bonus/Energy Restore.

Anyway, that's my two cents, hope that's helpful and sorry for typos. Good luck!

UPDATE: Holy sh!t Corrosive + Fire proc is hilariously effective and it looks like I'm firing tiny missiles XD

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

*snip*

Yeah, the viral proc plus energy restore is just beautiful.

A Frost running at least 250% power strength can also strip all armor with Avalanche.  To get any kind of duration and range with it though, he's gonna need an EV strapped to his back.

Edit:  Or, if it's Grineer, just bring a Radial Blind Excal and a bunch of Covert Lethality daggers.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

1. Equip Banshee

2. Spam Sonar

3. Hit a Level 90 Grineer Eviscerator with Augmented Armour for 700,000

4. Pass GO and collect Unairu Lens

or

1. Equip Banshee

2. Use Savage Silence

3. One-shot a Level 100 Grineer Bombard with Augmented Armour

4. Pass GO and collect 25 R5 Cores

or

1. Equip Banshee