The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Lore] Questions About Jordas

Runtowin

Question

I have played both "Jordas Verdict", "Jordas Precept" and the related quest. There are many questions that I need answer (speculation is okay).

Question 1: Is Jordas in "Jordas Verdict" and "Jordas Precept" one and the same? If it is, is it possible that Jordas can remotely control every kind of intelligent system?

Question 2: Which faction made Jordas?

Question 3: In "Jordas Verdict", there is a mention of a experimental cure for Infestation. How does that cure work?

Question 4: Is Jordas infested before Alad V or after?

Question 5: Why does Jordas not shut himself down (or self-detonate) before being taken over? Unless I was mistaken,

Ordis did that in Vor's Prize.

Question 6: After destroying the infested ship in Jordas Verdict, is it possible that it is not Jordas's main body, but one of many victim of Jordas?

Question 7: In "Jordas Verdict", at "Vital failing" state, how does "the voice" communicate with us immediately?

5 answers to this question

Question 1: Is Jordas in "Jordas Verdict" and "Jordas Precept" one and the same? If it is, is it possible that Jordas can remotely control every kind of intelligent system?

Highly unlikely. Cephalons are capable of having several sessions (C Suda could appear on every Liset in the system and have a separate conversation, other than having two different manifestations of herself in every relay), but they do have a central databank. Jordas resides in the actual databank that was corrupted, inside of that Golem structure.

Also, Cephalons don't seem to be able to hack other Cephalons. Simaris helps Ordis resisting a hack in "The New Strange", but nothing else is ever shown. So it's unlikely that Jordas can remotely control other kinds of AI.

Also, Jordas always refers to the Golem we're shooting as "me". "Kill me" and so. This suggests that Jordas believes to be inside of that. Why would he be wrong on that?

Question 2: Which faction made Jordas?

The Golem seems to be in origin a Corpus ship. However Jordas has the plans of a Warframe and obeys the same codex as Ordis - a Cephalon made in Orokin time to serve the Orokin.

To the best of my reckoning, Jordas was made in Orokin time to serve the Orokin (made by the Orokin, or is there an independent Cephalon production authority?), and was later relocated into a Corpus ship when he (willingly?) decided to side with the Corpus (during the Tenno hybernation, when there was no Tenno around).

Question 3: In "Jordas Verdict", there is a mention of a experimental cure for Infestation. How does that cure work?

Question 4: Is Jordas infested before Alad V or after?

The only other mention of a cure was made by Alad V - he retrieved the info from Uranus in order to achieve his cure. How the cure works... who knows. We should ask Alad.

Jordas or Alad first? Don't know. I think that Jordas was infested by the Mutualist strain - the only strain of the Infestation able to fully corrupt robots. So I'd say that Jordas was infested after Alad V. Or maybe Jordas was infested centuries ago and for centuries resisted the infestation (while the ship was being turned and made useless), but recently the Mutualist strain reached him and completed the job.

We don't know. The research was trashed by the Infested before we could get a good look at it. All that's left is a special injector that creates aerosol particles of "antiserum", which prevents the T-cyte virus from binding to cells

Question 6: After destroying the infested ship in Jordas Verdict, is it possible that it is not Jordas's main body, but one of many victim of Jordas?

Possible, but unlikely

Question 7: In "Jordas Verdict", at "Vital failing" state, how does "the voice" communicate with us immediately?

The Infested share a hive mind. As soon as the T-cyte virus gets into your system, the assimilation begins

Jordas copied himself multiple times, he's been luring ships with the false "Precept 44", copying himself into their databanks and infecting the ships with the technocyte virus.  Each time you fight Jordas it's a new copy, he basically has a fleet.

"Ordis, you need to know. I lied about Precept 44. I am not the only one. They made me say that. To bait you. THERE ARE SO MANY MORE."

"Would you keep count, if you were me?"

Edited by Gelkor