The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Attack Rate And Dps

(PSN)DBR87

Question

So I was making a spread sheet for longsword stats to see where and how they could be balanced for build requirements, mastery level, etc...

I was using Warframe builder to double check my own math when trying to calculate damage per second against a single target for longswords. Certain ones where not matching up, like Plasma sword. It has an attack rate of .667 and a base electrical damage of 35. Warframe builder says the sustained DPS would be 23.345 and that is not what I got. So if anyone is sure of the formula for calculating longsword DPS and would like to share that I would appreciate it. I am thinking it has something to do with attack animations for melees having different speeds depending on the weapon class.

3 answers to this question

So I was making a spread sheet for longsword stats to see where and how they could be balanced for build requirements, mastery level, etc...

I was using Warframe builder to double check my own math when trying to calculate damage per second against a single target for longswords. Certain ones where not matching up, like Plasma sword. It has an attack rate of .667 and a base electrical damage of 35. Warframe builder says the sustained DPS would be 23.345 and that is not what I got. So if anyone is sure of the formula for calculating longsword DPS and would like to share that I would appreciate it. I am thinking it has something to do with attack animations for melees having different speeds depending on the weapon class.

Its probably the crit chance that is calculated into all of the damage values on WF builder and the in-game UI not showing values that go over 1 number after the comma.

Edited by --RV--Cola

Its probably the crit chance that is calculated into all of the damage values on WF builder and the in-game UI not showing values that go over 1 number after the comma.

I unchecked the critical box. What I was getting doing the math in on paper still was not what Warframe builder says it should be. I hear the site is not the accurate with dps of some weapons though I am not sure what kinds of weapons.