The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime General Build?

peteed1985

Question

Anyone able to suggest a Boltor Prime, Kronen and Venka builds that can be used for everything without swapping mods in and out?

I prefer to play a game rather than sit in menus and we b browser trying to work out what elements to swap to each time.

Game has loadouts and then it also has configs but theres nothing in game to explain the best way to go about them or even how to use them. It doesn't say if the A B and C configs are independant of the loadouts so you can have 3 weapon configs for each loadout or 3 in total or what.

I'm actually surprised theres not much info on weapon/warframe builds around that I can find.

3 answers to this question

For each weapon or frame, you can do 3 different builds. If you have two of the same weapon, you still have 3 different build options for each.

The overview on damage 2.0 shows you what enemies are weak against.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

So there is no one size fits all build. However, you can build any weapon strong enough that it wont matter what enemies you fight anywhere in the solar map.

However that will not work against high level enemies. If you plan to do sorties, or fight level 70 and up, you'll want to set up specific builds on your ABC to suit each faction.

If not, then as I said, max your mods, dump forma into it and you can run almost any build and not really worry about the enemies.

My general build (still needs 1 more forma. Bringing me to 4)

Serration~

Heavy Caliber~

Vile Acceleration (corrupt mod, +stability, - Fire Rate)~

Split Chamber~

Malignant Force (Event Mod, + Toxic Dmg, + Status Chance; drops from TIV Vor)

Stormbringer

High Voltage

Bane of Grineer*

* I change this up to fit my faction. The +30% damage (after IPS and Elementals) is so good for general play that my Boltor shreds through most things

I use Config A B and C, A is grineer, B corpus, C infested

Each build has the same core mods (marked with a ~) I only change the Bane mod, as well as the elements.

Corpus are weak to magnetic damage, so I switch out Malignant Force for Rime Rounds (event mod, 2.0 Spy reward)

Infested are weak to fire/gas damage, so I again change the bane, and the elements.

Fire is a combo of Heat+Toxin, Thermite Rounds (dual mod, spy reward), and Malignant Force. I also change Stormbringer to Hellfire

For Easy reference here's a list of elements and the base combo that makes it:

Magnetic- Cold+Electric

Corrosive- Electric+Toxin

Viral- Cold+Toxin

Radiation- Heat+Electric

Blast- Heat+Cold