The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Oberon

SatelliteStrike

Question

Is he worth making. Before I new it I had all his parts. I know he isn't considered an endgame frame since there are other frames that can do what he can and even better. But is he any fun? Has he any purpose. I mean there are also some... well not weak, but more utility like Nekros for more loot, Hydroid for CC and loot etc. Does Oberon have any role? Is it worth making him?

5 answers to this question

Find a chokepoint and Hallowed Ground becomes absolutely amazing.

Why yes, yes he is. 

Don't approach frames as "should I build them or nah?" just build them, level them up, and decide whether or not you want to keep them after they hit rank 30. You're missing out on some substantial mastery points if you don't try them all out. Not to mention, they're all good in their own way.

To tack on to this, levelling all the frames will give you a better understanding of how to coordinate with them.  For example, I hated Limbo until I levelled him, and while he's not a frequently seen frame, when I see one in my party, I know how to take advantage of it.

Oberon has some uses.

Hallowed Ground is a decent skill, allies in the area have all procs removed, and are resistant to future procs

Reckoning spawns health orbs (50% chance)

Smite is a garunteed Radiation proc, forcing enemies to attack first thing on sight)

Renewal is a Heal over Time, and if used on a bleeding out target, it slows their bleed out timer

The trick is in building him. While it is true that he's lackluster compared to Trinity, and definately not sought after for squads or trial teams he can be fun or a nice equalizer for casual play.

Build him, see if you like him, potato him, maybe even forma a few times, all up to you he is a ton of mastery points.

Me personally I keep all frames, to fit any situation, all get potato'd, and if I like them enough they get formas to. I do get rid of a frame once I get its primed variant, no use keeping 2 trinities right :p

Play around with Oberon and see if you think you'll want to keep him, if so then slap a reactor on and reckoning (or whatever ability you like best) to victory