The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Advice On Focus

(PSN)Daikon177

Question

I know everything is probably going to change with focus since its still in beta but im thinking about switching schools.

Initially i picked unairu because i thought the extra armor and crowd control was the best choice for my play style but its just too lack luster when you compare the other schools.

Im leaning towards zenurik for the energy management it offers i could change my builds up to not rely so much on rage energy siphon and wont have to worry as much about efficiency either. Or atleast thats the way it looks like i could use it.

Im also interested in naramon and maurai because who doesnt love stealth and more damage?

Any advice from people experienced with these schools that can offer there insight would be appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I am running with Madurai, and though the damage is nice, it's not consistent, in WF, utility is key to success, so going for something either slowing/stopping the enemy as opposed to just trying to kill them with damage will take you farther along, so later on once this system develops, I may switch off Madurai, but I want to completely explore it first and make sure I'm not writing it off too soon. But atm I would still suggest picking a Utility school over one focused on just straight damage.

Phoenix Gaze will only take you so far on a T4 mission while being able to kill enemies in a viable amount of time.

I'm running Naramon and i've got to say, the active's a very nice bit of soft crowd control, it's essentially Nyx's Chaos, but it sacrifices AOE for infinite duration if they don't manage to kill each over off.

The Deadly Intent and Shadow step passives are amazingly useful as well, at R0 SS lasts 5 seconds, that by itself is a massive boon to survivability for all frames, let alone pseudo melee frames, and DI is calculated after crit mods, so let's say I have a melee weapon with 15% crit chance, without True Steel, DI maxed would take it to 19.5%, with TS, DI would take it up to 31.2%, it's no Arcane Avenger but still, with a 25% base and both TS and DI it's 52%, meaning even squishy frames can survive going melee in high level content with both DI and SS, bonus points if you're using the Cleavers with the Justice Blades augment for healing and armour (you're welcome, Saryn).

In short, go with Zenurik for whatever the hell 4 energy per second will get you (cue maniacal, genocidal laughter), or Naramon if you like invisibility, Berzerker synergy and watching crowds wailing on each over, pick your poison.

Well I went with naramon and I am glad I did, the passives you receive are the best. I am a mag user that uses naramon and their is nothing better then a stealth mag. What makes them so great is the crowd control which is a combination of Nyx chaos and loki's radial disarm. Speaking of Loki the one thing any Loki player fears is coming around a corner in a nullifier bubble and losing your invisibility. Well with shadow step you don't lose it. So yeah I think that's pretty cool lol

Excal, Naramon, the only thing they'll see is the wave coming at their face.  Crazy good.  Oh, and Valkyr gets a 4% redcrit chance with Hysteria and a maxed Deadly Intent.  On the other hand, Naramon actually makes my life harder on Chroma, because no one ever notices me to hit me ._. 

Edit:  Seriously, I was literally running circles around a Juggernaut last night.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann