The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Player Experience Concept] Quest To Introduce Orokin Towers

FoxFX

There has been some discussions about several contents in game that are not explained in game to newbie players and are only shown to them through other players. So I decided to introduce some quests to help new players in progressing in content that aren't always explained to them when it needs to be.

[OROKIN TOWER QUEST]

TITLE : GHOST OF THE PAST?

UNLOCKING REQUIREMENTS : Complete Vor's Prize Questline

REWARD : Tower I Key & Orokin Sigil

QUEST PROGRESSION:

PART 1 - DISTURBING INTEL

The Lotus has received intel from one of her operators that Vor has miraculously survived after the end of "Vor's Prize" ending. Vor has been reported to be "mentally unstable" and is mobilizing a large force to an unknown destination. Lotus wants to know what that destination is.

Lotus will send you to a Mobile Defense Mission to find out where Vor is planning on going.

1_by_thespaceknight-d7k6qog.png

Lotus : Good now let us see where Vor's plotting. This can't be right. The location of these coordinates are...Tenno, we need to make sure Captain Vor does not reach his destination in one piece. I have lock on his position. Take him out.

PART 2 - THE GHOST OF MADNESS

Players enter Vor's ship and are prompted to move to where Vor is located. Upon reaching the point, the players get a glimpse of the new Vor...

VorNew.png

CORRUPTED CAPTAIN VOR : Behold, the false apostles. They've come to try and hide the true power of the Void. But they are far too late. With the power of this Janus Key, our path to victory is assured.

LOTUS : No, we have entered the Void and Vor has disappeared. We cannot let this shop be intact. Head to its reactor and destroy it to crash the vessel.

Lotus directs the players to destroy the reactor in which will be a Sabotage Mission. After completing this task, the ship crash lands with you in it and players will instantly begin in the Void Tower.

PART 3 - THE HALLS OF ORIGIN

LOTUS : Tenno? Tenno? Can you hear me? Thank the stars you are alright. It appears you have crash landed into an Orokin Tower. I will explain more on the way, but a new enemy is approaching.

LOTUS : Before me, you used to work for your precursors, the Orokin. They once ruled the entire star system and fancied themselves in their advanced technology. But that was long ago. Now their abandoned Towers are merely drifting in the Void, protected by the subjugation of the "Neural Sentry" Defense system. Those that succumb to its mind control are part of the Corrupted.

LOTUS : You need to get out of here before the Corrupted get to you. There is a way you can escape, but you will need a Void Tower Key. I have found one you can use. Get it and await further instructions.

This part requires players to pick up a Void Key from one room then head to another point where you can open a portal for Ordis and the Liset to enter and extract you. Be warned that while the Corrupted will attack, there is also another enemy that will attack you.

VorNew.png

CORRUPTED CAPTAIN VOR : You cannot stop the power of the Void let alone the power of my Janus Key. You will not escape from me again!

END OF THE MISSION

After escaping from the Void:

LOTUS : I'm glad you have arrived safely, but there will be a time you will need to return to the towers. They hold secret treasures that will help you in the near future. Who knows, you might be fortunate to find a Prime Warframe.

END NOTES

Considering my failed past Warframe Concepts, from now on I will be devoting to creating concepts that will be response to the lack of progression for "new player experience." I welcome any feedback and comments and if there is anything else I can write up about, please let me know.

MADE DEVSTREAM OF THE WEEK: EPISODE #104!

Edited by FoxFX

Why not make it so they build Braton Prime along the way, like with Warframe quests? It can introduce them to Primes and it's not like the Braton P is really that powerful compared to a lot of the other Primes.

I was more focused on just having a quest that introduces new players to the Orokin Towers, but having a Prime Weapon as a reward is up for debate.

WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU THINK? FOR A QUEST TO INTRODUCE NEW PLAYERS TO THE OROKIN TOWERS TO HAVE A PRIME WEAPON AS A REWARD TOO?

So far, it appears players perfer a Braton Prime added in as a progressive reward (hopefully no Braton Prime MK I, lol).

I HOPE TO ADD IN THE THREADS A QUEST THAT INTRODUCES NEW PLAYERS TO THE OROKIN DERELICT. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A LEPHANTIS STORYLINE!

WOULD LIKE TO ADD IN A SIDE QUEST WITH THIS QUEST CONCEPT INTRODUCING BARO K'TEER. MAY I HAVE A SECOND OPINION ON THIS?

Have the Lotus call in Baro near the end of the void quest, have him guide the player around a bit and after the mission offer to trade his wares for any treasures the Tenno find in the void. 

Have the Lotus call in Baro near the end of the void quest, have him guide the player around a bit and after the mission offer to trade his wares for any treasures the Tenno find in the void. 

That could work too.

I had an idea of a Capture Mission where Baro K'Teer sends the Tenno to hunt down a Corpus Pirate that stole some of his merchandise and has escaped into the Void. Sounds pretty far-fetched, but I feel it would be something Nef Anyo would do personally.

I had an idea of a Capture Mission where Baro K'Teer sends the Tenno to hunt down a Corpus Pirate that stole some of his merchandise and has escaped into the Void. Sounds pretty far-fetched, but I feel it would be something Nef Anyo would do personally.

At least it's not a rescue, Darvo style. Because gods know there's been far too many merchant rescue missions.

2 ideas: block the acces to the void until you reach MR 4 (reducing the powercreep of void in earlier levels) and increase the amount of MR for some prime weapons, making it immposible to obtain at low level, for trading inclusive. After finishing the quest, you will have acces to the void

2 ideas: block the acces to the void until you reach MR 4 (reducing the powercreep of void in earlier levels) and increase the amount of MR for some prime weapons, making it immposible to obtain at low level, for trading inclusive. After finishing the quest, you will have acces to the void

A Rank limit for the Orokin Towers seems fair. I would like to hear other player opinions on this.

I'm all for more quests. In fact, I think it would be great if, instead of the trial type stuff we seem to be getting, every boss had a quest.

To be honest, I think it would be even better if boss-related quests took you through an entire planet/moon/region; essentially you'd have to complete all the nodes, but each one would tie into the quest.

And +10000 to working Baro into a quest.

I'm all for more quests. In fact, I think it would be great if, instead of the trial type stuff we seem to be getting, every boss had a quest.

To be honest, I think it would be even better if boss-related quests took you through an entire planet/moon/region; essentially you'd have to complete all the nodes, but each one would tie into the quest.

And +10000 to working Baro into a quest.

Thanks. If anything, perhaps I should focus on concepts with quests that are tied to each of the bosses from now on. Felt like my past Warframe concepts keep getting shut downed.

I'd like to bring back one of my older Fan Concepts: The Relay Captains back into the fold again but with a 2.0 version including a Quest progression introducing the Relays and all. If you want to know more about my Relay Captains work, feel free to look up my profile to find out more.

• 2 weeks later...

this is awesome perhaps DE will hire you to write so much of the missing lore for this game. (we could only hope. lol.)

Truth be told, I kinda wish I could go for game design career.

OT: Still rehashing some material to make a questline for the Orokin Derelict introduction.