Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You're Missing A Great Opportunity [Spoiler Discussion On The Second Dream Quest!]

DeathMavrik

Since we now have our Tenno operator making a few quips every so often, I feel that this would've been improved DRASTICALLY

If we had the decision to have a old man Tenno operator who makes a bunch of references to the pervious wars against the orokin

Or even some weird old man rambling such as during an infested mission:

[Old man voice] "You know I knew an infested ancient long ago his name was po! Po and I used to play a lot of the Tianno (Tenno piano) of course Po was always the better. I wonder where he is now?"

Then the lotus would try to steer him back to focusing on the mission at hand.

I feel like this would've been absolutely hysterical!

The Tenno were children when they were exposed to the void, and they are basically undying and unaging beings.

Just so you're aware, they're already very very old despite their appearances.

And while I do love comedic dialogue here and there, I appreciate that it is not a saturated feature of the game.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

The Tenno were children when they were exposed to the void, and they are basically undying and unaging beings.

Just so you're aware, they're already very very old despite their appearances.

And while I do love comedic dialogue here and there, I appreciate that it is not a saturated feature of the game.

Yes I know the lore better than anybody I'm just saying I would've loved listening to dialogue like that

Yes I know the lore better than anybody I'm just saying I would've loved listening to dialogue like that

You know the lore better than anybody, yet you're suggesting extremely un-lore-friendly dialogue?

Welp.

If this thread was just meant as a joke, and not as an actual suggestion, then I can't really fault that logic. Otherwise...

I already have turned the Operator off because I can't withstand all the stupid things they already keep saying, if something like this were to happen it would just serve to assure me I'd never want that thing on ever.

Not to mention having something like this would just ruin everything that was awesome about The Second Dream.

I already have turned the Operator off because I can't withstand all the stupid things they already keep saying, if something like this were to happen it would just serve to assure me I'd never want that thing on ever.

Not to mention having something like this would just ruin everything that was awesome about The Second Dream.

Seriously though, why do they say the most blatantly obvious and cringeworthy things? I want their dialogue revised prior to anything else being changed.

Seriously though, why do they say the most blatantly obvious and cringeworthy things? I want their dialogue revised prior to anything else being changed.

seconded, we can go back to broadening their responses after all their currents ones are set on fire and replaced with semi tolerable dialogue that doesn't make it seem like we're ten

You know the lore better than anybody, yet you're suggesting extremely un-lore-friendly dialogue?

Welp.

If this thread was just meant as a joke, and not as an actual suggestion, then I can't really fault that logic. Otherwise...

have you honestly never heard that phrase before? I didn't mean that i literally "know more than anyone" I mean that i know all the lore about the tenno because i have been playing for a long time and have been reading ALL the lore on the tenno cause it fascinated me extremely

I guess this is what happens when i forget to look on warframe

people assume that im being a jerk

have you honestly never heard that phrase before? I didn't mean that i literally "know more than anyone" I mean that i know all the lore about the tenno because i have been playing for a long time and have been reading ALL the lore on the tenno cause it fascinated me extremely

I guess this is what happens when i forget to look on warframe

people assume that im being a jerk

I've heard the phrase, but it's still a very odd thing to say when you're suggesting something that would infer the opposite. Seriously, if you're familiar with the lore you ought to understand why the Tenno can't be "old men".

I'm not the only one who thought you were being a bit self-aggrandized.

I've heard the phrase, but it's still a very odd thing to say when you're suggesting something that would infer the opposite. Seriously, if you're familiar with the lore you ought to understand why the Tenno can't be "old men".

I'm not the only one who thought you were being a bit self-aggrandized.

I understand but I just thought a voice pack or something would take this "operator commentary" into something quite enjoyable

I understand but I just thought a voice pack or something would take this "operator commentary" into something quite enjoyable

I'll agree that more voice options is a good thing, and I can assure you that DE plans to release more eventually. Honestly, my concern lies with them making lines that aren't so lifeless. Some are better than others, but as a whole they don't really convey much personality. Maybe they aren't supposed to? Hard to tell.

• The Grineer prey on the weak, but we prey on the Grineer.
  • You'd think they'd clone something a little less... ugly?
  • The Grineer have no honor. 
  • Ballistics and archaic weapons, crude and dangerous, just like the Grineer.
  • The Grineer used to be builders, now all they make is war.
  • The Grineer deteriorate over time... is that what makes them violent?
  • These Corpus remind me of the Orokin, selfish, greedy.
  • Corpus technology won't be enough to stop us.
  • So... the Corpus are just a cult, worshipping money.
  • Okay, ready to blast these machines into spare parts?
  • We'll put an end to this Corpus greed.
  • They'll have plenty of Robotics. Corpus never fight for themselves.
  • Corpus have tech weapons, we'll need to be careful.
  • ​Watch for security systems.
  • Disgusting monstrosities, I think they absorb their victims.
  • We need to purge this place, as we did in the old days.
  • Be on guard for the Ancients. 
  • Some explode when killed, will need to strike and move.
  • I remember these monsters from long ago.
  • We are immune to the infestation but they still try to kill us.
  • What a mess, let's clean this up.
  • Alright, biological attacks, be ready. 
  • Infestation, an Orokin weapon... that backfired.
  • Ancients are powerful, age and feeding has made them strong. 

Yeah it's pretty bland their talk and I can see where they are trying to be "inspiring" or "moving" like the "for the lotus" line but the dialogue is just not sinking in as much as the second dream quest did

Yeah it's pretty bland their talk and I can see where they are trying to be "inspiring" or "moving" like the "for the lotus" line but the dialogue is just not sinking in as much as the second dream quest did