The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Enhancements?

(XBOX)Astray TurnRed

Question

I just came back last week and found out about Arcane enhancements.

I just have a quick question.

The arcane enhancements can be added to syndana's and Helmets, Can I put the same Arcane on both for a double / stacking effect?

For example if I put a arcane on my syndana for 5% fire rate, and I put the same one on my helmet, will I get a 10% fire rate when it's activated since I have both equipped?

Also, How much on xbox are the Arcanes usually selling for? How much plat? You can give a rough estimate not asking for a specific price. :P

Thanks in advance

Edited by (XB1)Astray TurnRed

5 answers to this question

I hear some of them stack but most of them only stack in the form of increasing their probability triggering the effect and once the effect is active, any further triggering will just refresh the duration of the effect.

Then there's things like Arcane Energizer that at max has a 40% chance on energy orb pickup to give you and everyone in 20 meters of you 100 energy.  Having 2 of them maxed will give you a 64% chance of at least 100 energy on energy orb pickup but really it's just treated as two independent event triggers so there's a chance (16%) both can trigger on orb pickup giving you and everyone in 20 meters a total of 200 energy.

The Arcane effect I heard that flat out stacks itself is Arcane Avenger, which supposedly stacks the flat crit chance bonus to everything.  So having two would give +60% crit to whatever you use such as Nukor has a crit chance of 1%, if both triggered it would give 61% crit chance.  But it's been a while since I heard of this, yet I haven't seen any update changes referencing any fixes directed at it so I assume it still works.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Okay thanks Knot, appreciate it. So basically the chance of activation is increased but not the increase damage/firerate etc

Yeah and as far as I know he's right that Arcane Avenger still is the exception and stacks for 60%. Easily most broken arcane in the game, extremely expensive because it's so good. I'd personally be afraid to invest in that one because I fear that stacking may eventually be removed. And it may be changed to just function like the others. 

Also I would note, along with increasing the chance of activation, it will also reset/refresh the duration when activating again. For certain frames like Ash this can be really useful, for example a x2 Arcane Trickery Ash. Although I use a slightly non meta build with high armor, and x1 arcane ultimatum along with trickery.