Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Does Chroma Only Have One Good Skill?

tripletriple

As per topic, take away his 3 VA and EW is lackluster. EW is only considered decent because it benefits his best skill VA.

When viewing EW by itself and considering all of its intended support functionality, it needs some serious work as well.

I'm all in for a little buff, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to point out he got 2 abilities to use. The 2 with ice element is actually pretty decent. Heavy armor buff when reflecting bullets, why not? Right now the only viable chroma is ice.

I'm all in for a little buff, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to point out he got 2 abilities to use. The 2 with ice element is actually pretty decent. Heavy armor buff when reflecting bullets, why not? Right now the only viable chroma is ice.

Agree completely.

I hope in addition to already mentioned tweaks, they also allow him to access all his elements via E ward similar to vistas cloak.

It would be great to heal with fire, then recast it and switch to the ice buff.

It's because he's one of the only. Meaningless statement. Chroma is not in the top tier of tanks because other tanks scale endlessly. Valkyr obviously but a frame like wukong is a great example. (Not to mention stealth frames) He's good though through the star chart and normal t4 runs but if you have a team wants a tank for very long endless missions, chroma will eventually get 1 shotted.

This is very true. Chroma is fourth place when it comes to tanking. In this order, Valkyr, Wukong, Trinity and then it's Chroma. People seem to forget that ice elemental ward is good to supplement vex ward, but his other auras are very lack luster and in terms of team buffing straight embarrassing.  

The number of people in this thread who are basically saying "I'm fine with the game being a broken mess, we should just get used to it" is sickening.  We can have 4 good abilities AND not be overpowered as S#&$.  DE doesn't care enough to achieve this, though, because people can't see past what we have now and ask for incremental bandaid fixes to everything instead of trying to make the game great through popular demand.  We should be telling DE to fix broken enemy scaling and super powerful weapons.  Until then frame design will continue to not make sense, and these discussions will be futile.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Spectral Scream remains abyssmal and Effigy is just an Anti-camp / ATM.

Would prefer Spectral Scream to be a single shot fireball but meh.

Chroma is the case where designers focus on Theme > Usage

Very nice changes would be to

make Spectral Scream a fan of flames instead of the horrible toggle it is right now (Imagine Ice wave blast) ,

and to make Effigy give off Elemental Ward's aura when it is active. (affected by power range or not, idk)

giphy.gif

That is the definition of terrible game design. All four skills should be viable. Whether or not one should be better than the other is a different story. Nova has 3 great skills with only her 1 being bad. 

Exactly what i thought when i read that ;D

Before you Chroma fanboys/girls come in here raging about how wrong I am. I play your warframe too. I have six forma's in Chroma and on top of that, I have a maxed arcane grace and arcane barrier running on him. Now, tell me who loves Chroma more?

Come at me and my 10-forma Chroma. I've been using him nearly non-stop ever since he was released.

The truth is his only good skill is vex ward. Granted elemental ward is a decent skill, it is supposed to buff allies too, but the range is so short it might as well not affect allies. The range should be made to stay on allies when cast or have 60 meters base so it can be viable with narrow minded.

Calling Elemental Ward decent gives me the impression that you underestimate just how well it synergizes with Vex Armor, especially when using Heat and Cold energy. However, I do agree that it's poor for buffing allies.

Another good idea is to make it so that the effects of Elemental Ward linger for a duration whenever an ally exits its range. Given that said duration is affected by mods, it would fit perfectly with the more popular Chroma builds.

Spectral Scream is a joke of an ability that will never be useful in it's current state and should be removed full stop. I don't want to see anyone trying to defend a skill that is blatantly so bad that it makes me cringe when I use it.

Agreed, but I DO believe that it can be tweaked into usefulness. What especially bothers me about Spectral Scream is that it has such high status chance per second, but it just isn't worth using because it locks you out of your weapons and makes you move so slowly. It can be made useful for light CC if we could move, do Parkour 2.0, and use guns/melee normally while Spectral Scream is active.

His ultimate effigy would be a tiny bit decent if it didn't cost me a base of 10 energy per second on top of casting elemental ward and vex at the same time. It's a joke to even think about it. On top of that it needs QOL buffs starting with a reduction to 1 energy a second at base.

On top of reducing energy drain (though 1 per second is a stretch), I also think that it needs to benefit from Vex Armor for sustainability and damage, and have an Elemental Ward around it to buff allies. It even says in the description that it's supposed to "strengthen nearby allies". The description lies.

Edited by AzureEmulation

While Vex Armor is his best skill. It's still annoying to use since it's not re-castable while skill active. Turning it into a toggle with low energy drain would already be a hug improvement.

Turning it toggle will turn Chroma into a Vex Armor slave. 

Toggle essentially means : Infinite Duration of 500% Damage and 500% Armor.

If that ain't op I don't know what is. 

What we are debating right now in this thread is ways to make his 1 and 4 more usable, and not making his good skills even more op and totally dumpster his skill set.

Come at me and my 10-forma Chroma. I've been using him nearly non-stop ever since he was released.

Calling Elemental Ward decent gives me the impression that you underestimate just how well it synergizes with Vex Armor, especially when using Heat and Cold energy. However, I do agree that it's poor for buffing allies.

I congratulate you on your success with your Chroma. Nice to see committed players. That being said his elemental ward is the definition of decent. His ice aura is good only for buffing himself to get a bigger bonus from vex ward. His fire , electric, and toxin are very lacking and when it comes to team buffing might as well not exist. The range on the electricity is terrible. Toxin is a joke and fire is worse with long Duration.

Turning it toggle will turn Chroma into a Vex Armor slave. 

Toggle essentially means : Infinite Duration of 500% Damage and 500% Armor.

If that ain't op I don't know what is. 

What we are debating right now in this thread is ways to make his 1 and 4 more usable, and not making his good skills even more op and totally dumpster his skill set.

They could start by reducing that 2.5 energy drain hard cap to more manageable levels. How in the world Exalted Blade or World on Fire can cost less then 1 energy drain per second by comparison is beyond me. Also removing that mobility lock while using his first is also another good start.

They could start by reducing that 2.5 energy drain hard cap to more manageable levels. How in the world Exalted Blade or World on Fire can cost less then 1 energy drain per second by comparison is beyond me. Also removing that mobility lock while using his first is also another good start

No idea why EB and WoF has less drain for more impactful powers either. While Effigy is just a stationary sentry, EB and WoF is arguebly more impactful and versatile.

I suggested a "Dragon's Breath" instead of a "Flame thrower" before.

Hope DE sees feedbacks lool.

No idea why EB and WoF has less drain for more impactful powers either. While Effigy is just a stationary sentry, EB and WoF is arguebly more impactful and versatile.

I suggested a "Dragon's Breath" instead of a "Flame thrower" before.

Hope DE sees feedbacks lool.

Mainly because:

*He has minor range influence and the need to build for duration. This makes narrow mindet and therefore high duration channeling efficiency possible.

*he also has supreme basestats, what basicly screams for "rage".

...the max efficiency can therefore be reached by pure duration without fleeting expertise and he gets the energy back on a permanent base. The exceptation is only electricity imo what brings absolutely nothing but EW into play...the thing he rly needs is a complete rework for electricity and MAYBE a new first. He is that aside one of the frames i'd rly call flawless in therms of synergy and modding.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108