Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Not Bad, But She Could Be Made Perfect...

Fullmetal_Underpants

i'm not even kidding when i say this, but i think she has a great base for her current functionality, but she needs a little something... just a little...

1~ she has a small energy pool and while i don't think that her pool should change, i do think her turbulence should cost 50 energy and not 75

2~ Tornados should be channeled.  full cast time as it does now every time it's activated, but witha smaller initial cost and an energy drain, no set duration and the ability to toggle it OFF on command. zephyr's the master of wind, she should act like it.

3~ dive bomb should be integrated into tail wind when you are aiming zephyr towards the ground (at the same angle you would have to be to perform a melee slam and its slot should be replaced with an ability that functions similarly to either a visible, but smaller radius shot from a sonicor (a powerful gust of wind), banshee's Sonic Boom or perhaps a limited range variation of nekros's soul punch that does more damage.

one of her biggest problems has pretty much always been  lack of any real control with tornadoes and dive bomb has really felt like a wasted slot since day 1 simply because it seems like it could have been integrated into tail wind.

Zephyr doesn't have a clutch.

You can argue that her Turbulence makes her near invincible, but it seems to have trouble against Bombards and Scorches.

It's also no where near consistent enough to be considered a reliable tanking ability aside from the Corpus faction.

IMO, she doesn't need a clutch, but she needs some bonuses to each ability for either synergy or higher effectiveness.

The integration of 1 and 2 is still a popular suggestion, and the Ivara tap vs. hold feature makes it even easier to implement. This allows the creation of another skill. I would prefer that skill to be more combat oriented instead of a mobility or "loose cc".

The Divebomb part of the integrated ability itself should focus on either CC or damage (it current lacks both). An innate Heavy Impact DURING the action should work for damage, and the range should definitely be buffed up. The knockdown or stun should be more useful for players to consider its use in combat.

I have no ideas for her other abilities, but I do want to see a touch up to her 1 and 2. She should be the frame that requires the most input and awareness from players if they want to live (which should be fun if done right).

Oh yeah, and please make the tileset ceiling higher... Zephyr needs it.

And tail wind should be a directional based momentum attack also instead on the initial pop up then go where the cross hairs are. I also agree that dive bombs should be an integrated move like rhinos passive heavy impact. Other than that zephyr is an awesome frame and turbulence is awesome. :-)

Zephyr doesn't have a clutch.

You can argue that her Turbulence makes her near invincible, but it seems to have trouble against Bombards and Scorches.

It's also no where near consistent enough to be considered a reliable tanking ability aside from the Corpus faction.

IMO, she doesn't need a clutch, but she needs some bonuses to each ability for either synergy or higher effectiveness.

The integration of 1 and 2 is still a popular suggestion, and the Ivara tap vs. hold feature makes it even easier to implement. This allows the creation of another skill. I would prefer that skill to be more combat oriented instead of a mobility or "loose cc".

The Divebomb part of the integrated ability itself should focus on either CC or damage (it current lacks both). An innate Heavy Impact DURING the action should work for damage, and the range should definitely be buffed up. The knockdown or stun should be more useful for players to consider its use in combat.

I have no ideas for her other abilities, but I do want to see a touch up to her 1 and 2. She should be the frame that requires the most input and awareness from players if they want to live (which should be fun if done right).

Oh yeah, and please make the tileset ceiling higher... Zephyr needs it.

i love how they only started making it worse after they changed movement and praised zephyr's  ability to coexist with the changes. thought worth noting that zephyr is still vulnerable to melee inside of turbulence and its short base duration does sorta balance a few things out, not to mention its sensitivity to range. i love the skill, but 75 is a bit much on a frame with an energy pool of that size.

on the other side of things, i quite like the idea that holding 1 while already airborn would cause you to heavy impact into a group below you... as opposed to aiming down perhaps.

as for clutch... that's exactly what her tornado already is, but as it stands, it's unwieldy, if you build for her other skills, you wind up with a tornado cast that runs off to uncharted corners of the map for a minute and a half and if you make them short lived, everything else seems to suffer.

The main problem enemies when I use Turbulence are typically Napalms and Scorches (and Nullifiers of course but for entirely different reasons). Bombard rockets typically get diverted into the ground or explode on the inner shield which usually only does shield damage for me, but the radial damage of the Napalm fires can kill in sorties and I think the range, accuracy, area of effect and rate of fire of the Ignis combine to make it near worthless against Scorches. And then there's all the melee enemies that completely ignore it too.

On Turbulence costing 50 energy though... Yeah, absolutely. Why on earth is Snow Globe, with guaranteed protection from hitscan, CC on cast and persistent slow on nearby enemies so much cheaper than Turbulence? I was originally of the opinion that Snow Globe should go up to 75, but with the change to low energy sorties I think it should go the other way and Turbulence dropped in cost.

I'm not really sure about turning Tornado into a channeled ability. I mean, what exactly is the difference, aside from a lower casting threshold? I'm one of the few people who's totally fine with Tornado as is, but this change doesn't really seem to address anything in terms of gameplay. And in terms of clutch that's pretty much the only thing Tornado (reliably) is.

Zephyr does certainly lack splash, for want of a better word. That's why lot's of people (who don't actually play her much) want flight so badly: she doesn't have a gimmick, or at least the gimmick they want. She plays pretty low key, mostly leveraging her stats and passive ability, and I think a lot of people reckon that's boring. Even Turbulence and Tornado are basically there to manage enemies while you continue to play largely the same as you usually do.

The other issue is that she has trouble with corrupted mods. Fleeting Expertise is problematic with all her abilities, but particularly Tailwind, and if you bring in Narrow Minded to counteract that you gimp both Turbulence and Tornado. In the world of min-maxing to the extreme that's a problem, but in terms of design that's exactly the kind of dilemma they're trying to make, so that tradeoffs will be actual tradeoffs.

But yeah, they need to up the skybox for some tiles. I get why they lowered on the Ceres defence/interception tile, but it's just too irritating trying to fly across the frozen dam tile only to be kicked back to where you started just because your angle's slightly too steep.

The main problem enemies when I use Turbulence are typically Napalms and Scorches (and Nullifiers of course but for entirely different reasons). Bombard rockets typically get diverted into the ground or explode on the inner shield which usually only does shield damage for me, but the radial damage of the Napalm fires can kill in sorties and I think the range, accuracy, area of effect and rate of fire of the Ignis combine to make it near worthless against Scorches. And then there's all the melee enemies that completely ignore it too.

On Turbulence costing 50 energy though... Yeah, absolutely. Why on earth is Snow Globe, with guaranteed protection from hitscan, CC on cast and persistent slow on nearby enemies so much cheaper than Turbulence? I was originally of the opinion that Snow Globe should go up to 75, but with the change to low energy sorties I think it should go the other way and Turbulence dropped in cost.

I'm not really sure about turning Tornado into a channeled ability. I mean, what exactly is the difference, aside from a lower casting threshold? I'm one of the few people who's totally fine with Tornado as is, but this change doesn't really seem to address anything in terms of gameplay. And in terms of clutch that's pretty much the only thing Tornado (reliably) is.

Zephyr does certainly lack splash, for want of a better word. That's why lot's of people (who don't actually play her much) want flight so badly: she doesn't have a gimmick, or at least the gimmick they want. She plays pretty low key, mostly leveraging her stats and passive ability, and I think a lot of people reckon that's boring. Even Turbulence and Tornado are basically there to manage enemies while you continue to play largely the same as you usually do.

The other issue is that she has trouble with corrupted mods. Fleeting Expertise is problematic with all her abilities, but particularly Tailwind, and if you bring in Narrow Minded to counteract that you gimp both Turbulence and Tornado. In the world of min-maxing to the extreme that's a problem, but in terms of design that's exactly the kind of dilemma they're trying to make, so that tradeoffs will be actual tradeoffs.

But yeah, they need to up the skybox for some tiles. I get why they lowered on the Ceres defence/interception tile, but it's just too irritating trying to fly across the frozen dam tile only to be kicked back to where you started just because your angle's slightly too steep.

turning tornadoes into a channeled ability would  allow you full control of how long you let the tornadoes wander, would allow you to reset them on command so you could change their elements if need be, remove them on command when they are less useful than you had expected and gain efficiency from the duration stat. it would have to retain its initial cast time largely to keep the skill at least reasonably balanced, but making it a chanelled skill would let you cast it for less to start out and feed it with energy pickups as you find them if you're in one area for a while.

Meh. Tornado should just become Hurricane. Or make tornado the 3rd and Hurricane 4th.

Need a CC and Damaging ability for a Wind Frame. 

Hurricane occasionally (25%) staggers, knocks down or lifts up. 25m range but effective range is 10-25m. Within 10m is the Eye of the Storm (Everything is normal) Increasing range increases the eye by lets say 25%. 

Deals heavy slash damage. Can proc Slash.

Slows down projectiles and enemy movement speed by 25% against the wind. Speeds up projectiles and enemy movement speed with the wind.

Reduces the accuracy of hitscan. 

Channeled ability.

Enemies can't use CC/knockdown abilities while in the hurricane. 

When cast all enemies within 10m are blown back.

The drawback.. well your projectiles and hitscan weapons suffer the same slowdown and accuracy drop. 

Ya know what i want? 2 new abilitys for her (i don't care about flight or something completely different) and the old tornados back.

I remember playing her back in my beginner days where a tornado, no kidding, reached from bottom to top of eris dark secro defense. They were picked up, stayed in there for a while and were ejected then. Got a tonkor recently and thought hey, caught enemys plus big radial damage is a great combinations but nah..they became small useless status dealers that instantly eject enemys, just to scatter them and making the status useless in the same step as they're cured the moment you reach them...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108