Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe To Craft First?

Fuizaki

Question

I'm new to the game. Just about 1 week ago i started play this game. Someone in-game suggested me to create new warframe for beginning. He told me that Rhino will do good at earlier game. But I think Excalibur might to much better, no? Well I'm just having fun with Excalibur's wave attack xD And he told me Rhino is good at tank. I usually play solo.. so what do you guys think?? Or are there any warframe which is much more better Rhino or Excalibur that can easily crafted at beginning for solo.

22 answers to this question

Whichever one floats your boat (/coughHydroid/cough).

Rhino is very easy to get and a superb 'frame for farming mats to build stuff. He's not a bad way to go early on.

Valkyr is somewhat more difficult to get, but not terribly so. However, to really bring out the best in Valky you need serious mod depth. You won't have that as a new player. She depends heavily on rare, NM, corrupted, and 10 rank mods. Be warned.

Nothing wrong with "Cal, of course. I'd still say just pick something that looks like fun and work towards that.

Valkyr, once you get to Jupiter. Probably the best frame for new players and still pretty great for endgame.

I just don't feel safe in suggesting valkyr to a new player.

OP, if you shove enough love into ANY warframe you will make it good for pretty much 99% of any content.

Warframe is really about trying new stuff. As a short-term objective go and try to grab rhino. Build him, try it out. Inform yourself on the warframes and how they play via youtube or wikia and in no time you will find yourself wanting to craft that particular warframe that tickles your fancy.

Yes, valkyr is a good solo frame. So are warframes that can go invisible (Loki, Ash, Ivara) but in general you won't have much issues adapting whatever you have to any situation if you are creative enough.

Venus - Rhino: Strong, Durable for early game.

Mars - Mag: Excellent for dealing with almost all Corpus enemies.

Jupiter - Vakyr: Strong, Durable, Fast, [screaming Intensifies]

Saturn - Ember: Very Powerful, but also very fragile. Fire Mage Frame

It all depends on your playstyle.

Here's the thing....

As you play and experience the game you are going to build most (all) of them. If for no other reason than to raise your Mastery Rank to get at better weapons.

Most play a bit differently from each other so they'll offer different experiences.

My personal advice would be that you buy/acquire the slots to allow you to keep your current frame(s). As that will also keep you flexible long term in regard to what's available to you.

As to what you should build?  No clue. You haven't cited a desired gameplay preference and if you go with the game long-term you are going to build each of them regardless.

Simple Dimple, Out-of-the Box effective in regular star chart?  Any of them.

High level and endless content? Mods and Mileage will vary.

Build what you have the mats and space for.

I stuck with excal up until mastery 8 soloing everything but void. I then built a Loki and frost I can now solo anything but void defense. I have just begun to build my collection of frames now I have the mods too! My advice would be stick with excal and mod him up but then I'm very bias as excal is so beastly for my playstyle

I stuck with excal up until mastery 8 soloing everything but void. I then built a Loki and frost I can now solo anything but void defense. I have just begun to build my collection of frames now I have the mods too! My advice would be stick with excal and mod him up but then I'm very bias as excal is so beastly for my playstyle

My advice would be to spend your starter plat on getting at least one more warframe slot so that you can keep Excal and get more frames to try out.  If you decide to sell Excal, you can always farm him again, but be warned that his parts don't drop until well into the game, so you'll be waiting a while to get the chance to get him back if you want to.

If you wanna see a preview of the frames and their abilities in action, check out the Warframe profile videos on the home page, it covers all skills and shows a video on each. It's a nice way to gauge a frame by how the abilities are used.

That being said, any frame can be just as good as the others with enough time put into it. I've worked on my Ivara and Nyx for a LONG time. They're both at the best spot I could put them at.

And as stated before, try and get some plat (either trading once you hit Mastery Rank 2, or buying some) and get some slots! I personally have all frames and/or their prime variants (you'll get those when you start farming the void). It's always nice to have a selection of frames to be ready for anything. Mostly keeping a stealth frame (Loki/Ivara/Ash) a general solo frame (Valkyr/Rhino), and a support frame for groups (Oberon/Trinity) on hand will keep you prepared for any situation or role you'll need to fill. Good Luck, and hope you enjoy the game!

Frost. You won't go wrong with him :)

Frost is dropped from Lt. Lech Kril on Ceres. A new player is not going to have access to Ceres.

Valkyr is somewhat more difficult to get, but not terribly so. However, to really bring out the best in Valky you need serious mod depth. You won't have that as a new player. She depends heavily on rare, NM, corrupted, and 10 rank mods. Be warned.

This.

Excalibur and Rhino are both very friendly to new players. Excalibur has good damage output with Exalted Blade and a crowd control option with Radial Blind. Rhino's Iron Skin is very difficult for enemies to burn through in the early and mid Star Chart, and Rhino Stomp provides a crowd control option (with passable damage at low levels).

Yeah, wait for Nyx or grab Mag when you get the chance - Excal's an amazing frame that (properly modded of course) is viable forever.  If you're just going for mastery, then yeah - grab Rhino.  If you do decide to farm Rhino, keep farming him until the mod Ruinous Extension drops.  Your future Atomos will thank you :)

Yeah, if I had to keep only three, those would probably be it.  It'd be a really hard choice, but, yeah.  Loki and Frost are a little hard to grab for a new guy though.

Oh, OP - when things start killing you faster than you can kill them with Exalted Blade, Radial Blind is your best friend.

1 hour ago, (PSN)bnebeko said:

Everyone is telling me to make rhino first but plastids where realy hard to get from phobos. And the other plantes that have plastids are far away. Are there any other frames that we can get in early game.

All the assassination node will drop bp for 1 frame those are pretty much the easiest to get with some varying level of difficulty. Look on the wiki for which one drop from which boss and check the crafting mats required.

As others have mention you probably will want to pick all of them up at some point for the mastery and also to use with helminth when you have it unlocked and start to have excess of most resources

Edited by smashedwookie

I wouldn't advise any frames that rely on energy to be useful like Ember and Mag. If you're starting out then rhino is a good option. He's boring as hell (opinion), but great for starting your game with. You will pick up new frames when you complete a new planet as every boss will drop blueprints for a new frame. I'm trying to think back on which frame I built first, but I cannot remember. I recall my friend having a hard time crafting Rhino because of the materials were a bit further into the star chart. If you cannot build a frame due to the materials, just keep playing. You'll get there eventually. There is no time limit in this game to unlock these things. Do it at your leisure.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

nekrosing a 5 year old topic 

It was on-topic, and not directly addressing people who may have long quit the game since, so it gets a pass in my book.

20 hours ago, (PSN)bnebeko said:

Everyone is telling me to make rhino first but plastids where realy hard to get from phobos. And the other plantes that have plastids are far away.

FWIW, you can try and get a quick taxi to a decent farming spot.

Ask in your Clan Chat (BTW join a Clan if you haven't), any Clan worth being in should be happy to help you out there.

20 hours ago, (PSN)bnebeko said:

Are there any other frames that we can get in early game.

I'd say farm your butt off for Oberon parts while you still can get them from Eximus units
(stick around in endless missions, e.g. Excavation has been quite fruitful for me in this regard).

He's a fantastically versatile Frame, and is craftable potentially before even reaching Ceres,
but thanks to a very questionable decision on DE's part, he [on PC, already was, and on consoles] will be
moved to (highest-tier) Railjack missions with the next update (today), so try to get all the parts before that.

Besides Broberon, check out the Clan Research (Tenno Lab in particular), there's a bunch of Frames you can just grab there
(e.g. Wukong / Nezha / Volt are again nicely versatile Frames) though they'll have similar issues with resources as Rhino, I'm afraid.