Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wrong Face In Transmissions (and other Operator appearance bugs)

Katinka

z7kCiQW.jpg

On the left is my operator (with a slight photo-bombing by my kubrow, Ray).  On the right is some imposter that occasionally pops up.

Here's a larger shot of my operator on board the liset to confirm what she's supposed to look like:

Spoiler

Wl1lGwz.jpg?1

Edited by Katinka

Ha ha!  I did say it's a larger shot... ;P

I was messing around with NVidia's option to double resolution.  It makes objects in the game noticeably smoother edged but also screws with the UI overlays.  Plus any changes to options made using NVidia GeForce Experience will set all volume to maximum, delete favourite colours & unequip all gear so a little inconvenient.

• 1 month later...

This is still happening.  Some transmissions use the correct face while others don't.

Edit:  After a suggestion from Design Council chat I tried switching to a different face to see if it was still happening and it did.  Half the transmissions still came from that same incorrect face instead of the new one I chose.

Edited by Katinka
Update after testing a different face.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2016 at 10:13 PM, Sajmonaki said:

Same here. Only first transmission had correct face. I hope DE fix this soon ;-;

Sorry to hear you have the same issue but thank you for letting me know I'm not alone!  I was beginning to think I might be going crazy and the only one who sees this!

Edited by Katinka

I have the same issue. It's not a big deal but sometimes my eyes glance to the transmission and a stranger looks back at me.

Here are some screenshots:

.eJwNyFEOgyAMANC7cAAoxU7xc2fYBQiSaqKUQP0

Left is my operator as she should look - right is the stranger

Fingers crossed for a fix in the next patch.

Yes, it also happens to my Tennokid. As it is right now, any face you choose will revert to the gender's default face after the first transmission. This bug existed since U18, and it's really weird that it's still not fixed.

But I want to add something else - they said that the Operators received "new detail in facial expressions".

I didn't see any difference. And I really, really tried.

yeah have this problem too, after first transmission the face reverts to default. happens regardless if im solo or host.

17 hours ago, AlekVen said:

Yes, it also happens to my Tennokid. As it is right now, any face you choose will revert to the gender's default face after the first transmission. This bug existed since U18, and it's really weird that it's still not fixed.

But I want to add something else - they said that the Operators received "new detail in facial expressions".

I didn't see any difference. And I really, really tried.

yeah they're in just a little hard to notice.

26 minutes ago, Zedvick_the_Defiant said:

Saw this thread before sleeping. Either that thing gonna give me nightmares or sleep is out of the agenda.

I hope you aren't referring to my operator as 'that thing'...

4 hours ago, Rounpositron said:

How do you get those transmissions?

Short answer: Complete Second dream quest and make sure you've not turned off operator transmissions in your options.

Long answer: Complete Vor's Prize quest, reach Mastery Rank 2 and pass the test, complete The Archwing quest, reach Mastery Rank 3 and pass the test, go to Uranus to scan an Occulyst, complete Natah quest, complete Second dream quest and make sure you've not turned off operator transmissions in your options.

I think what's happening is the popup is losing the handle for your Operator face setting and falling back to Face number 1 (Codewise "Face = 0" I guess?).

Anywho... same thing happens to me occasionally.
operator_face_glitch.png

Edited by holyicon

5 hours ago, holyicon said:

I think what's happening is the popup is losing the handle for your Operator face setting and falling back to Face number 1 (Codewise "Face = 0" I guess?).

That would be my hypothesis but the problem pre-dates update 18.5 since this thread was started during 18.2.4.  It may even have been an unnoticed issue since 18, when the operators were introduced.  Nice composite picture to display the problem though.

Edited by Katinka

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

That would be my hypothesis but the problem pre-dates update 18.5 since this thread was started during 18.2.4.  It may even have been an unnoticed issue since 18, when the operators were introduced.  Nice composite picture to display the problem though.

yeah I noticed it a week after the second dream launched. so its been around awhile. thought it would be fixed by now...

but the thing I find weird is it seems to only affect some users. none of my friends seem to be affected yet ive been having this issue for a few months.

Edited by McDuffMan