Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Endgame Content Concept] Smuggler's Refuge || Version 7.0 || The Road to Completion, Part 1 - Help Wanted~!

MissMarifire

you need a cosmetics merchant in said bar, someone who can take prisma armor off of baro's drops tables, it was always gut wrenching to see him bring armor instead of a primed mod. Said person also bringing skins would be more than nice as well, maybe even on sale or exclusive color palates. 

you need a cosmetics merchant in said bar, someone who can take prisma armor off of baro's drops tables, it was always gut wrenching to see him bring armor instead of a primed mod. Said person also bringing skins would be more than nice as well, maybe even on sale or exclusive color palates. 

My question is, however: Should the Mara Trader sell them, as opposed to the original intent of her selling both cosmetics and weapons of the Mara variety? Or, perhaps, there'll be a third trader, so that Baro Ki'Teer can sell Prisma weaponry and his pool of primed mods, the Mara Trader can sell Mara weaponry and her pool of mods, and the supposed third trader will sell Prisma/Mara/Prime cosmetics?

I do like the idea of them bringing new skins or trader-exclusive color palettes as well; it could give players more opportunities to potentially get cosmetics for free.

Edited by MissMarifire

My question is, however: Should the Mara Trader sell them, as opposed to the original intent of her selling both cosmetics and weapons of the Mara variety? Or, perhaps, there'll be a third trader, so that Baro Ki'Teer can sell Prisma weaponry and his pool of primed mods, the Mara Trader can sell Mara weaponry and her pool of mods, and the supposed third trader will sell Prisma/Mara/Prime cosmetics?

I do like the idea of them bringing new skins or trader-exclusive color palettes as well; it could give players more opportunities to potentially get cosmetics for free.

tbh i don't think a 2nd baro trype trader would be good, A new type of weponry would be cool, but i think said trader (mara) should show every week with a smaller, inventory of non gameplay changing items. The original reason i wanted to see a 2nd trader was so that everything baro sold would/could impact gameplay. The common trader and the power trader. 

This is a concept I enjoy greatly. There could even be an addition of questlines, such as rescuing the band, and then going on sabotage missions to go and get their instruments, and perhaps spy missions to go get some of their music back. This has the potential to be such a huge addition, so I'll definitely be hoping and vying for something like this

tbh i don't think a 2nd baro trype trader would be good, A new type of weponry would be cool, but i think said trader (mara) should show every week with a smaller, inventory of non gameplay changing items. The original reason i wanted to see a 2nd trader was so that everything baro sold would/could impact gameplay. The common trader and the power trader. 

Perhaps the Mara trader could bring mostly cosmetics, with one or two weapons on the side? I do like the general idea of two different traders for game-impacting and not game-impacting items.

Loving the first concept of Zeribus looks like a bar runner to me. Plus one I like it!

This is a concept I enjoy greatly. There could even be an addition of questlines, such as rescuing the band, and then going on sabotage missions to go and get their instruments, and perhaps spy missions to go get some of their music back. This has the potential to be such a huge addition, so I'll definitely be hoping and vying for something like this

Thank you both!

---

The concept has been updated! There's now a potential list of items that the Mara trader will bring during her visits, as well as information on Arena Tournaments!

tumblr_o2yg32r0CK1ujyzt4o1_1280.png

Figuring something out with the Mara trader. Not exactly what I want out of her (e.x. looks too combat-oriented even with the gratuitous amount of bags and pockets on her), but considering the little we know about "Mara" items, it's a bit of a basic look for her for now.

Also, capes! There's two versions of the first one, one that's less pronounced in the arm/leg guards and one that's more pronounced.

tumblr_o2z2y0d1Wp1ujyzt4o1_540.png

tumblr_inline_o2z43nkJK51r4rycp_540.png

tumblr_o2z2y0d1Wp1ujyzt4o2_540.png

Edited by MissMarifire
Added another addition.

• 3 weeks later...

So, it's been a while! A lot of personal junk got in the way recently, so I haven't gotten the time to make any progress. HOWEVER! Over the course of the next couple weeks I'm going to work on some things related to quests. Do you guys have any suggestions?

20 hours ago, vibidi said:

Not quest related but some example colours on the Metyas armour would be really cool :3

BMW2sKM.png

I really had a higher priority on writing than designs at the moment, but I figured it'd be something until then. I'll redraw it again once quests are finished.

Speaking of quests...

How would it sound to have weapons as rewards for them? Or, though I'm probably not going to do but might as well mention, maybe a quest related to a new warframe? Also, I've got a few ideas as to what the quests will be about:

•A quest related to Zeribus Ved, involving something about his past. Considering he was once a notorious druglord in the system, maybe a past rival wanting him killed in cold blood? Or, perhaps the Corpus themselves searching for him to pay for his crimes?

•Something related to the Cantina itself, maybe as a prerequisite to enter the arena? Maybe Ved could use more arena fodder and sends you off to capture more for him, or perhaps intel shows of a Corpus storage ship holding many proxies that he'd love to get his hands on.

•A quest related to the Mara trader, something about delving into some Orokin wreckage for Mara weaponry/armor, uncovering a bit of the earliest history of the Corpus? Maybe something between her, Baro and Maroo.

•A quest related to Nevdrus, perbaps something about rescuing them like before?

Edited by MissMarifire
Added more info.

11 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

•A quest related to Zeribus Ved, involving something about his past. Considering he was once a notorious druglord in the system, maybe a past rival wanting him killed in cold blood? Or, perhaps the Corpus themselves searching for him to pay for his crimes?

•Something related to the Cantina itself, maybe as a prerequisite to enter the arena? Maybe Ved could use more arena fodder and sends you off to capture more for him, or perhaps intel shows of a Corpus storage ship holding many proxies that he'd love to get his hands on.

•A quest related to the Mara trader, something about delving into some Orokin wreckage for Mara weaponry/armor, uncovering a bit of the earliest history of the Corpus? Maybe something between her, Baro and Maroo.

•A quest related to Nevdrus, perbaps something about rescuing them like before?

• Tenno would need a good reason to support him if the rival or Corpus put a high price on his head- for all our talk of honour, we're really more like hired mercenaries than protectors of the system.
  • Would be interesting to see how this would play out. There's the mechanic for capture missions and the mechanic for synthesis targets- I assume it'd be more like the former? Maybe some kind of mix between capture and survival, where enemies spawn endlessly and instead of surviving to a certain time you have to capture a certain number of the target before heading to extraction. Maybe numbers depending on how common the enemy is, kind of like the new Inaros quest? Ex. if it's chargers you need ten, if it's ancient disruptors you need five, if it's an ancient healer caustic eximus you need two. Either way, lots of neat possibilities on this one. 
  • Makes me think of the Orokin crash/debris you can find on cold Corpus land tilesets. Having a quest where you fight alongside Maroo (like the Clem quests) would be great. We need more Maroo!
  • A rescue still seems the most plausible, given the shenanigans they're liable to get into. Having to save all of them in one quest would be an interesting possibility, albeit a bit of a clusterfuck compared to doing it one by one. Might make it easier to give them banter for characterization though.

What about a quest where a archeologist needs help from the tenno to excavate some really old ruins (we're talking when they were still colonising the system here) so he can get at some weapon artifacts and scan the remains (as you can tell a lot about a civilization by the weapons they carry).

However curious sentient scouts have dug in there and it's esspecially deep.

As a reward for completing the quest you could either get the weapon bp for the weapon you dug up (after the guy refurbished and reconstructed it of course) or he could give you catalysts, and you could maybe buy the weapon bp in the market.

What do you think?

9 hours ago, vibidi said:
  • Tenno would need a good reason to support him if the rival or Corpus put a high price on his head- for all our talk of honour, we're really more like hired mercenaries than protectors of the system.
  • Would be interesting to see how this would play out. There's the mechanic for capture missions and the mechanic for synthesis targets- I assume it'd be more like the former? Maybe some kind of mix between capture and survival, where enemies spawn endlessly and instead of surviving to a certain time you have to capture a certain number of the target before heading to extraction. Maybe numbers depending on how common the enemy is, kind of like the new Inaros quest? Ex. if it's chargers you need ten, if it's ancient disruptors you need five, if it's an ancient healer caustic eximus you need two. Either way, lots of neat possibilities on this one. 
  • Makes me think of the Orokin crash/debris you can find on cold Corpus land tilesets. Having a quest where you fight alongside Maroo (like the Clem quests) would be great. We need more Maroo!
  • A rescue still seems the most plausible, given the shenanigans they're liable to get into. Having to save all of them in one quest would be an interesting possibility, albeit a bit of a clusterfuck compared to doing it one by one. Might make it easier to give them banter for characterization though.

•That does sound like something that I need to think about. Perhaps he has intel that the Lotus wants for whatever reason, or maybe he could give us knowledge on a weapons or credit cache that we could delve into if he gave us the coordinates.

•Yeah, I love how you described that. That's absolutely perfect.

•More Maroo involvment would be good, especially considering lorewise how much more similar she is to Mara: They're treasure hunters, among other things.

•My only complaint with the idea though was that it was used before in the previous revision of the concept, and people disliked the idea of saving each and every single member in a separate mission, saying that despite how there'd be various amounts of banter the mission itself would be tedious.

8 hours ago, (XB1)gnashermaster97 said:

What about a quest where a archeologist needs help from the tenno to excavate some really old ruins (we're talking when they were still colonising the system here) so he can get at some weapon artifacts and scan the remains (as you can tell a lot about a civilization by the weapons they carry).

However curious sentient scouts have dug in there and it's esspecially deep.

As a reward for completing the quest you could either get the weapon bp for the weapon you dug up (after the guy refurbished and reconstructed it of course) or he could give you catalysts, and you could maybe buy the weapon bp in the market.

What do you think?

It sounds good, except for one thing. How will he fit in the Cantina? Considering what Zeribus Ved and Nevdrus does (Ved giving bounties and Nevdrus giving odds and ends to the Tenno) Im not too sure as to how he'd fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my absence, some pretty awful events in my life have been getting in the way. Along with the quests, I am going to rewrite the concept once again. My questions for everyone are:

What do you feel is the biggest overall change needed for the next draft of the Tenno Cantina?

What large portion of the Tenno Cantina needs the most amount of changes, and how should they be changed? 

What do you feel should be added, removed, elaborated, or condensed in the next draft?

Art, for now, is temporarily on hiatus, and will not have any updates for the next two to three weeks. This is unless another artist wishes to create art for the concept. Speaking of art, if you are an artist and you want to make art for the concept, I say go for it! I highly recommend and encourage other artists to help with the concept, since this is a very big concept after all.

• 2 months later...

I've been playing other games, namely Wildstar and Fallout: New Vegas, and it has got me thinking a bit on what could be added into this concept. Perhaps there could be a couple NPCs that you could play some sort of cardgame-esque minigames with you, similar to Caravan in New Vegas? Of course, it would take time to determine what these minigames could be, but you could get prizes for winning a certain amount of times. Of course, similar to that of another concept of mine, these prizes will not affect the overall flow of the gameplay, and are merely trophies.

• 1 month later...

I've finished updating the current thread. Over time I'll be adding art, but for now, feel free to look at the previous concepts or look at the art thread.

Adding onto this, perhaps there could be a sort of thing in the Virtuous Star that allows the Tenno to play minigames, and it would show the high scores for each game?

Edited by MissMarifire

You know, I think you've got this concept back on the right track.

Three bands instead of one, a Corpus ship that can visit relays on rotation (when Baro is away), and optional jobs for much needed credits (for a vast majority of players) sounds like a really good starting point.

For some reason, when I thought of the Grineer band this came to mind. Skip to the 1:38 mark:

Spoiler

I'm not sure what a Tenno band would look like, and whatever happens in the War Within might have a lot to say about it. (Tenno up and about, etc.). 

Overall, there's plenty of room in the concept to add a needed spark of life to the game, and situating it at a relay avoids the need to justify its existence based on gameplay and mechanics primarily (which I think would be more important if this was tied to a questline or event).

Zeribus seems like he'd get along great with Darvo, like they might have a similar sense of humor. Then there's also a bit of fun to be had with the company that made his cargo ship: what if it was owned by F. Bek? It'd come up in a fun thorn-in-his-side kind of way, perhaps, and be all the more annoying if he was cool with Darvo and other smuggler types.

Not sure how I feel about all the details, but overall, I like it.

7 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

You know, I think you've got this concept back on the right track.

Three bands instead of one, a Corpus ship that can visit relays on rotation (when Baro is away), and optional jobs for much needed credits (for a vast majority of players) sounds like a really good starting point.

For some reason, when I thought of the Grineer band this came to mind. Skip to the 1:38 mark:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure what a Tenno band would look like, and whatever happens in the War Within might have a lot to say about it. (Tenno up and about, etc.). 

Overall, there's plenty of room in the concept to add a needed spark of life to the game, and situating it at a relay avoids the need to justify its existence based on gameplay and mechanics primarily (which I think would be more important if this was tied to a questline or event).

Zeribus seems like he'd get along great with Darvo, like they might have a similar sense of humor. Then there's also a bit of fun to be had with the company that made his cargo ship: what if it was owned by F. Bek? It'd come up in a fun thorn-in-his-side kind of way, perhaps, and be all the more annoying if he was cool with Darvo and other smuggler types.

Not sure how I feel about all the details, but overall, I like it.

I think so, too. It feels a lot less like a drag and more of a pleasure to do again.

I remember hearing that song, actually! Wasn't it in that one part of the Force Awakens? Either way, I could potentially see the Grineer band playing something similar to that.

I'll probably have to wait until War Within comes out to start working on Lares, since I'm unsure as to whether or not if it's going to be actual Tenno, or just the operatives we see in the relays and in rescue missions. Nonetheless, I'll try to give them as much personality as the other two.

Perhaps to kick things off, and tie your other idea in, perhaps Darvo sends a message to the Tenno, telling them that a friend of theirs (who just so happened to be Zeribus) had their ship taken back by Frohd Bek and that they've been imprisoned, and it was up to the Tenno to save them? Cue hijack mission to get the ship back and a rescue mission to save Zeribus.