Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

Disclaimer, Please keep the discussion civil, debate but do not spit out slurs and denounce other players. The goal make it so that DE reads what we feel about this. If we get this post locked our efforts will mean nothing.Eb4imDH.gif

Look at this image, ladies and gentlemen. This is a response to "less grind"

I have been playing this game since u9 on this account. And while I have loved this game to death, I almost feel like I am treated like a child when it comes to stances. We as a community always demand less grind, which in turn they do so, then they pull off stuff like this. I have grinded banshee on defense, from frost prime to glaive prime and all those ridiculously rare parts but never have I seen such an obscene amount of pointless rarity for stances.

You cant hype a weapon for over 4 months, then release the stance for the weapon making it on the rarest tier in the game. From gaia's tragedy on release to Vengeful revenant to now. A less than a 1% drop rate on an enemy that barely spawns. If you want to know why melee only is not the most popular play style, this is why. Few people even own vermillion storm, now you are putting it along side the rapier stance in rarity? The community has been so salty about this drop rate and yet you still put it in the rarest category in the game?

Its honestly pointless time consuming, the sorties, the focuses were a great step in the right direction with grind that leads to decent reward or at least entertainment. But these stance drops are just plain obscene. I would rather have all stances be purchasable and market only for 50p a pop than to deal with such abysmal drop rates.

I will end my post in criticism. Your drops for stances need to increase. Or players need to be able to obtain these stances via market, weapon usage/mastery w/ challenges or syndicates. Because this is just the apex of what I and many other beloved players can handle at this point. If you guys want your players to spend 1000 plat a pop for an item, make it a powerful item, like arcanes not a stance, an item that is vital for melee viability.

We are now at the point where the main selling point of melee 2.0 is to rob the playerbase of all of their plats. 

EDIT 1:

Theres an argument going around that "well its in a bundle thus the price will dramatically decrease, so it wont be 800p in trade" Well okay, great, whats going to stop DE from raising the price of their packs, so they can make more cash? Capitalism may be the best system we can think of so far, but it's far from perfect.

EDIT 2:

In response to a very awesome dude

I think DE should step forth an explain themselves for this. I see staff like @[DE]Rebecca who seem to understand fully what the player interpretation of a situation is allow such a thing. Ovbs she does not handle the drop tables, but it would be nice  if that guy who manages the drop tables had a basic understanding of the scale, as to how rare this mod actually is. In addition I believe that we should all get this stance as compensation, a lot of people here are valued paying customers and yet we keep getting milked for every penny.

DE when you release good content I pay money. Thats why I spent 60$ on the misa prime, because i was satisfied with the game and I wanted to pitch in. But because you introduced these business practices, this just incentivizes me to not fund your game anymore. Put simply decisions like this that create problems that were stated to be fixed like the grind, get worsened people dont want to pay plat anymore unless they stockpiled from a time when your buisness practice was actually fair. 

All you did with this bundle was mess up the market, people are selling a 20p stance for 150p. People I beg you to vote with your wallets, and not buy into this stuff.

Listen to the community please!

Counter Arguement:

A lot of people are saying that, we are complaining about a stance that just released and how we want content NOW all the time, and that the heavy grind is required in some areas.

Keep in mind I, and many of the people who support this post, dont mind grind in warframe. If anything they embrace it and deal with it. The issue here is principle, by principle the only reason why this stance exists is to sell more rapier packs and to force people to spend platinum. I dont mind the rapier stance being rare, but people fail to understand the scale as to how rare this actually is.

Since vermilion storm, is in the same drop table we can make a comparison. How long was vermilion storm out? 4 months? What if I told you there is only one reported case of an individual getting this stances via the drop. Check the wiki, someone actually got it legit. In the span of four months in a game that has 25k players constantly playing on steam, and is one of the top games on steam all of these people playing for 4 months and you mean to tell me that there is only one account with images of a person who obtained the stance legitimately. Remember this is the only rapier stance in the game, unlike the other rare stances that have cheaper alternatives.

This is not rare, this is not super rare, this is extinct. This is literally Team of the year, hero, informed Christiano ronaldo rare.

Actually since the number that is floating around is like what 0.008% chance. I trust DEmonkey, so I will stick to this value. Thats a 1/12500 chance. A warframe stream on twitch averages to 8000-9500 players. Thats right, you have a higher chance, of getting primed chamber from a twitch raffle in a devstream than to get this mod. If you look at it this way, dont you think that this mod is a tad too rare? It's nowhere near PC's value and yet here we are mathematically proving that this is even rarer than PC. Sure you can attempt the boss more than 1 time, but just look at that fraction, its ridiculous.

There is not problem with rare content that is virtually unobtainable, the question is rare content. People say that the market value will go down because circulation, but thats considering if people get the mod legit, and looking at the only 1 case of player who got Vermillion storm legit, in the span for 4+ months. I have to be quite skeptical about that, If anything the price is going to shoot up to the maximum possible value that the market can obtain.

There is also a statement that DE does not have to compensate us. And that is true I was a little salty when i wrote that. But no company should ever get away with something like this and thus we as consumers should punish the company using our wallets, to spend out cash on other things.

A rare item should not be an obligatory item. A player should still be able to play well without the rare item. A rare item should give a player great power and a tad of individuality. But stances are vital in most melee play even in mid tier content, and because of this I refuse to support it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

So I just logged on, started building the new Rapier (which looks great) and then checked the codex to see where the stance drops. 

Welp...

I guess it's gonna be a market seller ain't it?

(It drops from Manic Bombards and their Drekar variant.) 

Edit: Nevermind, they added bundle with stance on market like they should have long ago, all is well. 

They learned from Mios, thank the gods. 

Bundle is something I would actually consider. Stance, plus weapon, plus I'm sure catalyst and slot, along with 7 day affinity booster. Hmm... really considering buying this. 

I really appreciate the option to just be able to reliably get the stance on the market for a reasonable plat price, instead of farming forever or being gouged on trade chat for items like this. 

This will also prevent price gougers who farm it, as no one can possibly say the stance is worth a ridiculous amount of plat, since you can get it on the market for 220p + the weapon, slot, catalyst and booster. 

Edited by Tesseract7777