Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

I wonder how many people, after complaining about the low drop rate, finally get it and then head straight back to the forum to call the weapon 'pointless MR fodder'.

You know you don't 'need' the stance to use the weapon. 

If the drop rates are as bad as you say, you could just forma the weapon a couple times instead and get your 10 mod points back that way. 

I think it's perfectly fine for DE to release a weapon which is exclusive and has ultra rare drops.

This extends the life of the weapon.

For players who want everything right away but who don't ever pay a cent towards or even play the game to earn it, why should DE care about you ?

So has anyone tried farming for it yet ?

Are we 100% sure the drop rate hasn't been increased ?

DE play with drop %'s all the time. 

You might be swimming in them after a standard Tyl Regor / Equinox farming excursion. 

Mods have set droprates as outlined on the wiki (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods_2.0), these are standard drop rates across all enemies in the game.

Yep i have. In my mods section. R.I.P steady hands, power throw and 3m credits. Still haven't got it :/

Sucks, I saw you ask if it was transmutable and got it after a few tries.

Edited by DeMonkey

>completely broken

>feels rushed

Have you tried it? I was able to run 35 minutes going melee only with it on a MIRAGE. Any weapon that can do that is just fine in my books. If you want to complain about things completely broken in a bad way, go complain about the Tonkor. The only bad thing about this weapon is the stance farming.

I farm syndicate rep and sell the guns. This is the fastest way I found to farm stuff. I'll probably just buy the stuff straight out of the market. I don't even like the stance mods to be honest I am just collecting stuff to have it. Not worth it.

0.021 drop chance? Really? Wow. I typed other stuff but I deleted it before posting.

I wonder how many people, after complaining about the low drop rate, finally get it and then head straight back to the forum to call the weapon 'pointless MR fodder'.

If the drop rates are as bad as you say, you could just forma the weapon a couple times instead and get your 10 mod points back that way. 

I think it's perfectly fine for DE to release a weapon which is exclusive and has ultra rare drops.

For players who want everything right away but who don't ever pay a cent towards or even play the game to earn it, why should DE care about you ?

A few things-

This weapon is definitely not mastery fodder. Somewhere around 70 damage, 20% crit, 2x damage. So yeah, pretty decent piece of gear.

The stance is a big part of the weapon. It's not just an extra 10 points for modding, its combos, and a style of weapon usage. If this was a utility mod, that just gave the weapon some situationally useful ability, then its rarity would be acceptable. But this rarity for a stance? No way.

"For players who want everything right away but who don't ever pay a cent towards or even play the game to earn it, why should DE care about you?"

This argument is absolutely ridiculous. No one here wants the stance to drop every time you kill a manic bombard. Plenty of people here play the game for a crap-load of hours, only to be constantly hit with grindwalls.

"But you never support the game"- I, and many others, have spent a decent amount of cash on this game. In many cases, the amount we spend far exceeds the amount we pay for any other 60 dollar title. These other 60 dollar titles don't have 0.021% drop rates, they don't constantly push me to spend even more money, and they don't force me to sit through freemium bs like a limited inventory capacity, or build times on items, or caps on daily system gains.

So let me ask you a question: With all of these other titles out there, that give me the same amount of fun in less time, for less effort, and for less money, why should I care about Warframe?

''Finally get it''

Tell me Sh0ck-Wave, how many people have you seen coming to the forums and calling the Venka/Ripkas mastery fodder after farming hours for Vermillion Storm? None you say? Is that because no one's managed to actually farm for Vermillion Storm (and we all bought it from Baro) or because you're just talking out your butt?

If it is because no one's actually managed to farm for Vermillion Storm then consider that Vermillion Storm and Vulpine Mask now have even less of a drop chance than before. That's a really really bad droprate.

If it's just you talking out your butt and nobody actually comes to the forums and complains about mastery fodder after spending weeks farming for a stance... would you kindly stop?

Sucks, I saw you ask if it was transmutable and got it after a few tries.

Yeah.... oh well, at least i got some elemental jumps, some adhesive blasts, concealed explosives, tons'o random mods and every possible rare stance for every possible kind of melee weapon (except rapier). Things i've totally needed! (not). But yeah, if you seem to miss any random stance mod except for rapier, you know who to contact...

Maybe baro will show mercy with us and brings the mod....after 6 months.

I guess some players will farm it eventually.

Others will pay money for it.

I personally will pretend it doesn't exist. Can't justify buying it (sends wrong message to DE). Can't justify the time it would take to farm for it. So it doesn't exist. 

You wanna know how you kill a game, this is how. After the grind I dealt with getting the Day and Night Aspect (each needing a Helmet, Chassis, and Systems) to create Equinox, no...I'm not killing myself AGAIN for your senselessness(I have another word, but I'll be nice). The unnecessary grind for this stance is beyond reprehensible. You'll make cash for 13-24 year old Tenno who don't know how to manage their money yet, but keep at this and you guys will eventually lose the players that made you where you guys are today. Eureka.SeveN is on the money on this and I really want you guys to reconsider your model.

Actually, play the game with me, [DE]Staff. Grind for this stance mod with me. I'd be more curious to see how long you last than I ever will trying to get this stance.

I would have to agree with the OP on this.

For those who might have missed my other post today, I quit during Tubemen back in May partially because of this, and because of how sick to death I am of stupid Argon Crystals being required in everything. And what happens tonight in the middle of The Strange quest?

"HOPE YOU LIKE ANOTHER RECIPE THAT REQUIRES ARGON CRYSTALS LOLOLOLOL"

...sigh. So okay fine, I do a T4 Exterminate hunting down every single crate and locker because "supposedly" it drops better in higher tiers, and "supposedly" drops better from crates and lockers...... 0 Argon. Really?

I remember the days of my friend saying "We gotta farm _____ because it drops _____ stance" and I'm like "......again?"

To be honest, the stances might as well not even exist. Half of the time they have the wrong polarity for the weapons they are intended for (lel), and the drop rates are just ridiculously horrible.

Did they seriously ask why the Melee Only playstyle is not very popular? haha. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Edited by Xylia

''Finally get it''

Tell me Sh0ck-Wave, how many people have you seen coming to the forums and calling the Venka/Ripkas mastery fodder after farming hours for Vermillion Storm? None you say? Is that because no one's managed to actually farm for Vermillion Storm (and we all bought it from Baro) or because you're just talking out your butt?

If it is because no one's actually managed to farm for Vermillion Storm then consider that Vermillion Storm and Vulpine Mask now have even less of a drop chance than before. That's a really really bad droprate.

If it's just you talking out your butt and nobody actually comes to the forums and complains about mastery fodder after spending weeks farming for a stance... would you kindly stop?

Venka and Ripkas are mastery fodder even after Vermillion Storm.  And yes I have the stance.  There you go hahaha

I think DE should step forth an explain themselves. I see staff like @[DE]Rebecca who seem to understand fully what the player interpretation of a situation is allow such a thing. Ovbs she does not handle the drop tables, but it would be nice  if that guy who manages the drop tables had a basic understanding of the scale, as to how rare this mod actually is. In addition I believe that we should all get this stance as compensation, a lot of people here are valued paying customers and yet we keep getting milked for every penny.

DE when you release good content I pay money. Thats why I spent 60$ on the misa prime, because i was satisfied with the game and I wanted to pitch in. But because you introduced these business practices, this just incentivizes me to not fund your game anymore. Put simply decisions like this that create problems that were stated to be fixed like the grind, get worsened people dont want to pay plat anymore unless they stockpiled from a time when your buisness practice was actually fair. 

All you did with this bundle was mess up the market, people are selling a 20p stance for 150p. People I beg you to vote with your wallets, and not buy into this stuff.

Of course it would be most ideal for DE to step forward and explain their rationale, but then what would they say? That they are increasing the grind in an attempt to get more cash out of us? Or that they just have no comprehension for their own game? There's really no way to respond that isn't admitting to being in the wrong, and if we know the devs for this game, they are far too stubborn to admit fault. So all odds are we'll get a ton of dancing around the matter, and maybe just maybe if in a few months the issue doesn't die down de will do a little tweaking so its slightly more bearable and we'll take it because something is better than months of nothing. None the less it would be pleasant if a discussion on this matter could ever come to light, whether DE is just blind to the issue or following an ulterior motive, any kind of discussion on this matter would only force them to actively address and improve the matter.

I can only think how excellent it would be if someone could explore this issue during a Q & A at one of their conventions, where they can't so easily avoid specific questions.

Of course I feel the same about good content and payments, I only invest in a game if I feel it is of proper quality, and needless to say that means the game can't tailored around just milking my wallet. When bad decisions like this (and dozens of others throughout the entirety of last year) occur it only reinforces my justification to not spend cash on the game. Now I don't think getting freebies will improve the situation, in fact it'd worsen the case for me as it would seem like them trying to bribe away our negative response, the only real way to make up for these kinds of instances is to listen to our responses and to learn and act from them.

And honestly the only okay thing they did with this stance was the bundle, to at least prevent massively inflated prices, though that was semi cancelled out by the implied cash milking nature of it. Beat previous methods. 

DE's design philosophy has been stall veterans for as long as possible for some time now, as far back as U15 or even Argon Crystal; it's just that after Archwing the trend has been much more transparent and possibly pushing away other things that should also be at the top of the priority list. Things like grind reduction, a proper sense of progression, cost & tier balance, not relying on bandaid, etc. 

I can't even tell anymore if all these attempts are to stall players, to cash grab them, or just some massive misunderstanding of basic gaming aspects, but it all just leaves a pretty bitter taste in my mouth. This game has so much potential, and the devs say the want to improve the game, want to make it fair and balanced and less tedious, but with each and ever step they take nowadays it seems like its one step forward and massive stumble back.

Okay so to everyone above me, The tyl regor boss fight spawns a minimum of 1 Drekar Manic Bombard, which is not a manic bombard.
If you have more than one player it will spawn 2 drekar manic bombards

The only place that spawns a Manic Bombard is one of the Uranus Sabotage tiles. Instead of killing it you have to get caught by the sensor regulator, and it will release the manic bombard.