Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

>completely broken

>feels rushed

Have you tried it? I was able to run 35 minutes going melee only with it on a MIRAGE. Any weapon that can do that is just fine in my books. If you want to complain about things completely broken in a bad way, go complain about the Tonkor. The only bad thing about this weapon is the stance farming.

you used mirage.  I can pull an unmodded skana out and use mirage effectively for that long in a t4 survival.  your argument is invalid lol

Okay so to everyone above me, The tyl regor boss fight spawns a minimum of 1 Drekar Manic Bombard, which is not a manic bombard.

If you have more than one player it will spawn 2 drekar manic bombards

The only place that spawns a Manic Bombard is one of the Uranus Sabotage tiles. Instead of killing it you have to get caught by the sensor regulator, and it will release the manic bombard.

To this guy...look at the Drekar Manic Bombards Codex, they also drop the mod. 

All they have to do to fix this problem is move the mod to a different enemy. Thats it. Just have a different enemy drop it. Then the drop chance wouldnt matter nearly as much and it would be far more reasonable. I really hope this is fixed in the future.

Other enemy you say? Hmm...oh hey, the juggernaut seems to not have any rare mod drops at all, so....

I completely disagree with you, OP. Here's why:

1. When DE puts an item into the marketplace, it prevents insane inflation in trade circles. This makes these items easier to get for the people that just can't spend the time to farm something like the vengeful revenent stance. When the time required to get a single item reaches 300 hours, it is not reasonable to assume that most players are going to be able to get it. Putting an item like this in the market makes it affordable for the average player. It also gives people a viable option between grinding for the item and dealing with the hell that is trade chat.

2. Stances are largely subjective items. Choosing between several stances is largely a choice that should be based on preference. Do you like the movements of tempo royale, or the damage buff of cleaving whirlwind? When stances are rare like this, it cripples player choice, and shoehorns players into using only one of the myriad of stances. Instead of choosing based on personal preference, players often just go with the stance that has the most damage increases, or the most easily available stance.

3. Nezha is a warframe. Warframes are a huge part of the allure of warframe. If you lock one of them behind either a huge grindwall or a huge paywall, people will be upset, and for good reason. Putting Nezha in the market allows people to trade for the frame at reasonable prices, or just buy the frame outright. Otherwise the frame would remain ridiculously difficult, and expensive, to acquire.

Yep, pretty much,

There's really no way to respond that isn't admitting to being in the wrong, and if we know the devs for this game, they are far too stubborn to admit fault.

I remember the days during Update 8-10 or so where they would admit fault and they'd admit that they messed something up. But then over the course of, say Update 12-14 or thereabouts, I started noticing that during Devstreams, they would take stupid questions from the community and dance around the "hard" questions that it just seemed to me like they didn't feel like answering the questions that people were REALLY asking. You'd have some kind of silly thing where they would answer something like "Is there going to be a new warframe soon?" instead of "Why do you think we need this much RNG-based grind in Warframe?" or "Do you guys think it is fun to do a mission 100+ times knowing you might never get the item?" or something like that.

I miss The Update 8-10 days, back when the game actually rewarded you for your actions, instead of dangling the carrot in front of your face that you probably will never catch unless you manage to roll 50 yahtzees in a row.

Edited by Xylia

1. When DE puts an item into the marketplace, it prevents insane inflation in trade circles. This makes these items easier to get for the people that just can't spend the time to farm something like the vengeful revenent stance. When the time required to get a single item reaches 300 hours, it is not reasonable to assume that most players are going to be able to get it. Putting an item like this in the market makes it affordable for the average player. It also gives people a viable option between grinding for the item and dealing with the hell that is trade chat.

The solution in the best interest of the player then would to not be to put the mandatory mod behind a massive grindwall and then artificially deflate the value with a market purchase.

2. Stances are largely subjective items. Choosing between several stances is largely a choice that should be based on preference. Do you like the movements of tempo royale, or the damage buff of cleaving whirlwind? When stances are rare like this, it cripples player choice, and shoehorns players into using only one of the myriad of stances. Instead of choosing based on personal preference, players often just go with the stance that has the most damage increases, or the most easily available stance.

Stances are not subjective when there is only one. There is no option to choose an easier and reasonable to farm stance for Rapiers. Having one stance is mandatory to make the weapon type more than only quick meleeing, meaning if a player wants to use a Rapier as an actual Rapier they must either buy the bundle or farm days for an artificially undervalued mod.

3. Nezha is a warframe. Warframes are a huge part of the allure of warframe. If you lock one of them behind either a huge grindwall or a huge paywall, people will be upset, and for good reason. Putting Nezha in the market allows people to trade for the frame at reasonable prices, or just buy the frame outright. Otherwise the frame would remain ridiculously difficult, and expensive, to acquire.

Again, the solution in the best interest of the player would would be to lower the required grind rather than keep the extremely limited opportunity to acquire it and add it to the market. This doesn't benefit either the hardcore player or the average user, only those who would purchase things from the market to begin with. 

Again, grinding isn't bad. Ivara is a hell of a grind but if you put your mind to it she drops often enough to get her relatively quickly. Nezha can only be attempted once per day in an already inflated drop pool. If you could run sorties more than once a day with only the chance of Nezha parts dropping in subsequent runs this wouldn't be a problem either.

DE honestly still havent found a middle ground (I can't blame em tho, DE may not admit their faults, but neither do we). 

On one end, we have "instant gratification", in which case people will just leave their game cuz they got everything.

On the other end, we have "burn out", in which  case people have farmed too much and grown tired of this S#&$.

Both result in people leaving the game.

Hey, maybe it's time to start sending DE ideas on how we can obtain that spot between those 2 ends, cuz DE headquarters looks like they're really struggling.

Edited by KuroNekoXlll

To this guy...look at the Drekar Manic Bombards Codex, they also drop the mod. 

Okay so Girl* But you're right, it does drop from them too, but in my defense the poster asked for Manic Bombard, not Drekar Manic Bombard, however more importantly, the UI says the mod drops from "Manic Bombard" and "Drekar Mani...", and cut off literally the most important part of the enemy's name.

I'll happily put my foot in my mouth when the UI stops abbreviating stuff that has 50% of my screen to display a 3 word name.

DE honestly still havent found a middle ground (I can't blame em tho, DE may not admit their faults, but neither do we). 

On one end, we have "instant gratification", in which case people will just leave their game cuz they got everything.

On the other end, we have "burn out", in which  case people have farmed too much and grown tired of this S#&$.

Both result in people leaving the game.

Hey, maybe it's time to start sending DE ideas on how we can obtain that spot between those 2 ends, cuz DE headquarters looks like they're really struggling.

Dude, I once made many, many, MANY suggestions of how to improve RNG-based grind that was NOT Instant Gratification back before I quit this past May.

Not a single one of them were acknowledged, I asked many questions and have only had two of them answered (the one was answered in a very snippy way where what I said was taken totally out of context, in fact, the response was borderline trolling because he implied something I did NOT mean whatsoever).

We can make suggestions until we're blue in the face, but I don't think it is going to help any. It didn't help back during Tubemen and it isn't going to help now I don't think. It won't help until the game is floundering when most of the paying customers get tired of Pay2Win and the REAL playerbase left because you don't get much if you don't pay $$$$.

0.021% drop chance.

2 Drekar Manic Bombards in Tyl Regor fight.

Average 2,381 fights to get Vulpine Mask.

Vulpine Mask is the only stance for rapiers.

There has GOT to be a better way.  Blocking access to the core of Melee 2.0 with every new release is just ridiculous.  Fighting style as loot doesn't even make sense.  It's one thing for rare stances to be hidden on rare enemies, but to have this be the only way to access all stances is absurd.

We have the Syndicate system, we have Focus, we have new login rewards, and we'll presumably have new Mastery Rank rewards at some point.  Why is there not some way to at least get one stance mod per weapon type without having to farm for it?  Some kind of lore-entwined way for Tenno warriors to learn how to wield their blades in the myriad ways of old.  Something other than "I found this shiny thing after killing three billion Infested and plugged it into my fists and now I can breakdance!"

I think the best bet for farming is to find people in clan and just spam fight tyl. Even if you don't need the Equinox parts that just means more credits for the equinox blueprints that drop, and take a nekros (or more but i don't think more than one nekros can successfully desecrate the same corpse) for the chance it might force drop the new stance.

i agree though with buying it instead. Those drop chances are gross x_x

I think I'll stop recommending this game to my friends. DE obviously doesn't care about me, why should I care about them?

I'll keep playing, for now, but they certainly don't make it easy to find a reason to give them money.

I would have to admit that the last two days (IE, the first 2 days of my comeback)... don't give me a whole lot of confidence that I'm seriously going to have fun for long.

I'll try to give em a chance for a week or so, but it looks like my main gripes are still just as bad as they were almost a year ago.

Anything regarding Sortie rewards should be stayed for now IMO because they've openly stated they want to explore a new means for acquiring items in the Sortie table. Until such changes, I think discussing anything in regards to them is somewhat moot until we have the system changes in our hands.

Unless of course all of this really is strictly DE's doing...

Until DE says otherwise, it is. 

The fact of the matter is the acquisition of DE's shares has little to no discernible impact on us as the gamers because Warframe is DE's responsibility. If DE is being strong-armed into trashing the game, then it will show in the game. If DE trashes the game on their own with no prompting from Leyou, it will show in the game.

Thus, it absolutely DOES NOT MATTER who trashed the game, be it Leyou or DE. At the end of the day, the quality of the game and its potential decline is on DE's hands - regardless of who is pulling strings behind the scenes (assuming there even is - which they've gone on record saying there isn't). 

DE are the ones who are accountable, so let's hold them accountable if things go south. Making this about anything else is quite frankly irrelevant.

I would have to admit that the last two days (IE, the first 2 days of my comeback)... don't give me a whole lot of confidence that I'm seriously going to have fun for long.

I'll try to give em a chance for a week or so, but it looks like my main gripes are still just as bad as they were almost a year ago.

I think the worst part about this, is that they hyped it up to no end and they already knew that they were going to make the community unhappy about this. You get on, realize its just another thing you mash E with unless you have the stance, which frankly no one has the time to get. realize its just another MR fodder weapon, then get off the game. Its so sad that such a great game is going down this path.