Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

0.021% drop chance.

2 Drekar Manic Bombards in Tyl Regor fight.

Average 2,381 fights to get Vulpine Mask.

Vulpine Mask is the only stance for rapiers.

There has GOT to be a better way.  Blocking access to the core of Melee 2.0 with every new release is just ridiculous.  Fighting style as loot doesn't even make sense.  It's one thing for rare stances to be hidden on rare enemies, but to have this be the only way to access all stances is absurd.

We have the Syndicate system, we have Focus, we have new login rewards, and we'll presumably have new Mastery Rank rewards at some point.  Why is there not some way to at least get one stance mod per weapon type without having to farm for it?  Some kind of lore-entwined way for Tenno warriors to learn how to wield their blades in the myriad ways of old.  Something other than "I found this shiny thing after killing three billion Infested and plugged it into my fists and now I can breakdance!"

So with 4 Ivaras that becomes along the lines of, (1-0.979^10)= 19% chance of one Vulpine Mask per run.  That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Edited by KnotOfMetal

DE-we wanna reduce the grind, that why every new warframe or weapon will require nitain to build or research (which is 1 per alert, alerts are random), or drops from sortie, or have a stance that drops from super rare enemy. Oh but you can even get those stances from market\trade for hundreds of plat, and it has nothing to do with fact that we make them unfarmable to begin with no no. Ah hek it, just give us all of your plat. This is like extra super cheap way to do things.

Welcome to f2p gaming. You pay with your money or your time.

I predict lockboxes by the end of summer

See, with a game with stunning visuals like Warframe has, they've got more than enough potential to keep the game alive on lots and lots of customization options for each of the warframes, for the weapons, and now we have player-created content that they could be earning a cut on.

We don't need the atrocious grindwalls, especially not of the RNG variety to keep the game going.

In fact, the grindwalls are doing the game a disservice. If it weren't for the huge grindwalls, maybe someone like me who quit last May or whenever might have continued to play -- and pay for the occasional skin/cosmetic item -- all of this time? Maybe instead of playing Terraria, Starbound, etc I might have been playing Warframe and recommending it (instead of Terraria) to my friends?

But no, me and others like me, got turned off and burnt out by all the grindwalling and decided to quit for a time. How much money did I give DE between last May and now?

A grand total of $0.00.

Grindwalls do not magically pump money into your game, and when you use them to coerce people into paying plat for stuff that is ridiculous to get ahold of otherwise, then you're just creating a Pay2Win or at best, Pay2SkipContent.

When the best reason to pay $$$ in your micro-transaction market is "So I don't have to grind to get it", you have serious design flaw issues. People should not want to be skipping content in your game. You're only shooting yourself in the foot if you're trying to get people to pay you money instead of playing your game to earn whatever shiny they want.

That's why Pay2Win games never succeed for long. There's a graveyard full of them. They pay, they get the shiny, they play with it a bit and then they realize... "okay I got the shiny, now what?" Then a new shiny comes along, and they might fall for it a 2nd or a 3rd time but eventually they're going to go "....why am I doing this?" after awhile.

EDIT: Wow, that took almost 10 minutes to load the page after I sent it. Lemme guess, some angry idiot is DDoSing or something... as much as I'm disappointed in the lack of fixes for grindwalls, DDoS is still wrong regardless of why one might think it is justified.

Edited by Xylia

Except when they keep on putting stuff behind borderline IMPOSSIBLE grindfests. 

This is just like when the poison mods were first released, just even worse because manic bombards/drekar bombards only appear on a SPECIFIC node. 

You still don't get it, warframe is a business not a charity. You either timesink or you spend plat. Its f2p life

You still don't get it, warframe is a business not a charity. You either timesink or you spend plat. Its f2p life

Nobody said Warframe is a charity. I don't understand where you're coming from with that.

DE does not profit whenever people burn out and quit  because of impassible grindwalls. Seriously, a 0.01% drop chance from an enemy you maybe, might, see 1-2 of per mission? lel. You could grind that for a year straight and still not have it.

So what you're saying is that it's perfectly fine for DE to put a mod that makes a weapon usable in the first place behind a 0.021% RNG barrier that almost no one is going to crack by actually playing the game. Right. 

There's a difference between f2p, and screwing people over. 

Remember back in the day the outrage for Four Riders being a Manic Drop?

Yeah. DE just waited out the forum rage and continued like nothing happened because in the end players can do nothing short of leaving. Which they won't do because there's no better alternative to WF. In 2 weeks we will just move on and forums will rage about something else. 

So what you're saying is that it's perfectly fine for DE to put a mod that makes a weapon usable in the first place behind a 0.021% RNG barrier that almost no one is going to crack by actually playing the game. Right. 

You know what a stance does? It just adds the value of about 2 forma slots, slightly less. So you cant have your fancy animations instantly, :" (. DE isn't screwing anyone over. You just want something. And you want it now.

You know what a stance does? It just adds the value of about 2 forma slots, slightly less. So you cant have your fancy animations instantly, :" (. DE isn't screwing anyone over. You just want something. And you want it now.

Are you somehow missing the point that a 0.01% drop rate on an enemy that spawns 1-2 during a mission would take YEARS to get the drop?

Are you somehow missing the point that two formas worth of energy points is a lot of freaking power in a weapon? The weapon is nigh-useless without it.

I wouldn't even care about the "fancy animations"... in fact, I'd love to throw anything in that slot... oh wait, you can't.

Edited by Xylia

Yes, i prefer now than never. And i prefer playing a melee weapon with a proper stance. Melee with no stance is like warframe without a keyboard or controller. We wait for new content to come out and what is it? It's not even able to get other than buying.

I refuse to financially support DE with decisions like these, so there's no way in Hell I'd ever waste my platinum to purchase this bundle. I don't know if there's something DE isn't telling us about Leiyou making them drastically increase the grind or if they're doing this themselves despite saying they'd decrease the grind and pissing off their community by constantly making it worse, but being a F2P player in this game is getting worse with each new update.

Sadly, we can raise a fuss and demand F2P grind like this be severely lessened to make it more fair, but we aren't the players DE will listen to; it's the players who whip out their credit cards and purchase platinum to get the new items right away and praise DE for everything they've done that'll get the most attention.

0.0125%.

Are you somehow missing the point that a 0.01% drop rate on an enemy that spawns 1-2 during a mission would take YEARS to get the drop?

Been almost 2 years since Crimson Dervish was released and the only one I've ever got came from transmutation, it may seem like hyperbole to say that it could take years to drop but you are right, it is perfectly feasible to say it could take that long.

Are you somehow missing the point that two formas worth of energy points is a lot of freaking power in a weapon? The weapon is nigh-useless without it.

I wouldn't even care about the "fancy animations"... in fact, I'd love to throw anything in that slot... oh wait, you can't.

You know how long it takes to farm 225 plat to buy the set? 1 day, 15 trades, 15 loki systems. Did you know weapons work without a stance? God forbid that some no stance weapons actually combat more fluidly than one with a stance. This is just another trigger on the forums. Happens every patch. 

lol you're talking as if having 2 extra forma on a weapon isn't that big of a deal. 

Also you seem to be missing the fact that stances pretty much define melee weapons and are what allow them to be viable as standalone weapons. Are we playing the same game? 

Yeah. DE just waited out the forum rage and continued like nothing happened because in the end players can do nothing short of leaving. Which they won't do because there's no better alternative to WF. In 2 weeks we will just move on and forums will rage about something else. 

Unfortunately this is more than likely to be the case, as with every other bump up in grind we've experienced in the past few months, DE just ignores our complaints until we clam up then proceeds right down the tracks again. Sometimes I wish there was an alternative to Warframe just to keep this game on its toes, without that sort of competition they can really do whatever they want without fear of much fallout.

lol you're talking as if having 2 extra forma on a weapon isn't that big of a deal. 

Also you seem to be missing the fact that stances pretty much define melee weapons and are what allow them to be viable as standalone weapons. Are we playing the same game? 

Melee weapons viable in warframe? Are you playing the same game?