Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

I think people also completely forget about transmutation, I've had the stance since this afternoon thanks to spare gold mods and an excess of credits.

I've been transmuting as well but no dice yet TT. I don't think transmutation is as satisfying as playing the game though.

I haven't played WF for quite a while after I maxed everything prior to Nezha at MR21.

Now I just enjoy watching ppl get burned by newer updates and money grab in forum lol.

Tip: Don't farm anything you want, just rotate around and play tsundere and you will get it.

Edited by Volinus7

Are you refusing to buy it out of principle or because you're on PS4 and don't even have the freakin weapon XD

rotfl

*shots fired*

you guys do realize that he doesn't need to actually receive the update to keep up with the updates, numbers, how the community feels, and even youtube videos to realize all this and stay informed?  Or to ask a question to the community?  Not to mention he didn't say anything about him *currently* refusing to buy it.  The context for him was if he was going to buy it when he receives the update, just like literally everyone else, and considering all the angles before doing so, therefore being able to develop an opinion and ask the question.

He did his research before getting himself into all this.  That's more than what 75% of the community does.

matrix-bullet-o.gif

Edited by Firefly0037

Yes, fairly certain you're talking about my comment. Can't be the same droprate as VS divided by 2, that makes no sense since there are now 5 rare mod drops from the Manic Bombard.

0.021% is if it drops from Drehkar Manics as someone said.

It's 0.0125% from the Bombards.

Made up figures to justify the complaints.

I find it hilarious that everyone complains these days about the slightest hint of a grind.

No-one complained about Chansey in Pokemon Silver/Gold way back when. Jus sayin.

I'm just sitting here with a Fat grin on my face because I was on here when it was fresh out and knew that there'd be more posts like this. I said "give it 24 hours". I only had to wait about 7, so thanks I guess ;)

but yes, I completely agree, there is no way in hell that this was done for any reason other than to pressure you into getting the bundle. they knew you wanted the Rapier Stance, so they did the most evil thing they could: give it to an enemy that only appears in single digits, on a single Node. so remind me, where is this "reduction in grind" supposed to be again?

I'll get the bundle, but my Platinum pieces will be laced with a little salt. what puzzles me is.. did they REALLY think they would get away with this without people noticing and getting angry about it? if so, then they derped HARD.

I'm not mad DE, I'm just disappointed. bad enough the blade itself needs both Argon AND Nitain to build, then they make the stance near unobtainable. I hope they learn from this and make future stances less ridiculous to grind for.

Made up figures to justify the complaints.

I find it hilarious that everyone complains these days about the slightest hint of a grind.

No-one complained about Chansey in Pokemon Silver/Gold way back when. Jus sayin.

go to the wiki yourself, find the basic stats, and do the math as necessary.  these numbers are already proven, and you can't say that they're made up to justify your own despair in a grind.

[size=1]also, who cares about pokemon.  this is warframe. wtf kind of comparison is this.[/size]

there isn't a number high enough..

it is kind of ridiculous, but I find the people white-knighting for this even more so. like, really? i would have expected EA or Activision to pull this kind of stunt, sure but not DE. thankfully I have enough to buy it when it comes to console, but it's the principle that irks me. this was a really stupid move on DE's part. i don't mind grinding, but an enemy that only appears on one node and has a 0.021% drop rate is absurd, it's almost sadistic.

if this is how all future Melee stances are gonna be, I'd rather they just give us guns.

Except when we tell them they are accountable for their actions we get told off by moderators for "dev trashing" or "toxic conduct".

What good is our feedback if it gets deleted by overzealous moderators?

The moderators don't work for DE. So there's that.

I'll be the first to stand behind a person or post that is critical of DE and unjustly taken down.

...except I've never seen such a post...

...nor have I ever personally had a post where I was critical of DE removed. (My guess being I was following forum policy - I think that's usually a pretty good strategy)

So I really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. 

Also I forgot to mention, if you just wander right into the feedback forums, you might notice that there are literally hundreds of DE critical threads. Many of which you might also notice, have yet to be taken down for their slanderous language defacing our almighty DE overlords. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go report all of those threads to the mods immediately. Evil is afoot!

Edited by DJ_Redwire

-sigh-

Do I really have explain basic math? Maybe I should just google a video for you...

Okay so:

The chance of getting a Vulpine Mask from a Manic Bombard is .021%

Convert that percentage into odds so that we can work with it mathematically and you get 1 : .00021

You want to calculate the odds that you get a Vulpine Mask from one run of Titania, in which you have 10 chances at the drop table.

Your equation to find the odds that you don't get it would be:

(1-.00021)^10

0.99979^10

Then you simply subtract that from one, and you get odds of actually getting it

1:0.00209801661091169280133647572605, or round it to 1:0.0021

Which converted back into a percent equals .21% per run.

...and this is why I'm sceptical every time they release a new Melee weapon. DE are starting to head to the Dark Side, a realm populated by the likes of EA... don't do it guys! resist!

inb4 someone inevitably says "ERMAHGERD THE CHINESE ARE BEHIND IT!!"

ERMAHGERD THE CHINESE ARE BEHIND IT!!

Edited by Firefly0037

Um it's a rare drop, yes, but i don't have to have everything instantly. Happy to wait till an event or Baro.

Unless the rapier becomes the new meta melee then i'll probably buy it. But if it's not the greatest then i'll just level it without the stance and switch back to room raping orthos p.