Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

you still dont understand

theres a DIFFERENCE between EARNING SOMETHING and pure luck drops that are extinct.

I guess I don't have the collect everything mentality that everyone has. I'm pretty happy with the free stuff that DE has thrown at me like WK, a 70 plat nezha set from trade, Broken war. Pureluck sometimes has to be part of the mmo experience, believe it or not.

The drop rates are indeed ludicrous and verge on sadistic. After genuinely trying to acquire stances the legitimate way I almost always resort to plat our of mental wellness.

Strangely enough, I did get a super-rare-charizard-melee stance from the moon after not even trying to get it o_o. I appreciate that immensely but at the same time I know there are hundreds if not almost thousands of Tenno trying to get that mod that I got without even trying- meanwhile the one I had been looking for for 2 weeks during Christmas break on a common enemy doesn't even drop once. 

I do hope they review this OR as DERebecca mentioned off-handedly on a primetime (forget which I'm sorry), have stances able to be built or earned in a guaranteed fashion like a dojo... Or hell, what Teshin up to outside of PVP? Can't I earn some affinity with my sword and spend it on a combo- OR CUSTOM COMBO MAPPING :D- okay never mind now I'm sad...

Anyway, yeah. I agree, drop rates are broken. This is why I don't pray to RNGesus anymore, I've turned over to LOOTcifer.

I guess I don't have the collect everything mentality that everyone has. I'm pretty happy with the free stuff that DE has thrown at me like WK, a 70 plat nezha set from trade, Broken war. Pureluck sometimes has to be part of the mmo experience, believe it or not.

Except when they keep on putting stuff behind borderline IMPOSSIBLE grindfests. 

This is just like when the poison mods were first released, just even worse because manic bombards/drekar bombards only appear on a SPECIFIC node. 

Well. The bundle is very cheap kind of. Destreza itself costs 185 by iterlf, and bundle with 7 day affinity booster (80 plat) and stance ( 250 plat) seems decent

How long does the bundle last?

Well, time to spend one month in trading chat. My valkyr and banshee will have to sit in my foundry even launder

The longer this game runs, the more pay to win it becomes unfortunately FOR THE AVERAGE PLAYER

Edited by (PS4)robonot2

If you haven't noticed by now, warframe is increasing the grind to ridiculous levels right now.

Where is that nasty grind everybody is talking about? I fail to see it. Ivara? Two days, 30 runs. Maybe not totally representative but neither is that guy with 300 runs. Nezha? Now whole set is 70p, next week it will be 50. Nitain? 4 alerts per day? Nitain is just another way developer to say "You don't want to pay? np, wait a little" We have biggest and laziest clan, np DE introduced clan reduction methods. Equinox? 30 runs, 7 per day, 4 days, no sweat. Revenant? Crimson dervish is better, 50p. If you must use sword, btw nikana offers exactly the same stats and 3 nice stances. 

I wouldn't be surprised that this game lost a majority of his playerbase by end of this year if they keep doing that.

Don't make me laugh :) Game is more popular then ever. Rightfully so. 

You keep disregarding the principle of the matter and using your own experiences rather than challenging the evidence presented before you.

I don't think that one rare mod is a catastrophe. It's nothing, People complained about revanant not being in a hunhow's bundle. Now they got their rare stance in a bundle and guess what? They complain again - you people are killing me really. Are you never satisfied? Thing hit the market 2 hours and you are already writing angry threads :)

Are you being intentionally dense or do you really think you're making sense?

Forget everything else and focus on the fact that it will take you 14 days of non-stop play on a single node. No washing, no sleeping, no eating. Nothing.

Do you think that is reasonable? 

Regarding the rapier, is it even worth it ?

On the paper it looks poor.

no, it's completely broken... in the bad way.  Only thing it has going for it is the aesthetics, and even those some people are quite disappointed with.  Kinda feels rushed overall.

Remember back in the day the outrage for Four Riders being a Manic Drop?

How about Vermillion Storm, the stance that was in the Manic Bombard, which had 1 on 2 chances to appear in an entire mission?

Well, it's the same all over again. Defiled Snapdragon, thanks God it was a Scorpion Stance. Gaia's Tragedy took me 40 Scrombas/Combas kills. Then we had Vengeful Revenant, a stance that drops from Conculysts, which in for example Plato might spawn; and now Vulpine Mask, which also drops in Manic Bombards and the Drekar Variant.

And it's a rare mod, thus having an extremely low drop chance...

Please, stop DE, it's extremely painful to see this.

Give transmutation a shot, that's how I got all my rare stances drop a couple of million credits into it, I'm sure you'll come out with something worth selling or trading

That data has been datamined and is exact or is talking for talking?

it's exact unfortunately :(  it's been calculated on previous threads that it will take on average two solid weeks of farming to get it.  Been keeping up with this since it was released to see what people thought about it, and there's been nothing but disappointment :/

example thread

Edited by Firefly0037

It's just absurd the path DE has been taking on farming in general, without even touching on the whole discussion of grind as a problem in general for this game, the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to these massive leaps in availability astounds me. Most games, at least in relation to drops, follow a progression system as to their rarity, the better the item is, the rarer it gets, but with Warframe it has just been a cluster of everything being more and more difficult to obtain, whether its better, whether its worse, or essentially the same, if ammo drum had been added in now as to a few years ago it'd probably be one of the least obtained mods in the game, not because its worth a crap, but solely because that's how it all works now. The more recent, the more difficult to obtain, that's the system. There is no progression, no sense of continuity or balance, and that's the whole issue. DE needs to take a moment of clarity and realize that is not going to work in the long run, and is only making the game less and less balanced with each step forward.

This Vulpine stance is just the newest and brightest example of how terrible a system new content is built around.

honestly idc about the stance, since you can get at least 2 of the enemies per titania run it's not like you have to wait for RNG to spawn the enemy, then RNG to drop the stance. if my math is correct, it should take less than 20 runs (even less, with ivara/nekros) to get the stance which is about the same as any other rare prime part in the game.

honestly idc about the stance, since you can get at least 2 of the enemies per titania run it's not like you have to wait for RNG to spawn the enemy, then RNG to drop the stance. if my math is correct, it should take less than 20 runs (even less, with ivara/nekros) to get the stance which is about the same as any other rare prime part in the game.

Your math is way off.

It's still an f2p game, you can work for it. Fight Tyl Regor and hopefully you'll get one

Except there is a limit to how far one can take that.

It seems more and more that a majority of the stances coming out are not only rare, but also exclusively drop from a rare enemy (excluding transmutation, but that doesn't really count).

Now this isn't so much of an issue when a weapon type already has a few easy to get stances, but when a new weapon type has been released and its ONLY stance is almost impossible to get?

Thats where the line has very much been crossed.

Hek, I only recently got malicious raptor.

Wanna guess how long the venka were sitting in my arsenal collecting dust because without a stance they are terrible to use?

I wasn't saying it was an excuse.

Making the cash option so vastly more appealing than the excruciating alternative of obtaining it in-game is what most the debased MMO games lower themselves to.

Warframe has traditionally deviated from this principle, and has rewarded players who wish to earn rewards by playing the game.

Problem is, Warframe hasn't deviated from this principle. This stance mod is proof of that. I'll admit that, generally, Warframe doesn't force its players into paywalls as much as other games do. But there are many cases where DE pulls some straight bs.

In this case, the droprate is so low that you have 3 options: Hopelessly farm for the mod, transmute it, or use plat to get it through trade/ the market. While options one and two are free, you have such a small chance of getting this mod through these means that it is ridiculous. This type of practice needs to change.

Your earlier statement indicates that you found no issue with this drop rate, due to the fact that someone can simply "work for 2 hours at minimum wage" and buy it. This is an excuse for the horrendous drop rate.

Edited by deathfrombelow5

People have done the math.. 0021 percent drop chance now thst this mid and vermillion storm drop From the same enemy. 1 to 2 spawn per run. A tyl regor run takes 5 to 10 minutes. You have to farm for literal DAYS OF INGAME TIME to best the percentage odds.

This is pure money grabbing. The bundle seems worth it. The sword itself costs 180, the stance If you find one, up to 200 on the market due to this pack, and an affinity booster for 7 days (80 plat). The only reason the stance is rare is so they make money. Please. Come up with another reason why they would make it like this. I challenge you. There are already so many rare stances and mods. This is borderline insane. This, vengeful revenant. Amd even worse, vermillion storm also drops form the same enemies.

I understand this is a free to play game, but this is too bold fir this company or any as a matter if fact.

EDIT; forgot about Nezha. Good luck farming her too

Edited by (PS4)robonot2

I'd rather farm that stance directly instead of farming for Simaris rep. I'm in no rush anyway.

In combination its not that bad. When you get tired of farming it (like maybe 10 runs and no success in a day.) Do simaris thats like 2-4 runs for a decent 10k+ rep (3.7k per target plus 5-10k bonus upon completion) Yes I would rather do them both seeing as getting a target takes less than 2 minutes to find, scan, and receive.

Problem is that unlike the D polarity, the - polarity pool is large in comparison. More room for junk. But its free and breaks the madness of running the same mission.

The animations are nice, but the seem ridiculous given the weapon type. like you said, a rapier is a precise weapon, not a broad, hacking and slashing one. i don't know much about proper fencing, but i do know a fair bit about sparring in general, and if you're going for precision rather than power, the flashy twirling and all that is just silly and actually counter-productive. i would think the movements would be conservative, with minimal expenditure of energy. i was really excited for this, so i bought the finesse pack right away, but the stance disappointed me. as for the weapon, the only thing i have to complain about is the lack of crit chance. 5% seems ridiculously low to me. like you said, it's a weapon made for striking at weak points so, if wielded properly, i doubt it would miss those weak points 19 times out of 20.