Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

honestly idc about the stance, since you can get at least 2 of the enemies per titania run it's not like you have to wait for RNG to spawn the enemy, then RNG to drop the stance. if my math is correct, it should take less than 20 runs (even less, with ivara/nekros) to get the stance which is about the same as any other rare prime part in the game.

It's less than 1% for it to drop, 0.021% or something like that. And you have 2 chances for it, 6 if you have Hydroid and Nekros.

You'd be really lucky to get it in a 100+ runs.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

honestly idc about the stance, since you can get at least 2 of the enemies per titania run it's not like you have to wait for RNG to spawn the enemy, then RNG to drop the stance. if my math is correct, it should take less than 20 runs (even less, with ivara/nekros) to get the stance which is about the same as any other rare prime part in the game.

R N G. RANDOM. Your "math" is quite pointless.

I don't have the link but one of the threads for this stance calculated it. It is the same droprate as vermillion storm but divided by 2 becasue this is a rare mod thst was added in with the same chance and droptabke.

Yes, fairly certain you're talking about my comment. Can't be the same droprate as VS divided by 2, that makes no sense since there are now 5 rare mod drops from the Manic Bombard.

Given that Vermillion Storm had a drop rate of 0.016% based on the math in this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/461290-give-up-farming-vermillion-storm-theres-literally-only-0016-chance/ we can extrapolate that Vermillion Storm and Vulpine Mask now have a drop rate of 0.0125%. 

Perfectly acceptable drop rate when you consider that the Manic Bombards only spawn 2 per mission on one node. Drekhar Manics aren't much better with a drop rate of 0.0208%.

Don't try and White Knight when you don't even know what you're talking about.

0.021% is if it drops from Drehkar Manics as someone said.

It's 0.0125% from the Bombards.

Edited by DeMonkey

Him.

Curious to know where you got 0.021% from? 

"Most enemies have a 2.01% chance of dropping a mod.
If a Conculyst drops a mod, there is an 8.33% chance of it being rare.
If a Conculyst drops a rare mod, there is a 20% chance of it being Vengeful Revenant.
2.01%  8.33%  20% = 0.03% of a Conculyst dropping Vengeful Revenant."

This is not my math, just some math I copied from someone else who looked pretty smart, not exactly but... you get the idea.
Bottom line, rare mods are rare as hell
Edited by KuroNekoXlll

I've been waiting for a rapier-type weapon for a while, and for the most part I am pleased. Coming from fencing as well, I take a bit of issue with some of the techniques in the stance, but I'm fine with suspending disbelief. It may not be as elegant or completely loyal to the fencing some of us may know, but honestly I wasn't expecting that. It's a mass appeal vs. fencing crowd situation in my eyes.

Perfect world? Parries and ripostes, off-line attacks, evasive steps to lunges, etc. All the things that make fencing an exhilarating mind game. But the game has limits and I wonder how well an almost-primarily jabbing stance with little in the way of crowd-control would fare in this game.

Edit: Oh, and I'm very pleased to see others with fencing backgrounds. Nice to know there are others around here.

Edited by Red-Lynx

-snip-

I think DE should step forth an explain themselves. I see staff like @[DE]Rebecca who seem to understand fully what the player interpretation of a situation is allow such a thing. Ovbs she does not handle the drop tables, but it would be nice  if that guy who manages the drop tables had a basic understanding of the scale, as to how rare this mod actually is. In addition I believe that we should all get this stance as compensation, a lot of people here are valued paying customers and yet we keep getting milked for every penny.

DE when you release good content I pay money. Thats why I spent 60$ on the misa prime, because i was satisfied with the game and I wanted to pitch in. But because you introduced these business practices, this just incentivizes me to not fund your game anymore. Put simply decisions like this that create problems that were stated to be fixed like the grind, get worsened people dont want to pay plat anymore unless they stockpiled from a time when your buisness practice was actually fair. 

All you did with this bundle was mess up the market, people are selling a 20p stance for 150p. People I beg you to vote with your wallets, and not buy into this stuff.

Don't forget, you can always make platinum by selling other things through trade-- Prime weapon & Warframe sets are the most viable --you don't always have to use "real money." The drop rates on prime gear seem to be much more forgiving compared to stance mods (I still don't have the nunchaku or Mios stances). Honestly, DE really ought to either tweak the drop rates on all these rare stance mods, or change the method in which we farm for them, because this $#!t is getting old.

1) numbers are off, but still same concept

2) Can you words

3) NEZHA IS A MALE DAMMIT

4) no I won't be buying any of this ish.

Sorry man ps4 still doesn't have Nezha yet. I keep forgetting that he is a male.

And my phone is way too small for my fingers. I have massive hands. One finger tap hits 2 to 3 letters on average.

Probably another DE Sheldon strikes again maneuver, also a gambit at making players buy plat for the pack rather than have an impossible farm.

shhhh last time I posted anything about DE Sheldon being behind this (about 10 minutes ago), they deleted that and all comments in response to it.... KAN KONFIRM THAT DE SHELDON IS BEHIND THIS

"Most enemies have a 2.01% chance of dropping a mod.
If a Conculyst drops a mod, there is an 8.33% chance of it being rare.
If a Conculyst drops a rare mod, there is a 20% chance of it being Vengeful Revenant.
2.01%  8.33%  20% = 0.03% of a Conculyst dropping Vengeful Revenant."

This is not my math, just some math I copied from someone else who looked pretty smart, not exactly but... you get the idea.
Bottom line, rare mods are rare as hell

That dude's math is wrong then.

All enemies have a basic 2.5% chance of dropping any mods from their drop table.

• All enemies possess their own mod drop tables, visit their respective pages for more details.
  • 75% of the mod drop will draw from the common drop table.
  • 22.5% of the mod drop will draw from the uncommon drop table.
  • 2.5% of the mod drop will draw from the rare drop table.

I won't buy the bundle, but then again I almost never buy stuff in the marked that I can get by playing the game.

I'll do some Tyl Regor runs once in a while.

I'll use some transmute cores once in a while.

Maybe I'l even pick one up for plat or trade in tradechat once the hysteria settles.

I don't need it the first day, week, or even month, so no problem.

I completely disagree with you, OP. Here's why:

1. When DE puts an item into the marketplace, it prevents insane inflation in trade circles. This makes these items easier to get for the people that just can't spend the time to farm something like the vengeful revenent stance. When the time required to get a single item reaches 300 hours, it is not reasonable to assume that most players are going to be able to get it. Putting an item like this in the market makes it affordable for the average player. It also gives people a viable option between grinding for the item and dealing with the hell that is trade chat.

2. Stances are largely subjective items. Choosing between several stances is largely a choice that should be based on preference. Do you like the movements of tempo royale, or the damage buff of cleaving whirlwind? When stances are rare like this, it cripples player choice, and shoehorns players into using only one of the myriad of stances. Instead of choosing based on personal preference, players often just go with the stance that has the most damage increases, or the most easily available stance.

3. Nezha is a warframe. Warframes are a huge part of the allure of warframe. If you lock one of them behind either a huge grindwall or a huge paywall, people will be upset, and for good reason. Putting Nezha in the market allows people to trade for the frame at reasonable prices, or just buy the frame outright. Otherwise the frame would remain ridiculously difficult, and expensive, to acquire.

It's just absurd the path DE has been taking on farming in general, without even touching on the whole discussion of grind as a problem in general for this game, the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to these massive leaps in availability astounds me. Most games, at least in relation to drops, follow a progression system as to their rarity, the better the item is, the rarer it gets, but with Warframe it has just been a cluster of everything being more and more difficult to obtain, whether its better, whether its worse, or essentially the same, if ammo drum had been added in now as to a few years ago it'd probably be one of the least obtained mods in the game, not because its worth a crap, but solely because that's how it all works now. The more recent, the more difficult to obtain, that's the system. There is no progression, no sense of continuity or balance, and that's the whole issue. DE needs to take a moment of clarity and realize that is not going to work in the long run, and is only making the game less and less balanced with each step forward.

This Vulpine stance is just the newest and brightest example of how terrible a system new content is built around.

DE's design philosophy has been stall veterans for as long as possible for some time now, going back as far as U15 or even Argon Crystal; it's just that after Archwing the trend has been much more transparent and possibly pushing away other things that should also be at the top of the priority list. Things like grind reduction, a proper sense of progression, cost & tier balance, not relying on bandaid, etc. 

Edited by traybong111

Yup, just another stance i wont get, another mastery fodder weapon, another useless update. will have the thing built and trashed tomorrow.

Theres a difference between adding content to a game to make it fun, and just simply adding content to a game to make a quick buck. And yea blah blah blah they need money blah blah. Ive traded for all of my plat, but ive put at least 60 bucks into JUST weapon slots, warframe slots, potatoes, etc, probably much more, and they have a huge community who a lot of them have done the same. This doesnt include cosmetics, mods ive bought, prime parts ive bought, etc. If you want your game to make more money, cool, make interesting content, not grind walls. Relying on impatient kids to earn your money from bundles will drive all of the actual players away, and eventually the kids will go and find another game full of flashing lights and colors, and then youll have no one.

We were told there would be less grind, Dont dig the game into a ditch.