Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

Well the thing is, people have been asking for the stances to be sold with the weapons if the stance is really rare. This is admittedly something a lot of people have been asking for so I can't fault them for selling a bundle. In fact, more rare stances should be sold on market to undercut price gougers. 

But a lot of us just feel that that's still not quite enough, and that perhaps the drop chance should be higher than 0.01%. ; ) 

It's just a bit too much to be reasonable. They put it in the droptable with another rare stance too lol. So much lol. 

While I understand the notion, the issue here is that this is the only existing stance for the weapon class. If it was like V Storm, where multiple stances existed for the weapon class, it would be different. But no. Until you get this stance, you have NONE available to you for the Rapier class.

Wow! I can't get the new content instantly, DE is the worst game developer in the world! Why isn't the new items delivered straight into my inventory? I actually have to play the game to earn things? ABSURD!

LOL enjoy grinding for the stance. I think after your one thousandth Tyl Regor run, realizing you still haven't managed to farm either Vermillion or Vulpine, you'll eat your words lol. If there is any sanity left in your brain after all that grinding. ; P 

Wow! I can't get the new content instantly, DE is the worst game developer in the world! Why isn't the new items delivered straight into my inventory? I actually have to play the game to earn things? ABSURD!

Theres a difference between Earning something from working hard at it example Arcanes, Focus System, Sorties. They give a good experience that is challenging.

To mindless grind for a abysimal item that is obligatory for melee viability.

More like "I won't be getting a major part of this content for another 3-6 months, minimum, because I'm not willing to give in to what really feels like a cash grab by DE."

While I understand the notion, the issue here is that this is the only existing stance for the weapon class. If it was like V Storm, where multiple stances existed for the weapon class, it would be different. But no. Until you get this stance, you have NONE available to you for the Rapier class.

Don't get me wrong I agree. There's nothing to defend here. 

What I'm trying to say: I am not surprised/faulting them for the bundle. That is simply in response to something people asked for. 

I am faulting them for putting the stance behind a 0.01% drop rate when it's the only stance available for the weapon (on top of the enemy it drops from already having another ludicrously rare stance in it's table). That it unacceptable and indefensible. 

The bundle should be a way to save time, it should NOT be the only reasonable way to ever get your hands on the stance. 

Bundles should not be the only reasonable answer, because then it really IS pay to play. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Don't get me wrong I agree. There's nothing to defend here. 

What I'm trying to say: I am not surprised/faulting them for the bundle. That is simply in response to something people asked for. 

I am faulting them for putting the stance behind a 0.01% drop rate when it's the only stance available for the weapon (on top of the enemy it drops from already having another ludicrously rare stance in it's table). That it unacceptable and indefensible. 

Ah okay, then yes we are on the same page.

Farming Tyl Regor for hours, even days on end, hoping that one of the two Drekar Manic Bombards drop it. Good luck man. You're gonna need it.

Actually, Derkar Manics drop it as well, so you have almost a dozen chances to get it per run, since a bunch of 'em spawn during Tyl Regor's boss fight.

I could've sworn I saw somewhere that places with guaranteed spawns of rare enemies, such as the Tyl Regor boss fight, ensured that those enemies would have no drops. Has that changed, or was that for something else?

Actually, Derkar Manics drop it as well, so you have almost a dozen chances to get it per run, since a bunch of 'em spawn during Tyl Regor's boss fight.

No they do not. Only Manic Bombards and Drekar Manic Bombards drop it. Only 2 Drekar Manic Bombards spawn during Tyl Regor's boss battle if you have a full squad, and you can potentially fight a singular Manic Bombard during Uranus Sabotage,

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

I could've sworn I saw somewhere that places with guaranteed spawns of rare enemies, such as the Tyl Regor boss fight, ensured that those enemies would have no drops. Has that changed, or was that for something else?

I think that's just for special alerts where you see a lot of a particular enemy that may usually have a lot of rare drops. This prevents people from coming into the tac alert or what have you with Nekros and Hydroid when there are a ton of the enemy around. 

I know they turned off loot drops a while back when it was raining Manics (tac alert), but I am pretty sure it's just for tacs. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

That's something else, because I've obtained drops from enemies during his boss battle, including Final Harbinger from the Drekar Manics.

Yes, those horrible DE guys, how could they!

And we must get new stance /new toy as soon as it enters the game, it is known!

After all, new stance /new melee weapon is crucial part of wf experience, it's more powerful then anything else in game and if you don't use it, your'e seriously crippled.

Not as if we have 10 00 of other weapons and stances to choose from, which are often good or even better. Not like melee is merely a niche by itself.

Forums, as usually filled with spoiled, loud children.

LOL you really don't get why people are unhappy at all do you? 

Plenty of the people complaining have more than enough platinum and are happy to throw it in DE's face whenever they get the opportunity. Some of them admit to usually being ardent DE defenders. 

Also, you are the only person so far to bring insults directed at other Tenno into this thread. Kind of ironic, considering you are the one trying to claim everyone else is being loud and unreasonable. ; P 

After all, new stance /new melee weapon is crucial part of wf experience, it's more powerful then anything else in game and if you don't use it, your'e seriously crippled.

Not as if we have 10 00 of other weapons and stances to choose from, which are often good or even better. Not like melee is merely a niche by itself.

It is criticism, and such should be respected as such. I am very disappointed in DE but I'm not directly insulting them through vulgar comments.

Loud spoiled children would attack other people with hurtful sarcasm, please respect your fellow community members and keep this discussion civil. 

Because it being equally as rare as one of the hardest mods to obtain in the game and being the only existing stance for a brand new weapon totally isnt an issue at all.

Who is the spoiled one here? Us speaking about a legitimate problem, or you passively aggressively putting on a facade of mental superiority?

Thorien pls.

The problem is impatience and freebies not wanting to pay a dime.

You know, the game play people most gravitate towards facilitates setting things up to require endless spamming of a something until the desired prize is rewarded.  Yes, the drop rates are low.  No, you don't need the stance.  Yes, like with hour long endless and what not, you are expected to run the missions more than a few times or trade for what you want.  No, this is not cruel, unjust, or anything else.  F2P - you're either paying, or your kinda sorta content for someone else that does.

And just like Vermillion Storm, people will quiet down after a week or two, either because enough of the new stance has dropped and gotten around, or people stopped caring and went back to using the top tier melee if the rapier isn't.

Edited by Littleman88

The problem is impatience and freebies not wanting to pay a dime.

You know, the game play people most gravitate towards facilitates setting things up to require endless spamming of a something until the desired prize is rewarded.  Yes, the drop rates are low.  No, you don't need the stance.  Yes, like with hour long endless and what not, you are expected to run the missions more than a few times or trade for what you want.  No, this is not cruel, unjust, or anything else.  F2P - you're either paying, or your kinda sorta content for someone else that does.

And just like Vermillion Storm, people will quiet down after a week or two, either because enough of the new stance has dropped and gotten around, or people stopped caring and went back to using the top tier melee if the rapier isn't.

I don't want it's drop chance increased, I want it moved. Tyl Regor's Boss Fight has been run enough by the community. Can we put it anywhere else where it won't harm the player base that farms for things determinedly? It's just how you reach it that needs to be both time consuming, difficult, but not always ending in a player quitting the game. 

People assume that F2P is an excuse, it is not. It should be an incentive to play. What sounds better? "It's got a 0.016 chance to drop from an enemy that drops on one mission." or "It's got a 0.0.16% to drop, but you can play a variety of missions to earn it, and those missions have other rewards so you may get it while going for something else!"

In addition, another big thing a lot of people aren't really talking about... We've done this boss fight a lot for another super rare mod on this one mob. Why do we have to run the same mission so many of us have done all over again instead of spreading out the rare mods to earn? There isn't a shortage of enemies to place it upon right now, why double up on this single hard to get enemy?