Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Vulpine Mask Grind And Rapier [Megathread]

Nox174

If you haven't noticed by now, warframe is increasing the grind to ridiculous levels right now.

Where is that nasty grind everybody is talking about? I fail to see it. Ivara? Two days, 30 runs. Maybe not totally representative but neither is that guy with 300 runs. Nezha? Now whole set is 70p, next week it will be 50. Nitain? 4 alerts per day? Nitain is just another way developer to say "You don't want to pay? np, wait a little" We have biggest and laziest clan, np DE introduced clan reduction methods. Equinox? 30 runs, 7 per day, 4 days, no sweat. Revenant? Crimson dervish is better, 50p. If you must use sword, btw nikana offers exactly the same stats and 3 nice stances. 

I wouldn't be surprised that this game lost a majority of his playerbase by end of this year if they keep doing that.

Don't make me laugh :) Game is more popular then ever. Rightfully so. 

You keep disregarding the principle of the matter and using your own experiences rather than challenging the evidence presented before you.

I don't think that one rare mod is a catastrophe. It's nothing, People complained about revanant not being in a hunhow's bundle. Now they got their rare stance in a bundle and guess what? They complain again - you people are killing me really. Are you never satisfied? Thing hit the market 2 hours and you are already writing angry threads :)

I'd love alternative measures to get the things we want. Give me reasons to play Warframe different than spam running a single node non-stop for new content.

I'm so sick and tired of this dumb grinding nonsense.

(I'll say though, including the stance in the bundle is a nice gesture but should be encouraged more often and done retroactively.)

Edited by Trowicia

More like "I won't be getting a major part of this content for another 3-6 months, minimum, because I'm not willing to give in to what really feels like a cash grab by DE."

i don't have to instantly unlock everything that comes out instantly for free. I can wait for content creep. I can wait for mod saturation. I'm not an impatient nerd who needs everything on the day it comes out. I don't grind for anything, mods will come over time, I understand it, unlike this childish give me everything now mentality that players are having in this thread.

Is there a bundle? I here people saying there is one for 220 plat with the weapon stance, and several other items? What are all the things it includes, and do you think it is worth it? I am getting the weapon Bo matter what, but I heard the stance was super rare and dropped from drekar bombards only on Uranus boss fight

i don't have to instantly unlock everything that comes out instantly for free. I can wait for content creep. I can wait for mod saturation. I'm not an impatient nerd who needs everything on the day it comes out. I don't grind for anything, mods will come over time, I understand it, unlike this childish give me everything now mentality that players are having in this thread.

Now i believe you get paid for what you're saying.

With a whopping 0.021% chance drop rate per enemy, which only appear on a single node, on a boss fight with multiple stages, what more could you have asked for?

"I'm sure it is a reasonable drop rate, not like it is already diluted or anything..." - Warframe developer responsible for managing mod drops from enemies.

But enough with my rambling/ranting/protests/entitlement!

Instead, like the responsible and mature person I am, I'm going to be grinding everyday on Titania Uranus until I get this stance mod!

It's only going to cost me a large chunk of my life, mental health, physical health, hygiene, and general wellbeing! It will be well worth it, right?...so yeah, wish me luck!

Edit: fixed typo

Edit 2: I've decided that I am going to keep a log on this main post for each day of my grinding spree. By grinding I mean the good ol' fashion way of killing the enemies one by one (sorry, no transmute cores or buying the stance for me!)

Day One: farmed quite a bit. Still no sight of Vulpine Mask. I won't give up yet!

Edited by shockwave42

you still dont understand

theres a DIFFERENCE between EARNING SOMETHING and pure luck drops that are extinct.

Is there a bundle? I here people saying there is one for 220 plat with the weapon stance, and several other items? What are all the things it includes, and do you think it is worth it? I am getting the weapon Bo matter what, but I heard the stance was super rare and dropped from drekar bombards only on Uranus boss fight

the bundle is in the marketplace, check that?

How long would it take me (to farm it)? Well, let's see...its Wednesday at the time of this post...calculate this...carry that...

Okay. It's 17 days away from never-gonna-happen.

Edit:

NaramonTransmuteCore.png

A reminder that some players seem to forget that these exist. And will shorten the amount of time required to even farm the stance itself.

I'd rather farm that stance directly instead of farming for Simaris rep. I'm in no rush anyway.

Edit 2 (would anyone see this by now?): I found one while farming for Omega Isotopes on Pluto yesterday. Guess its already been 17 days away from never-gonna-happen. All hail RNGesus.

Edited by UndeadLichKing

Already done it 

Math based solely on the Manic Drekar Bombards peeps drop rate since nothing on the wiki as yet indicates that it drops from Drekar Manics.

Lets say that it takes 5 minutes for a Tyl Regor run (we both know it's longer than that but whatevs), on average therefore you're fighting a Drekar Manic Bombard every 2.5 minutes. You have to kill on average 8000 of them to get the mod, 8000*2.5 = 20000 minutes of farming one node.

20000/60 = 333.3 reoccuring hours.

333.3/24 = 14 days. You were right, it will literally take two weeks on non-stop farming of the same node over and over again.

I can't believe you're defending this.

Edited by DeMonkey

If you haven't noticed by now, warframe is increasing the grind to ridiculous levels right now.

Where is that nasty grind everybody is talking about? I fail to see it. Ivara? Two days, 30 runs. Maybe not totally representative but neither is that guy with 300 runs. Nezha? Now whole set is 70p, next week it will be 50. Nitain? 4 alerts per day? Nitain is just another way developer to say "You don't want to pay? np, wait a little" We have biggest and laziest clan, np DE introduced clan reduction methods. Equinox? 30 runs, 7 per day, 4 days, no sweat. Revenant? Crimson dervish is better, 50p. If you must use sword, btw nikana offers exactly the same stats and 3 nice stances. 

I wouldn't be surprised that this game lost a majority of his playerbase by end of this year if they keep doing that.

Don't make me laugh :) Game is more popular then ever. Rightfully so. 

You keep disregarding the principle of the matter and using your own experiences rather than challenging the evidence presented before you.

I don't think that one rare mod is a catastrophe. It's nothing, People complained about revanant not being in a hunhow's bundle. Now they got their rare stance in a bundle and guess what? They complain again - you people are killing me really. Are you never satisfied? Thing hit the market 2 hours and you are already writing angry threads :)

Again, you continue to use your experiences to attempt to justify a strict drop chance percentage. Such instances merely mean you fell within that drop percentage and nothing more, and that goes for everyone. Your experiences do not represent the quality of the drop chance of anything, nor does anyone else. The evidence that we have posted explicitly states that the drop chance for this mod is roughly 1% from an enemy that can only spawn 1-2 times per attempt at the mission. 

Again, you ignore the principle of the matter as well. It doesnt matter whether or not the stance is good. The fact is, the drop chance is absolutely horrendous, and it made another difficult to obtain mod even more so ontop of being the only existing stance for this type of melee weapon (stances being what makes melee stand out from gunplay). But let's see it from that viewpoint for a moment, because you refuse to see it from any other. Let's say this stance, or any rare one you mentioned for that matter, really isn't that good like you say. This merely provides further reasoning as to why it should NOT be as rare as it is. All that argument has done is work against you. Paying Platinum for something should be an alternative. It shouldnt feel like a requirement for anything that affects gameplay.

Your passive aggressive responses aren't helping you here. There is absolutely nothing that justifies this decision. Nothing whatsoever. If you can find some sort of real argument that proves otherwise, then by all means present it. I truly am interested in seeing how this is possibly at all justified without resorting to "Warframe is F2P so its fine" or "My experiences represent drop chances as a whole."

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

After a series of squealing and hyperventilation with great intensity, I came to my senses and did what any esteemed gentleman would do...

I quickly equipped the rapier to Limbo... to my dismay, I was greeted by a substandard uneloquent idle animation.

It was clear to me that DE had put no extra effort into making Limbo the classiest mtherfker with the rapier.

This is the effort Limbo deserves! An Idle stance tailored specifically to compliment Limbos already dashing appearance!

A rapier on Limbo was I always wanted....(along with bowties, permanent mustache, monocle, cufflinks and a rework)

I would have idled in missions with Limbo for days brandishing that rapier, to flaunt to my peers that I had a superior sense of class and elegance. Instead he has the same animation as the those plebeian rhinos! This is unacceptable!

btw can Limbo have a bowtie? It can be a chest attachment.

I'm not even remotely interested in having this stance mod or the weapon; I'm not a collector, I don't want this mod "just to have it" nor do I want to use that rapier.

Even so, I'm still quite concerned with this entire development. There is absolutely no reason to make anything so difficult and frustrating to get. It's unfair and it's not fun seeing so many people angry about this.

Every time a new stance needs to be released, you do NOT have to make it steadily more difficult than the last stance to obtain, especially when the main difficulty in this game is completely luck-based. Some people can't afford to sit around for 18 hours a day on their computer grinding away.

This is coming from a veteran player with 1400 hours of playtime. I want this game to be more fun, and less frustrating.

NaramonTransmuteCore.png

A reminder that some players seem to forget that these exist. And will shorten the amount of time required to even farm the stance itself.

Dont even, I used 3 steady hands with that core and got a Steady Hands mod...

To answer a question, probably never or if I get it by sheer luck just as I got High Noon today via transmute.

Edit: I do have enough plat to buy the blade with stance, but I don't want to, the recent Markeplace trend with DE got me slightly mad. I bought Hunhow's gift because you cannot have War and Broken War together unless you buy it in a bundle, I bought Loki premium skin bundle for the skin and the armor ( scimitar and kamas skin I don't care ). The rapier and stance with boosters for 200+ plat no TY.

Edited by Ognj